Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Anyone else received call post waiver? Are the calls sent in batch or there won't be anymore calls for this round?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
With just 9 days left, I am wondering how only a handful of invites went out post waiver..
if that is the case, it does solidify the assumption that initial calls were definitely made based on some strategy or the reporting at GC is low.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Vanathi20 wrote:
With just 9 days left, I am wondering how only a handful of invites went out post waiver..
if that is the case, it does solidify the assumption that initial calls were definitely made based on some strategy or the reporting at GC is low.

I guess the latter is true. There must be many lurkers at GC
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Vanathi20 wrote:

9 days until what?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Vanathi20 wrote:

9 days until what?

It said on the website that interviews would be completed by 21st November. It is 12th November today. Hence 9 days left.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks.

On a side note, for those who have interviewed, how do we verify the person submitted a report? Nothing on my status page changed, and I can totally see my guy forgetting...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Thanks.

On a side note, for those who have interviewed, how do we verify the person submitted a report? Nothing on my status page changed, and I can totally see my guy forgetting...

There is no way you would know as the interview email specifically mentioned that the applicant need not inform the admissions that an interview took place. If you are that eager, email the adcoms and ask them the status of your feedback.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Vanathi20 wrote:

9 days until what?

Kellogg mentions the final day by when you should schedule your interview, https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pro ... lines.aspx

Deadline for all interviews to be completed for R1 applicants is 21st Nov, 2015.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
Thanks.

There is no way you would know as the interview email specifically mentioned that the applicant need not inform the admissions that an interview took place. If you are that eager, email the adcoms and ask them the status of your feedback.

Certainly not that eager. Will roll the dice at this point, thanks.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
Thanks.

Certainly not that eager. Will roll the dice at this point, thanks.

Another way is to mail your interviewer (if you think he will not consider your email a bit out of the ordinary or if you got a feeling that your interviewer will be fine with such an email) and ask him/her about the feedback.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Just out of curiosity:
Is the acceptance rate after interview of Kellogg applicants from India higher seeing that Kellogg only interviews a handful?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Increasing nervousness with each passing day that I've not got any update post the waiver!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
chinoo411 wrote:
Just out of curiosity:
Is the acceptance rate after interview of Kellogg applicants from India higher seeing that Kellogg only interviews a handful?

I don't think that's the case. Take this hypothetical example:
India: Applicants = 70, Invited for Interview = 50, Waiver = 20, Accepted = 17,
China: Applicants = 50, Invited for Interview = 50, Waiver = 0, Accepted = 17
East Africa: Applicants = 25, Invited for Interview = 25, Waiver = 0, Accepted = 17

Anything is possible, i don't believe anyone can guesstimate their way out to figure out this whole process!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: The changing scene of social impact

From left to right: Professor Ben Jones with current students Eric Leventhal, Scott Worthington, Kyle Burr and Rebecca Sholiton during Net Impact Week.

By Ahalya Vijay

Net Impact Week is a series of events organized by the Net Impact Club at Kellogg to expose members of the Kellogg community to the world of social impact. The focus of this year’s Net Impact Week was “Inspiring Growth and Impact.”

My main learning from Net Impact Week was that social impact can’t happen in a vacuum. Partnerships with for-profit companies and access to stable sources of financial capital are key to making a sustained impact. Transferring expertise or skills isn’t simply a matter of flying from one country to the next; it takes time to immerse yourself in the culture of the destination country and to start adding value that is tailored to what people actually need. In order to have the time to actually make an effective impact, social entrepreneurs require access to capital and resources.

The world is changing to accommodate these two needs.

Amit Bouri, CEO of the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), visited Kellogg to discuss his organization and the role of impact investing in driving social impact. He has developed an evolving catalogue of common metrics on impact performance called IRIS. Being able to effectively measure the performance of any specific impact-related venture will allow investors to better understand what exactly they are funding. How many people is the venture benefiting? How much is the venture contributing to improving the lives of community members? IRIS hopes to be able to answer these questions — or at least provide a common framework that investors and social enterprises can use to do so.

GIIN’s perspective is that the dollars going into social enterprises should be treated the same way as dollars that go into the private sector: Investors need to understand what they are investing in so they can continue sending money where it is most needed.

While it is true that enterprises need to improve their measurement of impact, they actually need to have impact first. In order to do this, enterprises need access to capital.

That’s where Tasha Seitz comes in. She is the chief investment officer of Impact Engine, a social impact incubator in Chicago. She conducted an impact investing bootcamp, introducing Kellogg students to a spectrum of investing strategies used in the social impact space.

One interesting point she made was that large private sector companies are changing their definitions of corporate social responsibility and that they are looking at their social impact from the perspective of supporting their business strategy and operations. Emily Gipple ’15, did a good job of explaining this new definition of corporate social responsibility in her TEDx talk on campus earlier this year.

Net Impact Week was capped off by a standing-room-only event: The Role of the Private Sector in Creating Lasting Social Change. At this event, Dean Sally Blount, accompanied by some of Kellogg’s most renowned professors, including Harry Kraemer, Paul Christensen and Linda Darragh, spoke about the convergence of the private sector and social impact. The panel emphasized the need for increased financial capital in the space, as well as the need for investors to measure investments using a combination of financial and social returns. Dean Blount reiterated that we, as future business leaders, will bring about this change and will develop innovative solutions to society’s most pressing problems.

So did we solve major world issues during Net Impact Week? No. But we started a discussion around the creation of new models that can increase the growth of impact disruptive social enterprises can have. Such a conversation is important because in many developing countries and underserved communities, social enterprises are tackling gaps in government service delivery that are critical drivers of economic development.

Interested in joining the discussion? Join the Net Impact Club at Kellogg to start talking.

Ahalya Vijay is a first-year student in the MMM program at Kellogg. Prior to Kellogg, she did economic development work with the South African government and management consulting in the U.S. and Canada.

Filed under: Academics, Business Insight, Student Life Tagged: Growth, impact, Net Impact Club, Net Impact Week, social impact
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
Send PM
I have a GMAT score of 690 (Q51/V30) and 4.5 yrs of work experience in product development. One Kellogg Alumni is writing a referral letter (not recommendation, as we haven't worked together) for me.
I am applying for R2 admissions.

How much weight the referral letter add to the application?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
ankitdhall919 wrote:
I have a GMAT score of 690 (Q51/V30) and 4.5 yrs of work experience in product development. One Kellogg Alumni is writing a referral letter (not recommendation, as we haven't worked together) for me.
I am applying for R2 admissions.

How much weight the referral letter add to the application?

Very difficult to judge the relative importance/benefit of the referral letter. You can definitely add it as an additional document but thats all. HOw much will the adcoms weigh that letter is entirely upto them. But there is no harm in submitting that letter. But beware that the letter should not be talking about the same things, quoting the same examples etc that you have either mentioned in your essays or your recommenders are talking about. Only submit it if that letter adds to your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:

Very difficult to judge the relative importance/benefit of the referral letter. You can definitely add it as an additional document but thats all. HOw much will the adcoms weigh that letter is entirely upto them. But there is no harm in submitting that letter. But beware that the letter should not be talking about the same things, quoting the same examples etc that you have either mentioned in your essays or your recommenders are talking about. Only submit it if that letter adds to your application.

OK. The letter would be a qualitative description of me. Since he knows me personally but not professionally, it wouldn't be right to talk about my work.
I hope the adcom committee takes it positively.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts