Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
venividivici2016 wrote:
UT has some explaining to do re: oversized waitlist, disproportionately low R2 admits, and bizarre timing for issuing wait list offers. Can't help but think I'm not alone in feeling hoodwinked.

When I went in for my interviewed I noticed they were extremely overwhelmed and had accidentally overbooked the number of interviewees for my time slot. It was a clusterfvck.

Honestly, seeing as how all the WL went out literally at the last minute. I can't help but think they said F it, we can't get through all these apps and make final decisions so we're gonna WL all the people we're lukewarm on and buy ourselves some more time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rbsx wrote:
venividivici2016 wrote:
UT has some explaining to do re: oversized waitlist, disproportionately low R2 admits, and bizarre timing for issuing wait list offers. Can't help but think I'm not alone in feeling hoodwinked.

When I went in for my interviewed I noticed they were extremely overwhelmed and had accidentally overbooked the number of interviewees for my time slot. It was a clusterfvck.

Honestly, seeing as how all the WL went out literally at the last minute. I can't help but think they said F it, we can't get through all these apps and make final decisions so we're gonna WL all the people we're lukewarm on and buy ourselves some more time.

My thoughts exactly…it's not malicious, it's incompetence. The redeeming fact? Admissions is a very small part of the program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
venividivici2016 wrote:
rbsx wrote:
venividivici2016 wrote:

My thoughts exactly…it's not malicious, it's incompetence. The redeeming fact? Admissions is a very small part of the program.

You think this train wreck is bad? Walk over to the USC forum and read about their admits this year. By comparison this is nothing.

I love how there are as many people WL for RD2 as there was for all of round one, yet half as many admits.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3119 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Looking at all these waitlists, I'm almost happy I was dinged without an interview in R1.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 774 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Guys, another WL w/o interview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
After getting interviewed at Duke and then dinged, I had lost hope. And today it was a surprise from McCombs.

I got waitlisted w/o interview too!

Also, I have an increased responsibility at work now (handling a new branch officeas its head ) , how do I update the Adcom? Should I send a mail on waitlist email ID?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q35 V41
GPA: 3
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Dinged... Got the MSTC email (as others did earlier today)... "When one door closes, another door opens; but we so often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” -Alexander Graham Bell

Received my decision email many hours later.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
northwesterner wrote:
Dinged... Got the MSTC email (as others did earlier today)... "When one door closes, another door opens; but we so often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” -Alexander Graham Bell

Received my decision email many hours later.

That is low brow
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
injotb wrote:
After getting interviewed at Duke and then dinged, I had lost hope. And today it was a surprise from McCombs.

Also, I have an increased responsibility at work now (handling a new branch officeas its head ) , how do I update the Adcom? Should I send a mail on waitlist email ID?

The watlist letter said to send them an updated resume--" A new resume is considered only if there is a change in company or significant change in job duties due to promotion or similar circumstances."

Also... suggesting us WLers move over to mccombs-ut-austin-2016-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-165105.html?fl=similar
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
MBA4NRG wrote:
injotb wrote:

The watlist letter said to send them an updated resume--" A new resume is considered only if there is a change in company or significant change in job duties due to promotion or similar circumstances."

Also... suggesting us WLers move over to mccombs-ut-austin-2016-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-165105.html?fl=similar

In my updated status letter, there was nothing mentioned about sending them a resume. All it said was that they will get in touch if more information is required regarding my profile.

Where did you get this information on sending them a resume?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Likewise mine mentioned nothing about sending in an updated resume so..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 2.96
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Another waitlist with interview. I am on the waitlist in Tepper and Kenan as well.
Just a query. who is in a better position to get admit? A person on waitlist with interview or the one without one???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi all,

When can we expect the decision for the waitlisted candidates? Is there an expected date or a general trend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
nishanthkadi wrote:
Hi all,

When can we expect the decision for the waitlisted candidates? Is there an expected date or a general trend?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-ut-au ... fl=similar

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
bkhimanshu wrote:
Another waitlist with interview. I am on the waitlist in Tepper and Kenan as well.
Just a query. who is in a better position to get admit? A person on waitlist with interview or the one without one???

The person with an interview since adcom doesn't has to interview him before releasing the decision.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V47
GPA: 3.74
WE:Project Management (Education)
Send PM
Figured I'd ask here since there doesn't seem to be too much activity in the admitted student thread. Does anyone know how much the deposit is at McCombs?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
shapiros wrote:
Figured I'd ask here since there doesn't seem to be too much activity in the admitted student thread. Does anyone know how much the deposit is at McCombs?

$1250
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts