Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Analyst (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
dare2differ wrote:
Hi Owen rep ..can you verify if all the interview invites have been sent out for Round-2?
I submitted my app on Jan 8; have not heard back yet.

I mailed them regarding this 3 days back. No reply. Looks like they are preparing real hard for discover weekend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Possible. But now its over. Let's hope we hear from them this week. Btw i am not able to see the resumé, essays etc. in my application preview. Is it the same with you? Just want to ensure that my attachments were submitted.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dare2differ wrote:
Possible. But now its over. Let's hope we hear from them this week. Btw i am not able to see the resumé, essays etc. in my application preview. Is it the same with you? Just want to ensure that my attachments were submitted.

Of all the documents that I have uploaded, I can only see transcripts in the proof. There is nothing to worry, as they would have informed you if you had any pending documents. Also, getting real impatient for the invites. The fact that few applicants have already received invites troubles me even more, lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ThePot wrote:
dare2differ wrote:

Of all the documents that I have uploaded, I can only see transcripts in the proof. There is nothing to worry, as they would have informed you if you had any pending documents. Also, getting real impatient for the invites. The fact that few applicants have already received invites troubles me even more, lol.

True that. We are in the same boat. :) ..every mail that contains the word Owen makes my heart go - Oh! May be! :twisted: followed by :oops:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt social entrepreneurs to compete for $1M prize
A team of Vanderbilt students will compete in the regional finals of the sixth annual Hult Prize Challenge, which has a prize of $1 million in start-up funding for a social enterprise project.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I got this email today - did everyone else? My application should have been complete several weeks ago, so I was a bit surprised.

Your application is complete.

Thank you for submitting all documentation to complete your application. We are currently in the process of reviewing all applications submitted during this round and we will communicate your decision on our published decision date.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q164 V162
GPA: 3.13
Send PM

spp1188 wrote:
I got this email today - did everyone else? My application should have been complete several weeks ago, so I was a bit surprised.

Your application is complete.

Thank you for submitting all documentation to complete your application. We are currently in the process of reviewing all applications submitted during this round and we will communicate your decision on our published decision date.

Haven't gotten that one yet. I got another one, though, saying, "We have successfully received your letter of recommendation from XYZ to Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Management." But, this rec was submitted the day of the application, so I think that they are starting to put the files together for review, at least those that have not yet been reviewed. Fear not, friends :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So I sent them an email regarding why my application is still on 'Submitted' and not 'complete' or 'under review'. Also can I expect an invitation anymore? Here is their reply :-

Quote:
Thank you for your message.

Applications show as being "Submitted" throughout the reviewing process. Your application status page will be updated with further information by the decision release date of March 13th. An evaluative interview is required before an offer of admission can be extended, but not all applicants may be interviewed. Should an interview be necessary, we will communicate with you regarding the steps for setting that up.

We appreciate your patience throughout the review process and are always to help with any questions or concerns you may have.

Somehow, it doesn't sound reassuring, at all. :(

Do you guys think that there is still chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
ThePot wrote:
So I sent them an email regarding why my application is still on 'Submitted' and not 'complete' or 'under review'. Also can I expect an invitation anymore? Here is their reply :-

Quote:
Thank you for your message.

Applications show as being "Submitted" throughout the reviewing process. Your application status page will be updated with further information by the decision release date of March 13th. An evaluative interview is required before an offer of admission can be extended, but not all applicants may be interviewed. Should an interview be necessary, we will communicate with you regarding the steps for setting that up.

We appreciate your patience throughout the review process and are always to help with any questions or concerns you may have.

Somehow, it doesn't sound reassuring, at all. :(

Do you guys think that there is still chance?

My status still says "submitted," but I received an email about two weeks after submitting that my application was complete. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I'm sure they're bogged down with reviewing applications. Either way, we'll know for sure in just under a month!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, a bit off topic. But if any of your friends are preparing for GMAT, here is a chance to win the prep course for free:
want-an-unused-top-gmat-preparation-course-for-free-get-it-here-193333.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Just had my interview with the Admissions team. Conducting interviews in the midst of storm warning is something unprecedented and shows the commitment of team. Though it wasn't my top choice school but lately speaking to students and seeing the career opportunity in my area of interest has made me change my mind.
Coming back to interview - It was very conversational. Starting with my career path and following up with Why MBA, Why Owen, How would I contribute, Constructive feedback and whom did I talk to? It was super cool and super fun. Keeping my fingers crossed. All the best to everyone !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
pratikgupta wrote:
Just had my interview with the Admissions team. Conducting interviews in the midst of storm warning is something unprecedented and shows the commitment of team. Though it wasn't my top choice school but lately speaking to students and seeing the career opportunity in my area of interest has made me change my mind.
Coming back to interview - It was very conversational. Starting with my career path and following up with Why MBA, Why Owen, How would I contribute, Constructive feedback and whom did I talk to? It was super cool and super fun. Keeping my fingers crossed. All the best to everyone !!

I just had my interview, as well. I agree with everything you said. It definitely made me feel more excited about the school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Will we hear about our admission decisions on 13th March or can we get to know before that?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
teleste. Anyone else. Please tell whether we will hear about our admission decisions on 13th March(decision date mentioned on the site) or we will get to know about it before?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
abdullahqureshi wrote:
teleste. Anyone else. Please tell whether we will hear about our admission decisions on 13th March(decision date mentioned on the site) or we will get to know about it before?

The school's official policy is that all decisions will be released on March 13th. However, on my visit, the counselors alluded to potentially releasing decision dates earlier than this. No real clarity was provided on when that may happen.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
abdullahqureshi wrote:

The offers all go out on that date. If you have another offer from another school that has a deadline they will work with you but other than that you have to wait.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I just had my interview last week with Tami Fassinger. It was an amazing experience. Everybody was very friendly and very open. Even the other candidates interviewing were also very friendly. I say that because I have had the opportunity of interviewing at McCombs which also emphasizes on collaboration but the people over there appeared reserved. My personal thanks to thisisatestonlyatest for sharing a wealth of information about the program on this forum.

As far as the interview questions go ; here is what I was asked and I hope it will help you prepare better:

1. Why Vanderbilt Owen
2. My Goals
3. Weakness
4. Strengths / What do you bring to the community
5. Why MBA
6. Working with Others
7. A 2 minute pitch
8. Questions

Throughout the interview there was a lot of feedback and discussion on some of the points that I made in my answers. Nothing negative but rather discussing deeper how the school offers what I am looking for and how I could leverage the opportunities at the school to achieve those. I make this point because its very important to not lose your chain of thought if it happens and be ready to get off your answer and get back into the groove to answer where you let off.

Be yourself and you will leave happy. Fingers crossed! The culture at Owen really impressed me.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts