Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Re: CR: Greenville Times [#permalink]
20 Aug 2008, 21:35
This is quite confused since there is no perfect choice. But my stand is with B. If the circulation improves, that means the magazine could improve its advertising sales (charge higher for each ads). This could disprove the claim that the re-org has helped the magazine to improve its total ad sales.
Re: GMAT PREP CR: Sales [#permalink]
02 Dec 2008, 10:57
Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising sales force. Before reorganization, the sales force was organized geographically, with some sales representatives concentrating on city-center businesses and others concentrating on different outlying regions. The reorganization attempted to increase the sales representatives' knowledge of clients' businesses by having each sales representative deal with only one type of industry or of retailing. After the reorganization, revenue from advertising sales increased.
In assessing whether the improvement in advertising sales can properly be attributed to the reorganization, it would be most helpful to find out which of the following EXCEPT?
1) Two years ago, what proportion of the Greenville Time's total revenue was generated by advertising sales total revenue is irrelevant
2) Has the circulation of the Greenville Times increased substantially in the last two years weakens if yes
3) Has there been a substantial turnover in personnel in the advertising sales force over the last 2 years weakens if yes
4) Before the reorganization, had sales representatives found it difficult to keep up with relevant developments in all types of businesses to which they are assigned? strengthens if yes
5) Has the economy in Greenville and the surrounding regions been growing rapidly over the last two years? weakens if yes