Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.43
WE:Account Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
minion wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
minion wrote:
Does anyone has any idea about schulich's MBA in India program? pros n cons and post MBA job scenario both in India and Canada?

Have not done an in-depth analysis, but here is what I know, and so please take it with a pinch of salt.

Pros:
Fee - If you choose the India program, you automatically get a 10K CAD scholarship for year 1. If you manage to maintain a certain grade in year 1, the scholarship gets renewed for year 2.
Living costs will come down by atleast 10K CAD.
Same faculty fly in from Canada to lecture, so no compromise on the quality of education.

Cons:
Networking might be a wee bit of a problem as you are in India and it might affect the chances of internship (won't be a problem if you are smart).
Class would be all Indians, and so you loose out on the international experience in the first year.

A good friend of mine graduated from the program two years ago (it used to be run from the SP Jain campus in Mumbai) and he is currently working with CIBC in Toronto, Canada.

I guess no major setback then. Specially when quality of education is same. Does the degree specifically mentions MBA in India program or what?

No minor setback, I would say. As for me, an international exposure with a diverse cohort and different internship would matter the most. Also, when I met satyameet ahuja, who is the associate director of the Mba in India, he said that last year a student from the India Mba program got a package with Amazon for $145000. The faculty and students were stunned. Maybe it was a one-off case, but Amazon surely didn't see it as any different from the Canada program.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
Have not done an in-depth analysis, but here is what I know, and so please take it with a pinch of salt.

Pros:
Fee - If you choose the India program, you automatically get a 10K CAD scholarship for year 1. If you manage to maintain a certain grade in year 1, the scholarship gets renewed for year 2.
Same faculty fly in from Canada to lecture, so no compromise on the quality of education.

Cons:
Networking might be a wee bit of a problem as you are in India and it might affect the chances of internship (won't be a problem if you are smart).
Class would be all Indians, and so you loose out on the international experience in the first year.

A good friend of mine graduated from the program two years ago (it used to be run from the SP Jain campus in Mumbai) and he is currently working with CIBC in Toronto, Canada.[/quote]

I guess no major setback then. Specially when quality of education is same. Does the degree specifically mentions MBA in India program or what?[/quote]
No minor setback, I would say. As for me, an international exposure with a diverse cohort and different internship would matter the most. Also, when I met satyameet ahuja, who is the associate director of the Mba in India, he said that last year a student from the India Mba program got a package with Amazon for $145000. The faculty and students were stunned. Maybe it was a one-off case, but Amazon surely didn't see it as any different from the Canada program.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes what u r saying is right, thats why when I was asked in interview if given MBA program in India what would be my take? I told him the same thing. My first preference would be Keele campus but yes depending upon other options I receive I would seriously consider it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have my interview in less than an hour. Very anxious but also a tad bit nervous. Let's see how things pan out. I have personally met and had a long discussion with Satyameet Ahuja at the ICBC fair in Mumbai in December 2015. He was very good in answering my queries and convinced me about the school, in general. I haven't been able to connect with any alumni but have has most of my questions answered from Satyameet and this forum (thanks to your guys :-D )
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
minion wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
minion wrote:
Does anyone has any idea about schulich's MBA in India program? pros n cons and post MBA job scenario both in India and Canada?

Pros:

Cons:

A good friend of mine graduated from the program two years ago (it used to be run from the SP Jain campus in Mumbai) and he is currently working with CIBC in Toronto, Canada.

I guess no major setback then. Specially when quality of education is same. Does the degree specifically mentions MBA in India program or what?

The degree does not mention anything of that sort mate. Degree would be the same.
https://www.gyanone.com/blog/schulich-sc ... admission/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ok so my interview with schulich went really well. Imran is a very nice chap and explained a lot of things very elaborately. The interview was quite conversational and the questions I had were around my experience and academics. Some of them the usual 'why Mba at this stage of your career', 'what brings you to schulich', etc, and some more specific stuff about my resume. Interview last around 25-30 minutes but was very informal. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
I was interviewed a few hours back. It appeared okay until Mr. Imran asked me about Toronto Vs Hyd campus. I replied with my preference as Toronto.
I do not know, if this was as if they want to admit me for Hyd campus. Any pointer here guys??

Anyway I am hoping for the best. lets see.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Same here.. Even I interviewed today and that was the last question he asked me. He specified how there were over 100 applicants from India for Toronto, so they needed to check. I specifically said that I would prefer the Toronto campus and justified it with the fact that I want as much International experience as possible.. And he seemed convinced and replied with a 'fair enough'.
So as long as u were confident about ur answer I don't think you shud worry.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mrinalinikulkarni14 wrote:
Same here.. Even I interviewed today and that was the last question he asked me. He specified how there were over 100 applicants from India for Toronto, so they needed to check. I specifically said that I would prefer the Toronto campus and justified it with the fact that I want as much International experience as possible.. And he seemed convinced and replied with a 'fair enough'.
So as long as u were confident about ur answer I don't think you shud worry.

What did he say about the decision date?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Within a few days.. Sometime next week.. What did he tell you?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Within a few days.. Sometime next week.. What did he tell you?

He said that probly by the end of this week. I hope we both get admit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wish u all the best..

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Wish u all the best..

Thanks and good luck to you as well.

would you mind sharing your profile.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
siinamits wrote:
Wish u all the best..

Thanks and good luck to you as well.

would you mind sharing your profile.

Hey guys, even I gave the interview with Imran Kanga yesterday. Yes, he even asked me the question why I've chosen Toronto and not Hyderabad. I think I listed the pros and cons and it was quite convincing (at least to me, if I were the interviewer ). So don't worry about that, since it's just a routine question being asked to most applicants. Yes, he told me the decision would be given within this week. Hope we can connect if we all get through and opt for the admission. Do keep posting any updates here. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G7102
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
minion wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
minion wrote:

Pros:

Cons:

I would add one more point here. Yes, it's true that the faculties fly down to India but they get to stay for a few weeks - may be two or three weeks, so it's going to be more like a crash course and I doubt the lecture would cover minute lessons. You will also be expected to finish everything in weeks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Good Morning

I am Amith. I submitted my application within the Round 01 deadline
Here is my profile.
11 years of experience - Technology
9 years at Intel
Running a division in a small company
GMAT Score 720 ( Q49 V39 )

I was invited for an interview on 29th February and I was interviewed minutes ago by Imran.
I submitted my application with a GMAT score of 690 but I took the test again on 26th February.

The interview was as described by some of the members in this thread. Final words from Imran was that I have a very strong application and I should be hearing from them soon.

Keeping my fingers ( & toes ) crossed !!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got my offer to MAcc at Schulich (May 2016 intake), but I was wondering if I am eligible to get some transfer credits from my undergraduate studies as I have taken some of the courses offered in the first two terms, which is the Diploma in Intermediate Accounting. I emailed the admission office, but no reply yet. Anybody in the same situation? I am really worried about the high tuition.. : (
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Amith11 wrote:
Good Morning

I am Amith. I submitted my application within the Round 01 deadline
Here is my profile.
11 years of experience - Technology
9 years at Intel
Running a division in a small company
GMAT Score 720 ( Q49 V39 )

I was invited for an interview on 29th February and I was interviewed minutes ago by Imran.
I submitted my application with a GMAT score of 690 but I took the test again on 26th February.

The interview was as described by some of the members in this thread. Final words from Imran was that I have a very strong application and I should be hearing from them soon.

Keeping my fingers ( & toes ) crossed !!!

Amith,

As it sounds , i believe you will be hearing from him in two days but keep track of junk folder.

All d best, hope to see you in COHORT.

Praveen
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts