Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 17 Jul 2019, 15:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Finding the right fit – Women in Business  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2014, 08:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Finding the right fit – Women in Business
Deciding to pursue my MBA at the Schulich School of Business was one of the most difficult decisions I’ve made. I wanted to be sure I had found the right “fit” and that as a female without a business background, I’d be able to manage in the program. My first year at Schulich however, has [...]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Horror Stories Sometimes Make the Best Memories  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2014, 11:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Horror Stories Sometimes Make the Best Memories
Horror stories of sleepless nights burning the midnight oil to meet project deadlines surround most MBA programs. Yet to Neeta Patel, Chief Executive of the New Entrepreneurs Foundation, these nights made for some of her favourite memories of business school. Coming from a career in private equity, Neeta chose to do an MBA to cultivate [...]
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
MBA – More Than Just a Three-Letter Degree  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2014, 09:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: MBA – More Than Just a Three-Letter Degree
“Keeping an open mind, taking initiative no matter what the challenge, and having an exceptional work ethic are my keys to success in the MBA” – Alisa Trunova, MBA Candidate, Class of 2015. To Alisa Trunova, pursing a graduate degree is more than just adding three letters to the end of her name. It’s her [...]
Intern
Intern
Only One Week Left to Register!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2014, 13:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Only One Week Left to Register!
The Schulich Women in Busienss event is quickly approaching, and with only a week to go, the excitement is building around the office. To date, nearly 200 women have registered to attend what is sure to be a fantastic evening of networking, learning and laughter – an evening you don’t want to miss. We’ve got [...]
Intern
Intern
Networking Your Way to Success  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 08:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Networking Your Way to Success
Looking back on her experience, Carolyn Burns, a Community Relations Analyst at Barrick Gold Corporation, feels the MBA taught her some of the most useful skills for her day-to-day job, and helped her develop a network of connections that she will carry with her throughout her career. While at Schulich, Carolyn began her job search [...]
BSchool Thread Master
Re: Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jun 2014, 08:51
Hi,

I have been receiving many PMs requesting information if we are answering their question or not. This is to update that we are available to answer any of your queries.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Why Choose, When You Can Have Both?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2014, 13:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Why Choose, When You Can Have Both?
When deciding to pursue an MBA, it is common to worry about whether giving up your job (and hence, your income) is the best choice at this point in your career. With the Schulich MBA, there’s no need to worry.  Schulich offers a part-time MBA program that provides students with the flexibility to maximize both [...]
Intern
Intern
Break the Boring – Tryfit Today!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2014, 08:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Break the Boring – Tryfit Today!
Amidst our hectic lives exercising can sometimes feel like a chore – especially when you begin a graduate degree. We go to the gym, do the same exercises and work out independently week after week. After being coaxed into joining a group fitness class, Jake Stief, MBA Candidate at the Schulich School of Business quickly [...]
Intern
Intern
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2014, 19:24
Hey guys, I am trying to calculate my GPA. On the Schulich website, the requirements are the following:

"An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least a B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work."

"The admissions committee will calculate your GPA based on the last degree that you completed. A full year course will be given a value of two and a half year courses. The last 20 half courses will be assessed."

If I took more than 20 courses in my last 2 years, do they take my best 20?
Also, does that mean a full year course counts as 2.5 half courses out of the 20?
Intern
Intern
Flexibility – For Times When Things Don’t Go According to Pl  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2014, 11:00
FROM Schulich(York) Admissions Blog: Flexibility – For Times When Things Don’t Go According to Plan
Salman Saeed’s plan: Move his family to Canada to join the rest of his extended family, get a local MBA from a top ranked Canadian school and enter the Canadian workforce. After starting his MBA at Schulich in Fall 2013, everything seemed to be going according to plan, until one unexpected opportunity threw a twist [...]
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Schulich '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
GPA: 3.11
WE: Marketing (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 11:38
Hi Guys!

I've been admitted to the Winter 2015 MBA, starting January 2015.

Was wondering if you guys could throw some light and share your experiences as well. Also it would be great to know if anyone else is joining the same intake.

Thanks!
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2014, 07:23
ritwickg wrote:
Hi Guys!

I've been admitted to the Winter 2015 MBA, starting January 2015.

Was wondering if you guys could throw some light and share your experiences as well. Also it would be great to know if anyone else is joining the same intake.

Thanks!

Thanks, please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Cheers
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2014, 10:52
Hello Guys,

Got admit for January 2015 Entry.

Anyone else joining the program.

Regards,
Uday
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 09:13
harshkeswani wrote:
Got admission in MBA in India Program

How much time do you get before u give your deposit and confirm your availability for the program after you get the admission notification??
Manager
Manager
Schools: NTU '16
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V27

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 09:38
Hi

Do we have any advantage for early deadline(Jan 7th) over final deadline (Feb 28) in terms of selection criteria and scholarships?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Schulich
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2015, 23:16
Hey guys, I am trying to calculate my GPA. On the Schulich website, the requirements are the following:

"An undergraduate degree from a recognized university with at least a B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work."

"The admissions committee will calculate your GPA based on the last degree that you completed. A full year course will be given a value of two and a half year courses. The last 20 half courses will be assessed."

If I took more than 20 courses in my last 2 years, do they take my best 20?
Also, does that mean a full year course counts as 2.5 half courses out of the 20?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 01:36
Hi VersatileSchulich,

I'm planning to apply to MBA in India program. My profile:
GMAT:700
TOEFL:102
Exp: 3+(2+ years in Infosys + 6 months started my venture+ 7 months till date working in family businuess(trading))
UG: B.Tech(ECE) from Rajasthan Technical University(72.88%)- passed with honours
X- 84.4%
XII- 80.0%
Extracurricular - Good.

Can you please tell me what are my chances as it is too late to apply now and very few seats will be vacant.

Waiting for quick reply. Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2015, 06:38
Hi,
VersatileSchulich

Have just joined GMATClub and Schulich is on my list of colleges to apply . My profile is below:

GMAT: Will take in Dec 2015.
Background: Hotel Management and then MBA in Marketing.
Work ex: Approx 5.5 years, in Sales
Acad: 1st class
Extracurricular activities: Very Good

I have a few questions and it would be very helpful if you can throw some light on them:

With whatever profile you have seen above, do you think Schulich would be interested in me, given i can get a 660-700 in GMAT?

I am appearing for GMAT in Dec and will make it for the 7th Jan 2016, early cut off. What are the chances of scholarship? Do they sorely depend on essays and Score or are there any other deciding factor?

Employment wise, how would you rate Schulich (given my profile) ?

What other schools would you suggest I look at, in Canada?

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2015, 15:24
Hi VersatileSchulich,
I really love the MAcc of Schulich, but I just got a 620 GMAT (I know it terrible).
My GPA is around 3.2 (maybe higher or lower, in my country they did not use the GPA)
I dont have any work experience.
Will I have any chance to be admitted?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 10:15
Does schulich has video essasy? Because in process it is mentioned. But in application there are only three written essays mentioned.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 09 Jan 2016, 10:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 162 posts ] 

Schulich (York) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc