Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder (British Columbia) Applicants:2017 Intk-Class of Dec 18 [#permalink]
Hi guys, I a marketing professional with approx 7.5 years of experience in Indian market. Have GMAT of 640 and an electronics engineer by education. Could you please let me know my chances to be considered at Sauder. i am planning to put my application in next 4-5 days.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder (British Columbia) Applicants:2017 Intk-Class of Dec 18 [#permalink]
Received admission offer from Sauder. But can not decide where to go for MBA, Sauder or Schulich. Can anyone please shed some light on which is better? The pros and cons seem to cancel each other out.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Suranjana wrote:
Received admission offer from Sauder. But can not decide where to go for MBA, Sauder or Schulich. Can anyone please shed some light on which is better? The pros and cons seem to cancel each other out.

Hey Suranjana,

That depends on your major and target industry. Also, Sauder, i guess, will cater to the market in western part of Canada. Shulich opens up more opportunities as it is in Toronto. Huge market there and loads of opportunities. But I have seen a few cases where Sauder graduates are working in Toronto, but that is an exception. That is all I can come up with. :) :),, and what about scholarship? are you getting any from either one?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashishsingla wrote:
Hi guys, I a marketing professional with approx 7.5 years of experience in Indian market. Have GMAT of 640 and an electronics engineer by education. Could you please let me know my chances to be considered at Sauder. i am planning to put my application in next 4-5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Hey bro,
better ask any admission consultant about your profile. You will find loads of them in gmatclub.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tallyho_88 wrote:
Suranjana wrote:

Hey Suranjana,

That depends on your major and target industry. Also, Sauder, i guess, will cater to the market in western part of Canada. Shulich opens up more opportunities as it is in Toronto. Huge market there and loads of opportunities. But I have seen a few cases where Sauder graduates are working in Toronto, but that is an exception. That is all I can come up with. :) :),, and what about scholarship? are you getting any from either one?

No scholarships no. :)
Thanks for responding, I'm curious about the Western Part of Canada bit. Do they not have good job opportunities for MBA graduates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 3.34
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
Gave interview 2 days ago. Was a proper and thorough interview. Around 35 mins. Took some risks. Will get response in 2-3 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Send PM
Suranjana wrote:
tallyho_88 wrote:
Suranjana wrote:

Hey Suranjana,

No scholarships no. :)
Thanks for responding, I'm curious about the Western Part of Canada bit. Do they not have good job opportunities for MBA graduates?

I asked this question during my interview with Sauder and I was given an analogy. He said that if Toronto = Mumbai, then Vancouver = Bangalore.
Not sure if it helps!! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hmm..interesting analogy, I can say about the operations sector, like my target industry for this region is maritime shipping, so there are more opportunities in Vancouver for that than Toronto. But the Canadian job market is a little down and jobs are not easy to come by, in the job scenario Vancouver is no way near Bangalore.
I think it would help if you speak to the Alumni.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM