GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 21:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 62
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 07:53
VijayG6387 wrote:
Praveengeol wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Schulich in my opinion weighs GMAT more, so I still think you should be okay. :) and thank you for the wishes, yes I am awaiting McGill.


Vijay,

I feel schulich gives holistic approach more importance. GMAT may be a factor but rest is equally important.

Is there any whatsapp group for Fall 2016 student?

Praveen


Yeah, all schools take a holistic view of the profile. Agreed. It was more to motivate FatBoyFrmInD than to judge Schulich :) and now I realize I should probably have texted him separately. :)
I still think he has a good chance considering his GMAT is on the higher side of the range.
Yes, there is a WhatsApp group for fall 2016 students. Drop nb06 a note and he can add you to the group as he is one of the admins. :)
All the very best to you.

Warm Regards,
Vijay G


Vijay,

Thanks for response. My message was not to demoralise anyone. It was just to share my honest opinion.

Praveen
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Sep 2015
Posts: 3
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 04:48
cma0610 wrote:
siinamits wrote:
cma0610 wrote:
I just had the interview with Mr. Kanga. He was very attentive. I hope to have some good news soon!


When did you apply?


December, 31.


Finally, I got accepted at Schulich!

I received the e-mail on Thursday!

Good luck for all!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2015
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 10:27
Any international applications still waiting for an interview invite? Or do we consider it a ding?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 11:58
yobats wrote:
Any international applications still waiting for an interview invite? Or do we consider it a ding?


Just waiting for news/updates.

App sent Jan 14
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2016, 05:36
I sent them emails last week.

No responses...

App submitted Jan 14...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2015
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 02:21
I got a mail from Schulich yesterday.

"Please note that we have received an incredibly high volume of applications and are in the process of reviewing files and setting up interviews with competitive applicants. If you haven't heard from us yet, please be patient; we will be connecting soon."

Hope this helps all of us who are waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2015
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 02:26
Any idea how Schulich is when it comes to consulting? I spoke to an alumni and she was like it's not for consulting! She was very rude in answering my other questions as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2015
Posts: 35
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 02:53
yobats wrote:
I got a mail from Schulich yesterday.

"Please note that we have received an incredibly high volume of applications and are in the process of reviewing files and setting up interviews with competitive applicants. If you haven't heard from us yet, please be patient; we will be connecting soon."

Hope this helps all of us who are waiting.


Last week I got the similar response mentioning that we will be contacting you relatively soon. Don't know wt it meant.. But haven't heard from them till now
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2015
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 02:54
minion wrote:
yobats wrote:
I got a mail from Schulich yesterday.

"Please note that we have received an incredibly high volume of applications and are in the process of reviewing files and setting up interviews with competitive applicants. If you haven't heard from us yet, please be patient; we will be connecting soon."

Hope this helps all of us who are waiting.


Last week I got the similar response mentioning that we will be contacting you relatively soon. Don't know wt it meant.. But haven't heard from them till now


Fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Alumnus & GSB Prez - ISB Co17
Affiliations: PMI
Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 174
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 06:16
yobats wrote:
Any idea how Schulich is when it comes to consulting? I spoke to an alumni and she was like it's not for consulting! She was very rude in answering my other questions as well.


The Consulting Club at Schulich is very active. However, the recruitment at Schulich for Consulting is nothing to write home about.
That said, please also not that Canadian schools have not yet put up placement stats for the Co2015, after 10 months of graduation. Everyone is still stuck with 2014 stats. The prime reason is the major drop in placements across schools in Canada.
Please do your research and ask the schools for specific data, before parking the 89K CAD.
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 23:54
shyamnambiar wrote:
yobats wrote:
Any idea how Schulich is when it comes to consulting? I spoke to an alumni and she was like it's not for consulting! She was very rude in answering my other questions as well.


The Consulting Club at Schulich is very active. However, the recruitment at Schulich for Consulting is nothing to write home about.
That said, please also not that Canadian schools have not yet put up placement stats for the Co2015, after 10 months of graduation. Everyone is still stuck with 2014 stats. The prime reason is the major drop in placements across schools in Canada.
Please do your research and ask the schools for specific data, before parking the 89K CAD.
Good luck!


Not sure about other Canadian b-schools, but Desautels (McGill) has put up its stats for Class of 2015. Proportion of people finding a job after 6 months post graduation and class size (huge in case of Schulich and Rotman) are key factors. Doing extensive research is inevitable.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2013
Posts: 26
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2016, 00:39
Hi
I had applied on 23 jan. No news yet. Anybody in round 2 who has recvd any intimation ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2015
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 03:41
Hi, I have a question for people who have received admits in round 1.
How many days after the interview did you hear back from the school?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 380
Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 04:57
hyr wrote:
Hi, I have a question for people who have received admits in round 1.
How many days after the interview did you hear back from the school?


2nd day after the interview.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2015
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE: General Management (Other)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 10:12
VijayG6387 wrote:
hyr wrote:
Hi, I have a question for people who have received admits in round 1.
How many days after the interview did you hear back from the school?


2nd day after the interview.


at max it will take 1 week after the interview...the asst. director taking your interview will tell u the time period by which the decision will be made at the time of interview...if u have'nt asked, after a week of interview, drop in a mail and u will get the reply
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Dec 2015
Posts: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 12:27
Thanks harsitgandhi and VijayG6387 for your reply.

I did ask, after the interview; but I was told that they were completely overwhelmed with the number of applications this year and was not given a fixed date on the results. I had interviewed a week ago so i'll drop them a mail in a day or two.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Feb 2016
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 20:28
Hi Guys! I just applied in time for the round 2 deadline...any clue as to what the turn around time is with regards to an interview revert?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2015
Posts: 38
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 05:41
Finally got an interview invite. International applicant here.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 19:06
Application submitted Jan 15.

45 days and no news.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2015
Posts: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.43
WE: Account Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 21:41
Application submitted on last day if round 1 (15th Jan). Got an interview call on 29th Feb (leap year has been lucky for me [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]. Fixed the interview for 5th March. It is being taken by Mr. Imran Kanga who is one of the admissions directors at the Keele campus. Hoping for the best. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2016, 21:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  16    Next  [ 302 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc



cron
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.