Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:51 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
So the big day has arrived. How many of you are planning to make the payment today? I know I am!!!
Julie146 wrote:
MassApplyer wrote:
Just got my first Acceptance from USC Marshall (Consortium Round 2)! Super excited!!! :-D

Congrat buddy :cool

Also, I've just received interview invitation. It's quite weird since the deadline for R2 notification passed. So excited ^^. Hence for one who hasn't received news, don't lose hope ^^
Btw, could you share your interview experience? how did it come?

Interview was really relaxed. I met with an Adcom member. We went through the resume and just had a discussion about highlights, how USC fits in, why USC, etc. It was a pretty standard MBA interview--nothing to stress about. I do recommend contacting as many student ambassadors as possible to research the school, and then make sure you cite the people you talked to in the interview along with what they said. I think this was the most important aspect--really showing enthusiasm with alot of solid research. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Have any R1 waitlisted candidates heard from the adcom yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
For R3, anybody knows how long does it usually take to hear anything back from the Adcom, like an interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MR2015 wrote:
If you look at the specialty portion of Marshall's profile of the rankings just released, there isn't a ranking below 20. I really do think that the dip in the overall ranking was due to low employment reports, which was caused by Marshall being without a career services director for a year.

Is there a way to see all the USC rankings, i.e. in list form?
I finally got my admissions packet in the mail (Round 2 Consortium). Does anyone (especially from Round 1) know when they send scholarship and financial aid information?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MassApplyer wrote:
I finally got my admissions packet in the mail (Round 2 Consortium). Does anyone (especially from Round 1) know when they send scholarship and financial aid information?

Scholarship/fellowship info is included in the same envelope with your official admission letter. If the envelope only includes the admit letter, you are probably in the same boat I'm in and looking at a full price fare...

Page 9 of this thread:
APEX wrote:
In the "Class of 2015: Ready to Go" section of the binder, under "Financial Aid: General Information" it states that "Fellowship recipients, both domestic and international, are notified of their award with the official letter of admission from Marshall." This is referring to the personalized admissions letter on the watermarked Marshall letterhead that was in an envelope in the shipping box along with the binder.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Schools:UCLA, UCI, UCSD, USC
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Kudos
slugabedd wrote:
APEX wrote:
MR2015 wrote:
If you look at the specialty portion of Marshall's profile of the rankings just released, there isn't a ranking below 20. I really do think that the dip in the overall ranking was due to low employment reports, which was caused by Marshall being without a career services director for a year.

This is true and not something many schools are able to achieve.

I definitely agree with the low employment stats caused by some serious staffing changes being a major factor harming the overall score this year. These changes definitely sound positive and should bring vast improvements to the rankings next year.

I believe this caused a decline last year as well, where the placement record was for worse than this year. However, with an improving economy and a positive trend in MBA hires, the placement had to be better this year. I still do not feel confident and have raised this question to current students as well. Let's see how they respond. :?

[deleted]

Originally posted by TheBrownSlipper on 19 Mar 2013, 18:34.
Last edited by TheBrownSlipper on 24 Mar 2013, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I had interview few hours ago with USC adcom. He told me that they would no longer send email abt admision update and we need to check our online acc on deadline (05April for all R2 candidate). It's quite different from R1 :(. Don't know why?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Julie146 wrote:
I had interview few hours ago with USC adcom. He told me that they would no longer send email abt admision update and we need to check our online acc on deadline (05April for all R2 candidate). It's quite different from R1 :(. Don't know why?

Even for R1 it was same(atleast for me). I did not get any mail reg. change in application status. I had to check it through the admission portal on the deadline date. But within next 2-3 days I received mail from AdCom member(interviewer) congratulating me on my admission.
Not sure about others but this is my story.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
This must be unusual..... I received an interview offer yesterday and I apply R2!!! I am very happy of course, but is it normal at this time of the process? the decision deadline is apr5th...

Someone else in the same situation?

thnks
Does anyone have any suggestions for housing? I have a wife and kid, so I'm prolly looking for a 2/2 apartment thats fairly nice. I don't mind paying, but would love to live as close to on campus as possible. Any advice would be great.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.94
WE:Operations (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
peejay wrote:

I got an email on the day I was waitlisted asking me to complete additional coursework, which I did, and was told that I would be considered again in Round 2. I think this is unusual though. I would definitely recommend staying on their radar though, so if you have any updates like a promotion, volunteer experience, or a class, send 'em an email now. Fingers crossed for you, peejay!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
rena2013 wrote:
peejay wrote:

I got an email on the day I was waitlisted asking me to complete additional coursework, which I did, and was told that I would be considered again in Round 2. I think this is unusual though. I would definitely recommend staying on their radar though, so if you have any updates like a promotion, volunteer experience, or a class, send 'em an email now. Fingers crossed for you, peejay!

Thank you so much, rena2013!

I didn't even get an email to check my application update the day decisions came out. I got to know I was waitlisted only when I logged into the portal. I haven't heard anything from the adcom since, I'm guessing since my waitlist is without an interview.

Please do let me know in case you get any updates from them. And good luck to you as well :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Sustainability
GPA: 2.9
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
peejay wrote:
I didn't even get an email to check my application update the day decisions came out. I got to know I was waitlisted only when I logged into the portal. I haven't heard anything from the adcom since, I'm guessing since my waitlist is without an interview.
I'm a round 1 waitlistee (w/ interview) and the last email I have from USC adcom was confirming my interview in December. I'm hoping something with happen in April, but I have no reason to believe it will. I spoke to a current student that was admitted from the waitlist, and she was admitted TWO WEEKS before school started. So don't give up hope, but also don't sign a new lease in your apartment, I guess...

I'm also considering asking them to take me off the waitlist and transfer my application to the EMBA program before the June 1st deadline...but I don't want to ask any questions before then, because I'm afraid they'll think I'm not as interested in the full-time program and ding me. I can see the upsides to both programs, and really want to go to USC...but I'm not sure the adcom will see it quite like that. Does anybody have any insight into a situation like this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Interviewed with a first year student on campus yesterday. It was pretty informal, he asked me
- Walk me thru ur resume
- Why Marshall
- What do you wanna do after Marshall
- What clubs would you like to join at Marshall
- Tell me a time when you resolved a conflict on the team, if it's resolved at all
- Tell me about a time when you didn't reach your goal
- What motivates you?
- Do you have any questions for me?

Hope this helps R3 folks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Accounting
Send PM
What's the earliest date I can expect to hear from Marshall after an interview last Sat? The conversation itself went in a pretty lovely way but.... Still a nerve-racking process to way... Also should I expect any phone calls? I'm R2 by the way. Good luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts