GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 18:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Posts: 35
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 09:06
Praveengeol wrote:
enywmara wrote:
Just finished my Video Interview. A big thank you to Praveengeol and shyamnambiar . And a very very special thank you to mpehch . Without you guys I would have never mustered the courage to apply. I will not have any regrets if I fail to get in. This is the first ever high ranked university I have applied to and pretty much that was my goal. I hope that you guys have the best of times at your MBA's.

Thanks
enywmara


Wait and watch, keep a track on your junk email folder. All schulich mails land up in Junk, dunno why.


I mailed them regarding my application status and I have been waiting for last 4 days for their response
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 11
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 22:25
Got Accepted!! :-D Do we have any whatsapp or facebook group?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Posts: 35
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 01:39
rajatgoyalnitk wrote:
Got Accepted!! :-D Do we have any whatsapp or facebook group?


Congratulation!!! May I know your profile and when did you apply and received interview invite??
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 11
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 10:07
minion wrote:
rajatgoyalnitk wrote:
Got Accepted!! :-D Do we have any whatsapp or facebook group?


Congratulation!!! May I know your profile and when did you apply and received interview invite??


Software Engineer, 2 Yrs of experience, from India
Applied Jan 6
Interview Invite Jan 23
Interview Feb 2
Decision Feb 9
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: Schulich Sept"18
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 08:39
Guys,
I have submitted my application yesterday and got the Video Essay email few minutes afterward. Any pieces of advice regarding the Video essay will be highly appreciated.

My profile:
8 Yrs. Accounting experience.
CFA L2 Candidate
Egyptian (Canada Permanent Resident)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 63
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 09:00
Smart2btrue2 wrote:
Guys,
I have submitted my application yesterday and got the Video Essay email few minutes afterward. Any pieces of advice regarding the Video essay will be highly appreciated.

My profile:
8 Yrs. Accounting experience.
CFA L2 Candidate
Egyptian (Canada Permanent Resident)



Just be yourself because the question they ask is just behavioural and day to day life question.

Praveen
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 10:36
I have not been able to convince myself, and so guess I am not going to be heading to Schulich.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Concentration: Finance, Finance
Schools: Schulich Sept"18
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 14:23
I'm done with the video essay, it's a very bad experience for me. I did very bad too.. Loool
No way they will accept me..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.79
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 22:09
VijayG6387 wrote:
I have not been able to convince myself, and so guess I am not going to be heading to Schulich.



where are you going then???
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 03:08
Smart2btrue2 wrote:
I'm done with the video essay, it's a very bad experience for me. I did very bad too.. Loool
No way they will accept me..


I thought exactly the same after I completed mine. It turned out to be alright. Don't lose hope. All the very best.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 03:09
supr5988 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
I have not been able to convince myself, and so guess I am not going to be heading to Schulich.



where are you going then???


Haven't decided yet. For now Sauder. Might change after McGill & Queens results.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 23:20
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have been invited to interview by the Associate Director based in Hyderabad Campus. I know it should not be much of a question but I am worried if this means I am being considered for Hyderabad Campus. Has anyone been interviewed by an Indian?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 23:24
Hi Vijay,

Can you share some feedback about Laurier MBA program? As I read some where in your post that you are planning to applied @ Laurier as safe school.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 23:58
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have been invited to interview by the Associate Director based in Hyderabad Campus. I know it should not be much of a question but I am worried if this means I am being considered for Hyderabad Campus. Has anyone been interviewed by an Indian?


I don't think it works that way mate. I think it is more of a load sharing measure. I was interviewed by Imran Kanga from Canada, but when I met him here in India as part of a fair he told me that the interview will be done either by him or Satyameet Ahuja. In fact, I did request that I be interviewed in person by Satyameet as I preferred it over a skype call. We couldn't arrange for it due to their schedules. But, there is no harm in asking Satyameet this during your interview. He's a very nice chap and it should be alright. Hope that is of some help. All the very best.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 00:04
VijayG6387 wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have been invited to interview by the Associate Director based in Hyderabad Campus. I know it should not be much of a question but I am worried if this means I am being considered for Hyderabad Campus. Has anyone been interviewed by an Indian?


I don't think it works that way mate. I think it is more of a load sharing measure. I was interviewed by Imran Kanga from Canada, but when I met him here in India as part of a fair he told me that the interview will be done either by him or Satyameet Ahuja. In fact, I did request that I be interviewed in person by Satyameet as I preferred it over a skype call. We couldn't arrange for it due to their schedules. But, there is no harm in asking Satyameet this during your interview. He's a very nice chap and it should be alright. Hope that is of some help. All the very best.


Thank you dude.
Btw were the interview questions very standard? Like why Schulich, why MBA and why now, go through your resume.
Were there any out of the Box Questions? I had this question once "How many gas-stations are there in my hometown?" It was an interesting question to tackle with though.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 00:10
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

I don't think it works that way mate. I think it is more of a load sharing measure. I was interviewed by Imran Kanga from Canada, but when I met him here in India as part of a fair he told me that the interview will be done either by him or Satyameet Ahuja. In fact, I did request that I be interviewed in person by Satyameet as I preferred it over a skype call. We couldn't arrange for it due to their schedules. But, there is no harm in asking Satyameet this during your interview. He's a very nice chap and it should be alright. Hope that is of some help. All the very best.


Thank you dude.
Btw were the interview questions very standard? Like why Schulich, why MBA and why now, go through your resume.
Were there any out of the Box Questions? I had this question once "How many gas-stations are there in my hometown?" It was an interesting question to tackle with though.



To be very honest, my interview was very short (roughly 10 mins) and I only got asked why MBA. I had met Imran earlier and he remembered me well. So there was not much to talk about as we had the connect established. I'd say they would be pretty standard questions from what I read in this thread earlier. So you should pretty much be okay. Looking at your GMAT, I'd be pretty surprised if you don't get into Schulich. All the very best mate.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 01:08
VijayG6387 wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

I don't think it works that way mate. I think it is more of a load sharing measure. I was interviewed by Imran Kanga from Canada, but when I met him here in India as part of a fair he told me that the interview will be done either by him or Satyameet Ahuja. In fact, I did request that I be interviewed in person by Satyameet as I preferred it over a skype call. We couldn't arrange for it due to their schedules. But, there is no harm in asking Satyameet this during your interview. He's a very nice chap and it should be alright. Hope that is of some help. All the very best.


Thank you dude.
Btw were the interview questions very standard? Like why Schulich, why MBA and why now, go through your resume.
Were there any out of the Box Questions? I had this question once "How many gas-stations are there in my hometown?" It was an interesting question to tackle with though.



To be very honest, my interview was very short (roughly 10 mins) and I only got asked why MBA. I had met Imran earlier and he remembered me well. So there was not much to talk about as we had the connect established. I'd say they would be pretty standard questions from what I read in this thread earlier. So you should pretty much be okay. Looking at your GMAT, I'd be pretty surprised if you don't get into Schulich. All the very best mate.


I would not rely much on my GMAT. :P I had so many times screwed up interviews before. Take for Sauder.
Thanks for your input.
And also all the best with your McGill result. I believe you are waiting for that one.
Thanks a lot dude. :D
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:09
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

To be very honest, my interview was very short (roughly 10 mins) and I only got asked why MBA. I had met Imran earlier and he remembered me well. So there was not much to talk about as we had the connect established. I'd say they would be pretty standard questions from what I read in this thread earlier. So you should pretty much be okay. Looking at your GMAT, I'd be pretty surprised if you don't get into Schulich. All the very best mate.


I would not rely much on my GMAT. :P I had so many times screwed up interviews before. Take for Sauder.
Thanks for your input.
And also all the best with your McGill result. I believe you are waiting for that one.
Thanks a lot dude. :D


Schulich in my opinion weighs GMAT more, so I still think you should be okay. :) and thank you for the wishes, yes I am awaiting McGill.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 63
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 15:21
VijayG6387 wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

To be very honest, my interview was very short (roughly 10 mins) and I only got asked why MBA. I had met Imran earlier and he remembered me well. So there was not much to talk about as we had the connect established. I'd say they would be pretty standard questions from what I read in this thread earlier. So you should pretty much be okay. Looking at your GMAT, I'd be pretty surprised if you don't get into Schulich. All the very best mate.


I would not rely much on my GMAT. :P I had so many times screwed up interviews before. Take for Sauder.
Thanks for your input.
And also all the best with your McGill result. I believe you are waiting for that one.
Thanks a lot dude. :D


Schulich in my opinion weighs GMAT more, so I still think you should be okay. :) and thank you for the wishes, yes I am awaiting McGill.


Vijay,

I feel schulich gives holistic approach more importance. GMAT may be a factor but rest is equally important.

Is there any whatsapp group for Fall 2016 student?

Praveen
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 377
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 06:26
Praveengeol wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Schulich in my opinion weighs GMAT more, so I still think you should be okay. :) and thank you for the wishes, yes I am awaiting McGill.


Vijay,

I feel schulich gives holistic approach more importance. GMAT may be a factor but rest is equally important.

Is there any whatsapp group for Fall 2016 student?

Praveen


Yeah, all schools take a holistic view of the profile. Agreed. It was more to motivate FatBoyFrmInD than to judge Schulich :) and now I realize I should probably have texted him separately. :)
I still think he has a good chance considering his GMAT is on the higher side of the range.
Yes, there is a WhatsApp group for fall 2016 students. Drop nb06 a note and he can add you to the group as he is one of the admins. :)
All the very best to you.

Warm Regards,
Vijay G
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! &nbs [#permalink] 19 Feb 2016, 06:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  16    Next  [ 302 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.