Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q800 V680
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Submitted.. and the waiting begins..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Guys - Not able to access ISB portal.. Anyone facing the same problem
Manager
Manager
Send PM
diehardmbafan wrote:
Guys - Not able to access ISB portal.. Anyone facing the same problem

working perfectly fine
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vs007 wrote:
siddraooff wrote:
Hi,
Have one question regarding the Employment details to be filled in the ISB Application form. I have undertaken different roles at different positions in current stint with the same employer. Should i be adding separate records for each of the roles with the same employer or a single record, with different roles mentioned in the job responsibilities.

Would appreciate an urgent response, considering the deadline is a few hours away :)

Regards.
Siddharth

If the difference in job responsibilities is significant then write different roles under different headings and add separate records.

Thanks buddy.... Finally Application is submitted...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vs129 wrote:
Did Anyone get an email inviting them to apply for the Fellow Programme in Management after they submitted the application to the PGP course ?

I did, put didnt give it too much importance. Seems to be just a marketing campaign for their research program which i was not particularly interested in.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
just received a mail from ISB stating that my application has been found complete. So waiting anxiously. Fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just after submitting the application yesterday I received email from ISB saying that my Evaluator details have not been updated. The truth is infact that both the evaluator details and the evaluation form had been submitted long ago. Wonder if anyone else had the same issues.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
ankurq7 wrote:
Just after submitting the application yesterday I received email from ISB saying that my Evaluator details have not been updated. The truth is infact that both the evaluator details and the evaluation form had been submitted long ago. Wonder if anyone else had the same issues.

Drop in a mail to the ISB people and they will clarify all your doubts...

Regards,
Ankur
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
ankurq7 wrote:

Don't worry too much, deadline for submitting evaluations has been extended till 7th December 2013 and for sending your official GMAT score is 20th Dec
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
jkaustubh wrote:
just received a mail from ISB stating that my application has been found complete. So waiting anxiously. Fingers crossed.

great news.... I did not receive any. I have submitted on the last day of deadline. When did you submit.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Thanks for the consolations Archit, but I am really not sure that where did I go wrong.
Was an interviewed reappicant, applied in Round1...May be the reapplicant essay was not good enough :(
90th percentile on GMAT means 10% of the people are ahead of me :P
That means on an average in 2.5 lakh people give GMAT in a year, then 25000 are ahead of me.
And thats a good number. So would say not a big achievement.
Still bygones are bygones. Will do something else and lets see where do i go..

All the best for your result!!
-Ankur

Sorry to hear about the decision. But your analysis is wrong. Percentile is for whole world and since the day it started. So we really can not make such assumption.

If you can not get with 700 then you can not get with 750 too, unless there are two guys with similar profile and you are having lower gmat.
So the question is what can we do to get admission even at 700? I m also having a rather lower than average GMAT for Indian IT applicants.
I have applied in R2. Lets see how it goes. We are in same boat :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: The Value of the ISB Alumni Network
This past weekend, we hosted our alumni at Equinox, the annual alumni learning and networking event at our Mohali campus. I thought this may be a good time to share some thoughts on what you can look forward to if you become part of our rapidly growing alumni network.

Long after our students graduate from ISB, the network that they became a part of continues to play an important role in their lives. Whether one is looking for valuable business leads or exclusive job opportunities, is settling into a new city and building a circle of friends, or for just about anything else, the alumni network is almost always the first port of call.

With over 5200 alumni spread across 32 countries, the ISB alumni network is vibrant, engaged and growing rapidly. They are an active lot and passionate about helping one another. Many of the alumni report that their career growth post graduation has come directly through alumni referrals and job postings on the network. If you thought job opportunities are available only during placement season, think again – the alumni email group sees high-level jobs and opportunities being posted almost on a daily basis! A lot of alumni also reach out to the network for information, guidance or ideas on solving challenges that they grapple with at work. The collective input from them leads to faster and more effective solutions – something that organisations have come to deeply appreciate in their employees. It is no surprise that many organisations encourage the ISB alumni in their employment to recruit more ISB graduates, from the alumni network as well as from the school directly through placements.

Apart from helping corporate careers, the alumni network is also proving to be a great resource for the growing pool of entrepreneurs in the ISB community. Whether they are trying to recruit good talent, looking for top professional services like designers, developers, subject matter experts, lawyers, etc, trying to get publicity for their ventures and build a client base, or even generating investor interest, the collective network often has great references and advice to share, based on personal experiences with these. An encouraging trend at ISB is the ever-increasing number of alumni coming together to co-found businesses.

Of course, the network is not only about work and business. The community is socially active and meet often, in small groups as well as large ones. Movies, get-togethers, and weekend getaways provide a welcome break from work and are especially enjoyable in the company of individuals one shares a pleasant history with. If an alumnus is visiting a city on work and finds that he/she has some free time at the end of the day, fellow alumni are a phone call away – definitely a better option than killing time in the airport lounge. Alumni relocating to a new city also find that the network is there for them – anything from finding a house and suggesting good schools for the children to showing them around town and helping them build a social circle. With such a support system in place, transitions become a lot more comfortable.

Apart from the informal interactions and events, the school and the various chapters of the ISB Alumni Association (ISBAA) also organise official alumni events in different cities. Every year, we celebrate our two alumni reunions, Solstice and Equinox, at our two campuses. These help alumni reconnect with the school, meet old friends and make new ones. They also get to relive their student days by returning to the classroom for learning sessions at these events. In fact, such “Lifelong Learning” sessions are conducted throughout the year at different cities, organised by the elected ISBAA representatives of the different chapters.

All this sharing of resources and opportunities, social interactions and a strong support system are not only rewards in themselves, but also serve a higher purpose. They build a strong sense of belonging and promote a mindset of helping the fraternity. Today, this habit helps make life a little more comfortable. Tomorrow, with a critical mass of alumni in leadership and decision-making positions, this translates to opening up of exclusive opportunities and social circles comprising of CXOs and influential individuals. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the immense value that such a network has to offer.

However, to reach that critical mass of ISB alumni in key positions is not easy. We do have an advantage because our graduates start higher up on the corporate ladder, as indicated in my earlier blog post on Career Advancement Services at ISB. And as they have shown, they will scale heights quickly from there. We are a young school, but while most other schools with several years of heritage are adding between 200-400 alumni to their fold every year, we are adding about 800, while maintaining the most stringent admission criteria. At this rate, the day is not far when a critical mass of our alumni will be leading global companies and be the foremost decision makers influencing business, economy and society. Consequently, the reach and influence of each alumnus in the network will also increase manifold.

I will point out a simple, present-day indicator of how the ISB alumni network increases reach. In fact, some of you may already have noticed this: An ISB alumnus’ Facebook or LinkedIn account generally has a significantly higher number of connections/followers than those of the average social media user. They also happen to be connected with fairly influential individuals in their areas of interest. Safe to say this effect is going to grow faster and faster from here on.

Let me leave you with a little anecdote about how the alumni network tends to go above and beyond when help is needed, even in the simplest of things. This is from the personal experience of our alumnus Subramani Ramachandrappa (PGP ’04), CMD of Richcore Lifesciences:

We were putting up a manufacturing plant and my engineering consultant said we needed X units of steam and therefore needed Y kilowatts of backup power, etc. On the look of it, I felt it was too much, but I was not the expert here. So I sent a mail to the alumni network with my concerns and I got six replies almost immediately from alumni who were experts in the energy space, having spent years in the best consulting firms and industry. They each offered to take look at this, and I did not even know any of them! It was just because of the pgp.isb.edu email id that we all had in common. In two days, somebody actually flew down pro bono, sat with me and ran through the program, suggesting changes and helping me understand the system. I could trust him because he was an expert, a fellow alumnus and was not going to steer me wrong. We went with the new recommendations, and even today, my plant has been running great with what we implemented. In fact, the engineer who suggested the original specifications to me also wanted to collaborate with my friend on future projects!

That is the kind of support you can get from the alumni network. Any request for help never goes unanswered, anything from a simple request for information all the way up to support during medical emergencies. We are not looking at it as a transaction, but saying that we all belong to the same family.

All the best!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Applying to ISB PGP in Round 2
Each year, applicants have to take a call between applying in Round 1 Vs Round 2. For a particular individual, any number of reasons could make it better to apply in one round than in the other.

There are some advantages of applying in Round 1. For example, getting an offer of admission early gives applicants more time to get prepared for the changes coming up – planning the resignation from their job and handing over responsibilities, terminating home lease, making travel arrangements, organising finances, looking for a new job for the spouse in the new city, looking for good schools for kids in the new city, etc. It also allows them to take a break before joining the programme. Travel seems to be a popular option with many of the students admitted in Round 1. Even in the case where one doesn’t receive an offer of admission, it still helps to know it early so that they can get a head start on addressing any weaknesses in their profile before reapplying next year.

Applying in Round 2 has its own unique set of advantages:

• More time is available to evaluate options and figure out if B-school is the right avenue for improving your careers (Related: Should You Go to B-school?). If the choice to go to B-school has already been made, then you may use the time to decide on which schools and programmes would be right for you (Related: Studying at ISB Vs Studying Abroad).
  • If you are ready to apply, the additional time gained by applying in Round 2 can help you prepare and submit a stronger application:
    • You may be completing an important assignment shortly, which would go towards improving your overall profile and ability to add value to class discussions.
    • A significant increase in responsibility through a promotion or profile change could be on the horizon and you can showcase that in your application.
    • If you are not happy with your GMAT score, you can try and improve your score. Note that for those who have taken GMAT more than once, we consider only the best score while evaluating applications.
    • You can use the additional time to complete any certifications or courses that you had taken up.
    • Most importantly, submitting in Round 2 allows you to iterate a little more on your application and articulate your story better through essays, CV, etc. Get friends and colleagues to review them, incorporate helpful feedback and try to present a stronger application.
  • Applying in Round 2 allows you more insights into the application process. You can benefit from the greater collective intelligence of the community, which has had a few extra months to analyze the procedure, essay questions, etc for the year. Input from Round 1 applicants about their experience is also something that you may find very useful.
  • And finally, if you had other engagements or business travel during Round 1 and couldn’t really concentrate on your application effort, Round 2 gives you another opportunity to apply to B-school and take the next step towards improving your career. Make the most of it and put your best foot forward.
At this point let me make it clear that submitting your application in Round 2 has, by itself,  no effect on your likelihood of acceptance. For e.g., one myth is that most seats are filled up in Round 1, leaving very little for Round 2 applicants. Another common myth is that the number of applications is lesser in Round 2 and hence admissions are less competitive than in Round 1. I assure you that both of these are incorrect. We see a similar mix of students applying in both the rounds, and the number of offers made in each round is kept proportional to the number of applications received, guided by historical data and prevailing trends. So applying in a particular round, by itself, will neither improve nor hurt your chances of admission.

To those of you who were considering applying in Round 1 but decided to submit your applications in Round 2 instead, congratulations! You have rightly followed the first rule of submitting a winning application – “Apply when you are ready.”

All the best!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Application Tips for Reapplicants to ISB PGP
In the ISB PGP application pool, we get a large number of re-applicants who have unsuccessfully applied to ISB once or more before. This is a key demographic for us and we value these candidates greatly, simply because they persevere when others in similar situations don’t.

There may be several reasons for not making it through ISB’s admissions process in the first attempt. Many may have applied in the previous year even though they had not spent enough time to build and present their most compelling argument. Or they may not have done sufficient homework to understand what the school looks for in prospective candidates. Perhaps they may not have been ready for business education at that time, and that came through in their application or interview. It is even possible (and is often the case) that they may have done everything right and submitted a great application, but may not have made the cut in a very competitive application pool. Whatever the reason, a candidate’s unsuccessful attempt can sometimes discourages him/her from reapplying to ISB next year, and may even lead to dropping the idea of going to B-school altogether. For those who do reapply, however, not getting an acceptance letter from ISB becomes a source of motivation to improve themselves, find out what needs to be done to make it next year, and then put in the necessary effort to get that letter. These are the candidates we seek.

So if you are keen on making it to ISB and have decided to reapply in spite of being unsuccessful previously, here are some of the things you can do to improve your chances this year:

• Identify what was lacking – Ideally, you did this exercise soon after learning that you did not get an offer of admission. Request feedback from us about your application. While we may not provide point by point feedback on your application, we do give detailed pointers on how to prepare a good application. For those who have been interviewed, it would be a good idea to work on presenting oneself better at interviews. We will try and provide inputs to everyone who seeks them, but sometimes it may not be possible to respond to all requests. Even then, share your application with friends, alumni, colleagues, mentors, admissions experts, etc. and figure out where you need to improve.
  • Figure out your purpose – If your previous attempt failed to make a convincing argument, it could be because you yourself were not very clear about why you needed to go to B-school. Ask yourself, should you go to B-school? The answer might provide the clarity, direction and conviction you need.
  • Showcase your strengths – By now, you must have realised that ISB focuses on applicants’ strengths rather than weaknesses. Strengths demonstrate to us that you are capable of becoming very good at things you take up (or at least, some of the things). So understand your strengths and differentiators, highlight them in your essays, and present your case better the next time.
  • Be honest about your weaknesses – This is related to the previous point. While we focus on strengths, we also acknowledge that all our applicants have some areas where they need to improve. If not, why would they even need to come to B-school? In fact, you will notice from our online application portal that we do not ask about candidates’ weakness anywhere in the application. So do not be unnecessarily nervous about any weakness. Instead, understand it, figure out how ISB can help you address it, and communicate that to us clearly. If there are areas where you have proactively taken steps to overcome a weakness, we’d love to hear about them and also the results of such actions.
  • Focus on improvement made since your last application – This is something that we do not compromise on. Once you have applied to ISB but not made it, you know that there is work to be done. You need to show us how much effort you have put in over the last year to improve yourself and what results you have achieved. In fact, there is one full essay dedicated only to this, and it is mandatory for reapplicants. You should also highlight any awards and achievements received. We will be looking at all this in the context of your previous application.
  • Finally, prepare and present a strong case for why you should be part of the next PGP class. I have blogged in detail about several different aspects of the application procedure, so you have a great amount of information available at your fingertips. You can get started here.
In conclusion, my advice to you is this: If you have applied to ISB PGP before and not made it, do not lose heart. It is an opportunity to demonstrate perseverance and a never-say-die attitude. We value those candidates who can show tenacity and stay in the game long enough to succeed. So understand your strengths and weaknesses, put in the necessary effort to make critical changes, and be smart about putting your best foot forward. In fact, this is exactly what will be expected of you when doing business in the real world too.

All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Applying to ISB PGP: Submitting your Application – Round 2
With just over a week to go for the Round 2 deadline in the ISB PGP 2014-15 application cycle, I’m sure the activity level among our applicants is at a peak. Those who were not ready to submit before the Round 1 application deadline could always opt to apply in Round 2, but those applying now have no such safety net; you need to be disciplined about preparing and submitting your final application within the stipulated time period. To ensure that you are on top of everything, I strongly suggest that you go through the application checklist and pointers shared during the Round 1 application cycle. This is important.

In addition to finalising your application, my suggestion is that you start working on additional tasks that have a shorter buffer this time around, as compared to Round 1:

• Documents – Although we do not require documents like marks cards, degree certificates, offer letters, etc to be uploaded at the time of submitting the application, you will be required to upload them if you receive an interview call. So if you do not have them with you and need to collect them from different locations like your home, college, previous workplace, etc, please arrange for this to be done now. The full list of required documents is available in the application portal.
  • Evaluators – If you have not identified who your evaluators are going to be, identify them now. Remember, they too have a busy schedule and need time to fill in the evaluation form. It is not necessary for the evaluation to come in before or on the deadline of the application. All that a candidate needs to do is identify the evaluators in the space provided in the application portal and submit the details. Once that is done, the candidate can complete the application in all other respects and submit it.
  • Interview preparation – Ensure that your essays and application represent you accurately. We will be going through them in great detail and they are likely to play a central role in your interview, should you be shortlisted for it. It may also be a good idea to get started on your interview preparation at this time. Here are some tips on preparing for the interview.
  • Transition preparation – In the event that you get an offer of admission to ISB in Round 2, you will have limited time to prepare for the transition. So it would be in your best interest to give some thought to the possible transition to a new life and lifestyle, and perhaps discuss the implications with those who are likely to be affected by such a move.
If you have already prepared a strong application and are confident about your profile, get ready for the next phase in the application cycle. If not, you still have time (albeit, limited) to put in the necessary effort to change the course of your life. The next 10 days are crucial and represent the home stretch. Now is the time to give it your all, leave no stone unturned, and make the most compelling statement you possibly can. And if you need any help along the way, do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Applying to ISB PGP 2014-15: Final Words
As Round 2 of the ISB PGP 2014-15 application season draws to a close on November 30, 2013, let me leave all our applicants with some final advice.

First of all, congratulations to those applicants from Round 1 who have received an offer of admission to ISB. I welcome you to the school and wish you the very best for the year ahead! From achieving your learning goals through classroom-based studies, interactions with faculty, applied learning and extracurricular activities, to campus life, international exposure, placement opportunities and finally joining the ISB alumni network, you are now boarding what we like to call the 51-week rollercoaster. So get ready, the year ahead is as challenging as it is exciting!

To those of you who did not receive an offer of admission this year, do not be disheartened. While many applicants do make it to ISB in their first attempt, a good number of admitted candidates every year are reapplicants from previous years who learnt from their application mistakes, worked on their weaknesses, showed great perseverance and built a strong case for why they should be part of the programme. So, if you believe that business education and ISB can help you build a stellar career, there’s nothing to stop you from going after what you want. Get back to the basics, figure out your next steps, work towards your goals and ensure that the coming year is going to be a phenomenal one for you. And when you’re ready, we’d like to meet you again.

Those of you who are applying in Round 2 and are just a few days away from the deadline, you know what you need to do. Give it your all, make no compromises and give yourself the best chance possible. If you missed last week’s post, do take a look at it for some useful tips on submitting your application. You are also advised to start preparing for interviews as early as possible.

To our international applicants: People say a year in B-school changes your life. People say a year in India changes your life. So are you ready to spend a year in a B-school in India? These are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, so don’t be afraid to explore (you can take the first step here). Deadline to change your life through ISB is Jan 15, 2015.

Early Entry Option (EEO) candidates, the value proposition to you is similar – get a head start on building a great career by making use of a very good opportunity available to you right now. You can apply now, impress us with your track record as well as potential, and reserve your seat immediately. Later, when you have gotten sufficient work experience and are most receptive to learning, come join the rest of your class. Your deadline to apply to EEO is January 15, 2014. If you haven’t started your preparation already, now is the time to do so.

Dear readers, this concludes our conversations on this blog about the ISB PGP 2014-15 R1 and R2 application cycles, but you are always welcome to connect with my team and me through our traditional channels, as well as through social media. Whether you are joining the Indian School of Business family immediately, a little later in the future or not at all, I wish you great success in all your endeavours, and I encourage you to always keep learning.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:

great news.... I did not receive any. I have submitted on the last day of deadline. When did you submit.

I haven't received any word yet.. submitted on 30th.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts