Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: IIMA'17 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
AkshayCh wrote:
abrakadabra21 wrote:
HI,

I wanted to know what all I would be needing for my application. I have my GMAt scheduled at 3rd sep. Is there any essay or recommendation I need to prepare before the date.

2nd What is the last date for accepting the offer, I am asking what if there is any other result I am waiting for.

thanks in advance,
Abrakadabra

1. Best to register online and start filling up the form. This alone can take up to 1-3 days (depending on you), so start this part now.

2. Typically you are given 20 days (as per current batch) to make the first commitment fee of 2 Lacs, else you forfeit your admission. It would be wise to email/ call up the PGPX office in working hours and confirm on the R1 admission closure date with them.

Thanks.
So I would be needing essay and recommendation with me before I start. right?

Abrakadabra
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
The website does not ask for essay. What is this all about?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
abrakadabra21 wrote:
AkshayCh wrote:
abrakadabra21 wrote:
HI,

I wanted to know what all I would be needing for my application. I have my GMAt scheduled at 3rd sep. Is there any essay or recommendation I need to prepare before the date.

2nd What is the last date for accepting the offer, I am asking what if there is any other result I am waiting for.

thanks in advance,
Abrakadabra

1. Best to register online and start filling up the form. This alone can take up to 1-3 days (depending on you), so start this part now.

2. Typically you are given 20 days (as per current batch) to make the first commitment fee of 2 Lacs, else you forfeit your admission. It would be wise to email/ call up the PGPX office in working hours and confirm on the R1 admission closure date with them.

Thanks.
So I would be needing essay and recommendation with me before I start. right?

Abrakadabra

IIMA does not need recommendation letters like other colleges. At a later stage in the process, you will just need to provide contact details of three referees.

Essays are in next stage of application, I believe, after you are shortlisted for an interview. Not before. At this point, you should consider each text box for your current and previous job description as a mini essay in itself. Use these to represent yourself the best you can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.32
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hello all, follow my blog https://aniruddhams.com/
Please provide feedback as well.
I am a fairly regular blogger and have been writing on the PGPX program in a couple of places. This blog compiles them all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Bookmarks
aniruddhams wrote:
Hello all, follow my blog https://aniruddhams.com/
Please provide feedback as well.
I am a fairly regular blogger and have been writing on the PGPX program in a couple of places. This blog compiles them all.

Hi Aniruddh,

Thanks for your regular input to assist prospect like us. Will closely follow the tread as I am intend to apply for R1. I have yet to take GMAT, probably end up taking it 2 days before the dead line :)

About Blog, very nice compilation. my two cents of feedback on your blog is, it needs improvement in UX/UI. There are lots opensource CMS tools too build personal website or blog. give it try to those tools.

Regards,
Anand
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Hi Andy, thanks a lot ! I will spend some time once PGPX is over working on the UX. No time now :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I will have nearly 16 years of IT experience in a top MNC which would also include 5+ years of international experience by Apr 2018 when the next batch of PGPX starts. Based on current batch profiles, can someone tell if this will be more than the usual experience for PGPX and is there any cap on maximum experience in IIM-A ? Also, with the above experience profile, what sort of a GMAT score would I need ?..Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, there is no cap on experience. Usually, one should target a GMAT score of 700 or more.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Hello

This is Alok
Indian
My life can be divided into 2 parts pre 2010 & post 2010

post 2010
GMAT 750(Q51 V39)
Total 6.5 years exp --> 4.5 years at job + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute)
Currently working as Senior Design Engineer (Domain expert in metro trains & High speed trains) (R&D of automobile & transportation products)

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards during my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also some patents I have as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

How should I rate my chance of getting admission to any of these courses
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018!
IIM Bangalore EPGP 9 Aspirants (Class of 2017 - 18)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018

Regards
Alok
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: IIMA
Send PM
Hi Anirudh,

I am in the process of applying in R1. I understand that for the application form to be submitted, the unofficial score is enough. However, If the official score is not yet sent to IIMA, when do I need to send the official score to school: before applying for the program or after getting short listed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Saci2saci, the official score will be sent by GMAC right ? You just submit the unofficial score copy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
alokspa wrote:
Hello

This is Alok
Indian
My life can be divided into 2 parts pre 2010 & post 2010

post 2010
GMAT 750(Q51 V39)
Total 6.5 years exp --> 4.5 years at job + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute)
Currently working as Senior Design Engineer (Domain expert in metro trains & High speed trains) (R&D of automobile & transportation products)

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards during my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also some patents I have as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

How should I rate my chance of getting admission to any of these courses
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018!
IIM Bangalore EPGP 9 Aspirants (Class of 2017 - 18)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2018

Regards
Alok

Hey Alok,

I am not an expert at this but can definitely say your profile is quite good for all the schools you mentioned. Your Pre 2010 academics can easily be overshadowed by your GMAT score and your extra curricular activities. If you can somehow have clarity of though on why MBA, what you want to do in future I guess it should not be that tough to crack...

Best wishes buddy!!!

IIM Aspirant,
SBK
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi,

While filling the 5 schools, I haven't selected IIM A, can I submit unofficial score now, official when and if invited for the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi,

While filling the 5 schools, I haven't selected IIM A, can I submit unofficial score now, official when and if invited for the interview.

Yup Possible, please go through the FAQ https://iima.ac.in/programmes/pgpx/faq.html

BR,
SBK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Hi All,

I have just submitted my application yesterday!.

Fingers crossed, I am hoping that I will get progressed and will get an opportunity for the interview.

Anyone had any other updates?

Thanks,
NS
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 195 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I have submitted mine yesterday. When do we get to know if one is shortlisted? Any deadlines?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE:Human Resources (Human Resources)
Send PM
Good luck to all the ladies and gentleman. :) I will apply for R2. Keep posted us about your further interview experience :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts