Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 15 Jul 2019, 13:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

November, 2014 IMBA at IE - Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
IE Thread Master
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
November, 2014 IMBA at IE - Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2014, 18:49
Hello All!

I've seen a couple of threads for the April 2014 intake (that's next month!), so I figured I'd get a new thread rolling for us November 2014 applicants!

You can refer to ongoing discussions by November 2014 applicants here, I've posted on this (generic) thread asking all to switch.
opinions-about-ie-160795.html

I submitted my application and attended an IE Master Class and alumni networking event in Toronto in the past week.

What's the rest of the group up to?
I see a couple of admits already, please share your interview process experience!

Cheers!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Re: November, 2014 IMBA at IE - Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 05:56
laddooh wrote:
Hello All!

I've seen a couple of threads for the April 2014 intake (that's next month!), so I figured I'd get a new thread rolling for us November 2014 applicants!

You can refer to ongoing discussions by November 2014 applicants here, I've posted on this (generic) thread asking all to switch.
opinions-about-ie-160795.html

I submitted my application and attended an IE Master Class and alumni networking event in Toronto in the past week.

What's the rest of the group up to?
I see a couple of admits already, please share your interview process experience!

Cheers!

The interview was pretty standard, with the exception that my interviewer asked several questions about the European financial crisis. I admit that he stumped me pretty well, as most of my knowledge revolves around what happened in the US. I tried to make it a net positive, though, by pointing out that that was one way that I would benefit from studying in Europe.
IE Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2014, 10:08
thefinancelady wrote:
The interview was pretty standard, with the exception that my interviewer asked several questions about the European financial crisis. I admit that he stumped me pretty well, as most of my knowledge revolves around what happened in the US. I tried to make it a net positive, though, by pointing out that that was one way that I would benefit from studying in Europe.

Thank you for that pointer, I sure need to brush up on the European financial crisis myself!
Just received an interview notification today, they're yet to schedule a date.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2014, 08:02
I'll be attending the Nov 14' intake. I'll be finishing up work in the mid-summer and then I plan to travel around SE and East Asia for a while before heading to Spain. I'm not sure on the schedule yet, but I guess I'll arrive there in early November since I won't need the intensive Spanish. I'm incredibly excited to spend a year at this top notch program. Entrepreneurship is something I'm interested in in the long run, and from all appearances it doesn't look like it gets much better than at IE.

As far as the interview goes there is no magic bullet we can give you. With that said, you should try to emphasize a few things. IE is big on fit. Diversity (background, experiences, etc.) is important to them. Their MBA has a lot of team collaboration, so they look for applicants who know how to work well with others, lead others, etc. You should be prepared to give clear reasons why you want an MBA, why from IE specifically, why now, and how you can benefit from, and bring benefits to IE and your teammates in your student groups. They will probably ask you some business questions related to your background, or where you want to go.

It's important that you have clear answers to these questions. However, don't lie or try to create a story that you think they will be impressed by. Stick to your motivations and show how IE can help you get there. And again, it's always good if you can demonstrate not just how IE can help you, but how you can benefit the program, too. If you're able to present these things clearly throughout your entire application you'll do well. It's a good sign that they're interviewing you. That means they're at least intrigued to learn more about you.

Best of luck to you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2014, 08:07
Finacelady,

Have you decided if you'll be matriculating at IE?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2014, 11:14
Viator wrote:
Finacelady,

Still considering my options. I'm also still waiting for decisions from a couple of schools. I really like the IE curriculum, I'm just concerned about the condensed length of the program, and about getting a job in the US post-MBA. Why did you decide on IE?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2014, 11:35
thefinancelady wrote:
Viator wrote:
Finacelady,

Still considering my options. I'm also still waiting for decisions from a couple of schools. I really like the IE curriculum, I'm just concerned about the condensed length of the program, and about getting a job in the US post-MBA. Why did you decide on IE?

The condensed length of the program was one of the features I really liked. I was also looking for a school outside of the U.S. I am an American, but I haven't lived in the States for roughly 5 years, and I'm hoping to find a job outside of the States (Asia hopefully) post-graduation. I considered some U.S. schools, but ultimately I only applied to schools in Asia and Europe, as I want to stay international. I really prefer being around a diverse group of people, and at the American schools you just don't get that much. IE being a leader in entrepreneurship was another key factor, too. I'm not sure if I'll try to start a business straight away after graduation, but it's a goal of mine somewhere down the line. Lastly, Latin America and the Middle East (both are areas they place well in) are also areas I'm interested in possibly working.
IE Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2014, 08:44
Viator wrote:
I'll be attending the Nov 14' intake. I'll be finishing up work in the mid-summer and then I plan to travel around SE and East Asia for a while before heading to Spain. I'm not sure on the schedule yet, but I guess I'll arrive there in early November since I won't need the intensive Spanish. I'm incredibly excited to spend a year at this top notch program. Entrepreneurship is something I'm interested in in the long run, and from all appearances it doesn't look like it gets much better than at IE.

As far as the interview goes there is no magic bullet we can give you. With that said, you should try to emphasize a few things. IE is big on fit. Diversity (background, experiences, etc.) is important to them. Their MBA has a lot of team collaboration, so they look for applicants who know how to work well with others, lead others, etc. You should be prepared to give clear reasons why you want an MBA, why from IE specifically, why now, and how you can benefit from, and bring benefits to IE and your teammates in your student groups. They will probably ask you some business questions related to your background, or where you want to go.

It's important that you have clear answers to these questions. However, don't lie or try to create a story that you think they will be impressed by. Stick to your motivations and show how IE can help you get there. And again, it's always good if you can demonstrate not just how IE can help you, but how you can benefit the program, too. If you're able to present these things clearly throughout your entire application you'll do well. It's a good sign that they're interviewing you. That means they're at least intrigued to learn more about you.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Viator!
My interview is scheduled for a week from now - will let you know how it goes.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2014, 15:05
Just received an admit for the November intake. I am from India.

Posted from my mobile device
IE Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2014, 17:30
linjohn wrote:
Just received an admit for the November intake. I am from India.

Posted from my mobile device

Congratulations, linjohn!
Please share details about yourself, and your interview experience.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2014, 01:18
I have my interview in about two weeks. Any suggestions regarding the interview?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2014, 20:33
Question for those who have interviewed already - how long after your interview did the IE get back to you with an admission decision? I interviewed a week ago, but have an offer from another school that expires at the end of March, which is before the 4-6 week guideline my IE interviewer gave me for the decision. Did anyone receive a decision sooner than that? IE is my first choice, but I can't risk declining the other school before hearing back from IE. Feeling a little stuck.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2014, 06:23
tmd8on wrote:
Question for those who have interviewed already - how long after your interview did the IE get back to you with an admission decision? I interviewed a week ago, but have an offer from another school that expires at the end of March, which is before the 4-6 week guideline my IE interviewer gave me for the decision. Did anyone receive a decision sooner than that? IE is my first choice, but I can't risk declining the other school before hearing back from IE. Feeling a little stuck.

My interviewer said 4-6 weeks but I received the decision exactly 2 weeks after the interview.

What school did you get an admit from? Maybe you can ask for an extension by using the excuse "I'm still trying to secure funding".
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2014, 07:55
Assman wrote:
tmd8on wrote:

My interviewer said 4-6 weeks but I received the decision exactly 2 weeks after the interview.

What school did you get an admit from? Maybe you can ask for an extension by using the excuse "I'm still trying to secure funding".

Thanks for the feedback. It definitely provides some reassurance.

I received an admit from Bocconi, which I'm thrilled about. But it would definitely lead my career down a different path than if I went to IE where I applied for a dual degree.

I took the other approach and emailed the admissions recruiter I had been in touch with asking if she thought IE would consider getting back to me sooner given the situation. I kept the tone positive and interested, and made sure it didn't sound too pushy--I don't think is can hurt. At least I hope it won't. I'll hear back from Kellogg a couple of days before my decision is due, and I've been on Duke's WL for a while now and will obviously go with an admit vs choosing to wait and hope I get in. Plus, the experience of living in Europe is a whole lot more appealing to me than living in NC :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2014, 06:35
tmd8on wrote:
Assman wrote:
tmd8on wrote:

I received an admit from Bocconi, which I'm thrilled about. But it would definitely lead my career down a different path than if I went to IE where I applied for a dual degree.

I took the other approach and emailed the admissions recruiter I had been in touch with asking if she thought IE would consider getting back to me sooner given the situation. I kept the tone positive and interested, and made sure it didn't sound too pushy--I don't think is can hurt. At least I hope it won't. I'll hear back from Kellogg a couple of days before my decision is due, and I've been on Duke's WL for a while now and will obviously go with an admit vs choosing to wait and hope I get in. Plus, the experience of living in Europe is a whole lot more appealing to me than living in NC :)

Hey! I live in NC and it's a fantastic place to live. The weather is amazing, the people are friendly and open, there are mountains AND beaches. I don't think you could do much better.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2014, 07:11
tmd8on wrote:
Assman wrote:
tmd8on wrote:

Bro...Milan is a hole. I went there with the plan of staying a day or two...left for Rome after 2 hours! Madrid is much nicer and funner, and it's closer to Ibiza :lol:

What dual degree did you apply for?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2014, 07:42
Assman wrote:
tmd8on wrote:
Assman wrote:

Bro...Milan is a hole. I went there with the plan of staying a day or two...left for Rome after 2 hours! Madrid is much nicer and funner, and it's closer to Ibiza :lol:

What dual degree did you apply for?

The IMBA + Masters in Market Research & Consumer Behavior. It's pretty new, but lines up perfectly with my career goals. Oh, and I just got my acceptance email from IE 5 mins ago, so Madrid it is. Will I see you there?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2014, 04:25
Yo! Congrats on your admit...would you still accept IE if you got into Kellogg?

I'll be there in Nov...if I can find a way to pay for it! And right now...I don't see how I will. Might have to start hustling!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2014, 14:44
Hi,

I am also attending IE this upcoming November. Looking froward to meeting you all.

I am Chinese descent living in Chicago, IL. :D
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE Nov'15

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2014, 19:00
We Will see you all on noviembre!
From chile
GMAT Club Bot
Re: November, 2014 IMBA at IE - Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2014, 19:00

Go to page    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 80 posts ] 

November, 2014 IMBA at IE - Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status