It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 18:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2015, 21:44
This post was
BOOKMARKED
evalea wrote:
kaashi wrote:
evalea wrote:
I was ED and got my need-based aid award today (it was pretty small). I am still waiting on merit-based aid.... very frustrating. According to the admissions office, merit-based aid can be given out through August.

Would it be possible for you to share how much they offered as need-based aid? Just trying to see how much they are shelling out on an average..

Sure, they give me 10K/semester. I was hoping for double that. but I don't have anything to benchmark to so maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

Congratulations! That's quite significant amount given they have mentioned on the website that the need-based grants are in the range of USD ~5K - ~12K. 10K/Sem is almost double of this. Assuming this is renewable in second year, total should be USD 40K, that is quite a good number.

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 06:00
Would it be possible for you to share how much they offered as need-based aid? Just trying to see how much they are shelling out on an average..[/quote]

Sure, they give me 10K/semester. I was hoping for double that. but I don't have anything to benchmark to so maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.[/quote]

Congratulations! That's quite significant amount given they have mentioned on the website that the need-based grants are in the range of USD ~5K - ~12K. 10K/Sem is almost double of this. Assuming this is renewable in second year, total should be USD 40K, that is quite a good number.[/quote]

I got half of that. 5k/sem

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 09:03
sydbarrett wrote:
Would it be possible for you to share how much they offered as need-based aid? Just trying to see how much they are shelling out on an average..

Sure, they give me 10K/semester. I was hoping for double that. but I don't have anything to benchmark to so maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.[/quote]

Congratulations! That's quite significant amount given they have mentioned on the website that the need-based grants are in the range of USD ~5K - ~12K. 10K/Sem is almost double of this. Assuming this is renewable in second year, total should be USD 40K, that is quite a good number.[/quote]

I got half of that. 5k/sem[/quote]

Second that! 5k/sem. Given the fact that CBS does not give out much aid I think that even 5k/semester is a huge help.
That turns out to be 20k that otherwise would be taken out of your pocket/loan. It is free money! I'll take it even if it is 100 bucks.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 09:09
This post was
BOOKMARKED
M1325 wrote:
sydbarrett wrote:

Sure, they give me 10K/semester. I was hoping for double that. but I don't have anything to benchmark to so maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.

Second that! 5k/sem. Given the fact that CBS does not give out much aid I think that even 5k/semester is a huge help.
That turns out to be 20k that otherwise would be taken out of your pocket/loan. It is free money! I'll take it even if it is 100 bucks.[/quote]

Same here. Very happy to receive this aid package.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 10:32
Chinkys wrote:
M1325 wrote:
sydbarrett wrote:

Congratulations! That's quite significant amount given they have mentioned on the website that the need-based grants are in the range of USD ~5K - ~12K. 10K/Sem is almost double of this. Assuming this is renewable in second year, total should be USD 40K, that is quite a good number.

That turns out to be 20k that otherwise would be taken out of your pocket/loan. It is free money! I'll take it even if it is 100 bucks.[/quote]

Same here. Very happy to receive this aid package.[/quote]

For reference I received $6k a semester, renewable. Very pleased / appreciative. As others have mentioned, that's straight free money.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 09:40
late admit here, very excited, anybody have any idea how long it will take for my PID to show up after my Admit Status Update?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 744 [1], given: 355

Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 11:25
This post received
KUDOS
tlef wrote:
late admit here, very excited, anybody have any idea how long it will take for my PID to show up after my Admit Status Update?

Congrats! Welcome to CBS

Should be pretty quick it took me 2-3 days

Kudos [?]: 744 [1], given: 355

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 85

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: 332 Q162 V170
GPA: 3.82
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 08:56
About how long did everyone's Re Vera process take?

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 85

Current Student

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 10:39
akueldo wrote:

It took 3-4 weeks, they had a few questions, I answered them and we were done. For the cost, $45 bucks, they're not spending anymore time than they have to

Retired Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 546

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2015, 09:28
Hi,
Really sad to witness the recent earthquake. Hope you and your family are fine?
Prayers for all those who lost their lives in this turmoil.
Take Care
Celestial

Kathmandu2013 wrote:
akueldo wrote:

It took 3-4 weeks, they had a few questions, I answered them and we were done. For the cost, $45 bucks, they're not spending anymore time than they have to

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 546

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3798 [0], given: 2448

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2015, 09:15

Webinar: How to Pay for Your MBA

Date: May 19th, 2015. Tuesday
Time: 4 PM Pacific Time

Learn how to understand the full cost of attending business school, identify sources of financing, and the calculations you need to know.

Julianna Young, VP of Operations at CommonBond, will teach you:
- How to understand the full cost of attendance.
- How to identify sources of support—scholarships, loans, and more.
- The mechanics of lending – the terms and calculations you need to know
... and much more!

Register now to learn how to pay for your MBA.

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3798 [0], given: 2448

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2015, 11:39
Reviving this thread to ask - has anyone NOT gotten any their Re Vera confirmation yet? I can't be the only who submitted my consent form on the late side (early July)... Unless I am? At this point, it's been over 3 weeks. I know it could potentially take 3-6, but figured it might be quicker since they originally said Re Vera checks would all be finished by July 20. Thanks :D

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2015, 11:39

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 212 posts ] 

Calling ALL Admitted CBS Folks - Class of 2017

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap