Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 18:26 It is currently 22 May 2024, 18:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Phulvir: Khatra
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Re: Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Hi, I was going through the Schulich website and could not find any specific information regarding internships. Can anyone throw some light on this? I am applying for the Full time MBA program - September 2014 entry.
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
siddharthkanjilal wrote:
Hi, I was going through the Schulich website and could not find any specific information regarding internships. Can anyone throw some light on this? I am applying for the Full time MBA program - September 2014 entry.

Hi,

Thanks for writing here.

Can you please let me know exactly what information are you looking for in Internship ? I can share required reports.

Thanks
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
Phulvir wrote:
Hello Versatileschulich........I am confused whether to take campus accomodation or to stay out...can you please give some advice regarding that....??

Hello,

I am sorry for late revert.

The available options in general are

1) At campus - university accommodation
2) At campus - york village
3) Anywhere other than campus

Comparing choices accomodation depends on multiple factors, I would suggest you to get in touch with me over PM, I can share my number and we can chat over https://gmatclub.com/chat

Hope this helps

P.S. : I am staying at the campus - university accomodation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
VersatileSchulich wrote:
siddharthkanjilal wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for writing here.

Can you please let me know exactly what information are you looking for in Internship ? I can share required reports.

Thanks

Thanks for getting in touch.

I want to know:
(I) When do the internships take place and for how long? When does the selection process take place?
(II) People who opt for the 16 month program get the same duration of internship as those who opt for the 20 month program?
(III) All the internships are based in Toronto? Any internship options in other Canadian cities like Vancouver, Montreal etc? US? international?
(IV) Are all internships paid?
(V) Internships are seperate from the Field Study Project?

I also want to enquire that if I know Hindi and English am I eligible for the IMBA? If yes, any difference in the responses for the above questions with respect to IMBA students?
BSchool Moderator
Send PM
siddharthkanjilal wrote:
VersatileSchulich wrote:
siddharthkanjilal wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for writing here.

Thanks

Thanks for getting in touch.

I want to know:
(I) When do the internships take place and for how long? When does the selection process take place?
(II) People who opt for the 16 month program get the same duration of internship as those who opt for the 20 month program?
(III) All the internships are based in Toronto? Any internship options in other Canadian cities like Vancouver, Montreal etc? US? international?
(IV) Are all internships paid?
(V) Internships are seperate from the Field Study Project?

I also want to enquire that if I know Hindi and English am I eligible for the IMBA? If yes, any difference in the responses for the above questions with respect to IMBA students?

Hello,

Sorry for delay in reply.

1) Information sessions (for internship) on campus start in Nov and go uptil Jan end. Internships are for the summer.

2) If you do not take Internship, you can complete your MBA in 16 months. You take 20 months when you do internship.

3) Yes, CDC (career development center) co-ordinates with opportunities across globe (but are primarily focussed on Canada). Internship is meant to gain an exposure in local market, if you want to settle in X country, there is actually no point in doing internship in Y country (personal opinion). There are multiple visa issues as well for international internships, but no one stops you from exploring you the same and you get full support for the same.

4) I have not heard any non paid internship posted by CDC, but quiet a few work on their own network to go for unpaid internship because they might want to gain some local experience.

5) Internships are completely different from Field Study Report.

Hope this helps, please feel free to revert for any more questions

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Have You Met MACC?
True or false – the Schulich’s Master of Accounting (MAcc) program is open to university graduates from ALL academic backgrounds. If you answered TRUE then you are correct. Drama major? Welcome. Psychology major? Welcome. Economics major? Welcome. “Miscellaneous arts & science major”? You’re welcome to apply also! And the cherry of top is you do [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: MF, Your Ideal Match
Profile Summary The Financial Times has named me a must have degree for up and coming finance professionals. I am the right match for you if you’re looking to enter the world of finance or progress within your current role! About Me I am a 12-month full-time program for individuals who are looking to commit [...]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Data Scientists, the Coolest Kids in School
Lately you keep hearing about “data scientists” and “big data”. It’s everywhere – on the news, on TV, on magazine covers. It’s even become the trendiest #hashtags on social media this year. So what is big data? And who are data scientists? Well big data is the term used to describe the quantity and variety [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Why Schulich? – IMBA Student Profile
To give you insight in to the student experience, over the next few weeks, we will be sharing some student perspectives. Current IMBA and MBA students will let you know a little bit about their background and why they choose Schulich for graduate study. Krudo Claudio de Jesús Castillo, Age: 29 Prior studies: B.Eng., MSc. [...]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Upcoming deadline – January 7th, 2014
The holiday season is just around the corner! With so many things on your to do list, we thought it would be a good idea to send an early reminder about the upcoming deadline date for the MBA and IMBA programs. For those targeting Fall 2014 (September entry), January 7th, 2014 is the deadline date. [...]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I recently had a chance to interact with Director- Admissions and Recruitment, Praveen Muruganandan and Imran Kanga at an MBA event in Bangalore. They were very forthcoming in their response; it was a very helpful session. I would really advise it to anyone interested in Schulich MBA program. Please get in touch with forum moderator VersatileSchulich for setting it up.
Hi,

The selection process of Schulich is Rolling. The deadline on the website for fall 2014 MBA 2 years says Jan 7th. Does it mean that very less seats are left for international candidates?

Thanks
Satyajeet
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [6]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos