Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
GRE 1: Q800 V770
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Re: Yale Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
cp1234 wrote:
Was there no Yale blog last year? Does anyone know?

The blog has been around for awhile. You can read all the posts here:
https://som.yale.edu/our-programs/full-t ... unity-blog

cp, what makes you think it wasn't around last year? Do you notice it more this year?

Physics wrote:
I don't mean to derail as I know most are in the midst of finding out their R1 status (good luck!), but quick question.

I am applying in R2 and I have generally been providing my recommenders with a folder of general information. I usually include the recommender prompts, but can't find them on the website. This may be by design, and if so that is perfectly fine, but wanted to check here to make sure I wasn't just missing them. Does anyone know if I can obtain the letter of recommendation prompts?

Thanks!

Some people on these forums put in their own personal email addresses so they could get the recommendation questions to send. Beware: Systems are school specific and may not let you change the email address afterwards. These people on GC had to call or email adcoms last year to explain why the email address for their recommender was incorrect, which depending on what you say/how you handle it, could be an awkward conversation. You can try this method if you wish, but your miles may vary.

To those of you coming to Explore Diversity Day today and tomorrow, welcome to campus & hope to see you around! Make sure to ask whatever's on your mind!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.5
WE:Account Management (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
Its been 10 days since the last update for any Indian applicants receiving an invite.. I think all hope is lost for now :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.84
WE:Editorial and Writing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all! Wanted to highlight these reports on Clear Admit on Yale SOM video interview questions:

https://blog.clearadmit.com/2013/10/yale ... terview-2/
https://blog.clearadmit.com/2013/10/yale ... interview/

The Einstein quote is, "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Completed my interview on Tuesday with Mr. Anjani Jain. Such a humble person and very helpful. The questions were all straightforward and the interview was more like a conversation between friends. Difficult to form any conclusions about it, since almost everyone had a similar experience with him. Hoping for the best and good luck to all the rest :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
DefyingGravity wrote:
I just got an interview invite!!!!!!!! Don't give up hope!

Posted from my mobile device

same here!!!
Congrats
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
A waitlist decision is always possible for people who have not received interviews yet. It's not over until Bruce DelMonico says so. :)
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
blueser wrote:
Question: do your interviewers reply to Thank You emails? Is it a bad sign with no reply? Or maybe I'm just freaking out a bit...

Don't worry about receiving a Thank You or not. There are so many instances on GC where people received great thank yous and then were dinged and others who received nothing and were accepted (and vice versa, of course). There's no rhyme or reason -- some people like to be personal and respond, others are just busy and might look at the Thank You as routine and expected.

One thing to note though: DO write your Thank You, regardless. It's good form to do so, whether or not the person responds.

Good luck waiting for the result, blueser. Only a few more weeks left!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
blueser wrote:
Question: do your interviewers reply to Thank You emails? Is it a bad sign with no reply? Or maybe I'm just freaking out a bit...

Don't worry about receiving a Thank You or not. There are so many instances on GC where people received great thank yous and then were dinged and others who received nothing and were accepted (and vice versa, of course). There's no rhyme or reason -- some people like to be personal and respond, others are just busy and might look at the Thank You as routine and expected.

One thing to note though: DO write your Thank You, regardless. It's good form to do so, whether or not the person responds.

Good luck waiting for the result, blueser. Only a few more weeks left!

My interviewer actually beat me to writing a thank you email (while traveling back home). He was nice enough to write and thank me for preparing and taking the time to interview. Regardless, I thought it was a very very classy move. Yale is the only school where such a nice gesture has happened.

Thought it said a lot about the interviewers and the process itself. So I wouldn't worry about responses or anything. They are all good at helping applicants getting the best app experience they can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Schools: ISB '15
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone in India receiving invites? Seems it is too too late now. :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Aerien, thanks for the advice. I'm a R1 applicant and I've already interviewed, and I logically know that I won't hear anything for another 2 weeks, but I've just become conditioned to obsessively checking this site.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today!!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V166
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Kudos
From last year's thread, it appears that all GMATClub calls were received on the 12/13/12 decision date (+ or - 12 hours for international applicants). Also, for those wondering, it would appear that the New Haven area code is "203."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.18
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
speedyb09 wrote:
Just to keep myself entertained until Monday... does anyone know the approximate percentage of applicants that Yale interviews, and then the percentage of interviewed applicants that get accepted?

Not sure what percent of candidates it interviews but I understand around 40-45% of those who actually do interview will be accepted.

Actually according to this article https://poetsandquants.com/2013/09/05/th ... agement/4/ Yale interviews between "a quarter to a third of the pool". Crunching the numbers based on their class size, yield, and total number of applicants, anywhere from 66-87% of interviewed applicants are accepted. These numbers definitely seem high, but it is backed up by the fact that Bruce Delmonico is quoted in the article as saying that Yale tries to interview fewer rather than more applicants. It's an interesting read if you haven't already taken a look at it. Definitely encouraging for those who interviewed.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
For those of you who have a vague idea of what living in New Haven is like (read: you've heard it's scary), this video actually comes much closer to the day-to-day reality. It really is awesome.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
mbamyway wrote:
OhDenny wrote:
DefyingGravity wrote:
Any idea what time we'll hear tomorrow? How many hours do I need to spend stressing out?!

Calls will probably start going out mid-afternoon, but if we hear more specifically from an AdCom, we'll let you know.

Do you know if that means an update to our online status (or notification by email) won't happen until late in the day? In other words, will calls go out to admits before any other kind of notification is given to all applicants?

Last year status updates didn't happen until later in the day, and happy results came out earlier in the afternoon via phone calls and emails (both after the call and if you happened to miss the call). The only exceptions I remember are internationals (they found out a bit earlier in the day, based on time zones).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck tomorrow, everyone! We're rooting for you!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 81
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
machichi wrote:
Good luck tomorrow, everyone! We're rooting for you!

Hear, hear! Do yourselves a favor and don't check GMATClub until this afternoon. Dive into work, or Netflix, or a magazine or something. Take a deep breath. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: Yale '16 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
in! looks like they are starting with Asia!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts