Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51458 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.06
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51458 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Re: Weatherhead Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi,

I understand that you are a part of the Global MBA class, but wanted to know how are the placements for full time MBA international students at Weatherhead?

abhishek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.06
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
mehrabounr wrote:
Hello, all.
I want to give you some information about one of the MBA courses in case western. I am a current student in case western reserve university in the Weatherhead school of management studying MBA. However, not the full time MBA.
In most forums they all talk about the full-time MBA. Either they don't know that case has another MBA program or they don't have information about it.

Case has another program called GLOBAL MBA which I am a student in this program

2013 was the first year they accepted students for this program. This program is an international course and is pretty unique. They put this program together with 2 other schools from 2 other countries and these 3 share everything of the program Each school brings in a cohort of 20 people and they are responsible for part of the program.
As part of the program you get to experience 3 countries. The first semester you will spend in Shanghai, China at Tongji University which has one of the best management schools in China (Don't worry the entire course is in English)
The next semester you move to Jamshedpour,India and study at XLRI which is like the second best school for management in India.
For the third semester you go to US and study in Cleveland at Case western.
And for the last semester, each cohort (students from each school) go back to their own universities. So if you register at Case you study your last semester in US.
This is the basic information for the course. I started this course in August and this is our first semester and I'm in the inaugural batch so if you need more information about it, details about what is going on in the course, living in 3 different countries, the difficulties and the extra things you get out of this, comparison to the full-time program, just ask. Send me a message or ask your question on the forum. i get back to you in few days and give you a great answer.

Check the program out before deciding between fulltime or global MBA.
* I know the information on the school website is not detailed and you might not see much bout the program but try not to judge it by that information. It is an amazing program and all my classmates and school staff have high hopes for the future of this course and people in it.

Hope to see you in the next year's batch. good luck with your admission

Hi,
Thanks so much for such a detailed feedback about Weatherhead MBA program :-)
Let me know if you want me to add admissions stats for the school...

Seems like a really great MBA program which has started in the recent past.

I hope you are enjoying your MBA experience.

Oh, thank you.
So far it has been an amazing experience. Specially Shanghai has a lot to offer to add to our MBA experience from international fairs, events, workshops, and networking to fun stuff like good scenery, museums, clubs, shopping and a lot of travelling even on a 2 day weekend. of

We are almost at the end of our first semester and exams are coming up. we shall see what India has to offer us in two months.

I don't think there is a lot of information about statistics for this course but I would love to know how our next years batch is doing and what their profiles are.

Don't hesitate to ask your questions about Global MBA course.

---------------------------
For the full time MBA placement, please check the school website or get in touch with current students in the full time through facebook.
My course is different and this is the first year so there is no historical data for it.

If you know about MBA placements, there are a lot of factors involved from your own motivation, profile, GPA, GMAT score, networking, how good you are at finding contacts, etc. So asking for placements in my opinion is useless. It is all up to you and what you do.
However, I can say that case has a good career services staff that will help you from writing your resume, finding your path, interviews, finding job, networking, etc.

Case has a relatively small class size and they treat the students as family and try to help them the best way they can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi,

Can someone please let me know how are the placements at WeatherHead for Full Time MBA, especially for international students??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
mehrabounr wrote:
Hello, all.
I want to give you some information about one of the MBA courses in case western. I am a current student in case western reserve university in the Weatherhead school of management studying MBA. However, not the full time MBA.
In most forums they all talk about the full-time MBA. Either they don't know that case has another MBA program or they don't have information about it.

Case has another program called GLOBAL MBA which I am a student in this program

2013 was the first year they accepted students for this program. This program is an international course and is pretty unique. They put this program together with 2 other schools from 2 other countries and these 3 share everything of the program Each school brings in a cohort of 20 people and they are responsible for part of the program.
As part of the program you get to experience 3 countries. The first semester you will spend in Shanghai, China at Tongji University which has one of the best management schools in China (Don't worry the entire course is in English)
The next semester you move to Jamshedpour,India and study at XLRI which is like the second best school for management in India.
For the third semester you go to US and study in Cleveland at Case western.
And for the last semester, each cohort (students from each school) go back to their own universities. So if you register at Case you study your last semester in US.
This is the basic information for the course. I started this course in August and this is our first semester and I'm in the inaugural batch so if you need more information about it, details about what is going on in the course, living in 3 different countries, the difficulties and the extra things you get out of this, comparison to the full-time program, just ask. Send me a message or ask your question on the forum. i get back to you in few days and give you a great answer.

Check the program out before deciding between fulltime or global MBA.
* I know the information on the school website is not detailed and you might not see much bout the program but try not to judge it by that information. It is an amazing program and all my classmates and school staff have high hopes for the future of this course and people in it.

Hope to see you in the next year's batch. good luck with your admission

Hi,

Thanks a lot for a detailed account of the Case's Global MBA program. I am curious to know that why you enrolled at Weatherhead rather than at Rotman and Desautels. Rotman is ranked quite higher than Weatherhead. I assume you must be at Jamshedpur at this moment. How has been your experience of this program till now?

I read it on the XLRI website that the class will consist of 60 students, 20 from each country. So are Indian nationals eligible to apply to any institute of their choice - Weatherhead or XLRI? What about internship?

Regards
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10020 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Webinar Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/pjoin/531329318/105379349
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
I'm invited to interview. Excited! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 550 Q42 V24
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
admitted with 75% scholarship. anyone else specifically from india who is planning to join
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
roopPreps wrote:
admitted with 75% scholarship. anyone else specifically from india who is planning to join

Hi, I have also receive an admit in second round. Most likely i would join. Any other people on the forum with an admit and planning to join?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
praffulpatel wrote:
roopPreps wrote:

Hi, I have also receive an admit in second round. Most likely i would join. Any other people on the forum with an admit and planning to join?

Hi, I have also received an admit in second round. I am considering it but my only concern is regarding the difficulty in obtaining job or internship opportunities for international students, have you got any such feedback?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 550 Q42 V24
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
fmantriraju wrote:
praffulpatel wrote:
roopPreps wrote:

Hi, I have also received an admit in second round. I am considering it but my only concern is regarding the difficulty in obtaining job or internship opportunities for international students, have you got any such feedback?

i had a word with a few current students as well as pass-outs from the school...from what i have gathered placements are difficult to come by...also internships tend to be predominantly part time with avg salary around $3000 per month.

But then the passouts are mostly working in the US which again proves that jobs are there...its only that one has to put in that extra effort to search for jobs....it wont come easy...

As regards me i am till now undecided about joining...the tution fess are more than catered to because of the scholarships...but i need to arrange my living expenses...What have you guys planned up for ur living expenses ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Has anyone accepted the admission ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
fmantriraju wrote:

Hi,

I have accepted it. Anyone else?
Current Student
Send PM
praffulpatel wrote:
fmantriraju wrote:

Hi,

Couple of days left but I have almost made up my mind.
Current Student
Send PM
eeshan89 wrote:
praffulpatel wrote:
fmantriraju wrote:

Hi,

Couple of days left but I have almost made up my mind.

Accepted the offer. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Has anybody received the interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V35
Send PM
Heay..

Any applicants for the class of 2017 ??
Director
Director
Status:Everyone is a leader. Just stop listening to others.
Own Kudos [?]: 4598 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
GPA: 3.51
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
cabel wrote:
Heay..

Any applicants for the class of 2017 ??

Hi, I got offer with 40% scholarship. They have given me only 10 days to accept this offer by 6th April :(... so less time.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts