Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
According to the past couple years, the first batch of interview invites should come out the week after Thanksgiving (next week)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Congratulations to the ones who got their acceptance calls! I wanted to ask if anyone in this thread heard of or used prodigy finance to get a loan for MBA? I was wondering how international students are going to finance their graduate studies? If you can give me some tips, something that might work without US co-signer.

I might be on a wrong discussion thread, and im sorry, and if that's the case, can you please refer me to the right thread?

Thank you everyone.

Good luck
:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
Send PM
Hi,

I've been following this thread for a long time but I just haven't been able to find the time to make a strong application to Columbia. Do you think it makes sense to apply so late in the cycle or would it better to go wait for next year? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Prospective2016 wrote:
I'm curious why so many people waited until October 7th to submit? Since it is a rolling process, wouldn't it be ideal to submit the app the first week or month? Was there logic or strategy to it, or simply being too busy?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Kudos
RKelian wrote:
Hi,

I've been following this thread for a long time but I just haven't been able to find the time to make a strong application to Columbia. Do you think it makes sense to apply so late in the cycle or would it better to go wait for next year? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Prospective2016 wrote:
I'm curious why so many people waited until October 7th to submit? Since it is a rolling process, wouldn't it be ideal to submit the app the first week or month? Was there logic or strategy to it, or simply being too busy?

I assume people wait until the 7th because its the last possible day for ED, and we all procrastinate. About still applying, in my humble / not expert at all opinion, I would say you could still be in time, since R2 for most schools are in January and they still capture plenty of students. I imagine, as many people work on several schools at the same time, that CBS sees many new applicants come in around the first week of January.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Prospective2016 wrote:

That is very good question. I agree that as CBS follows a rolling process, you should submit a top quality application as early as you can. I dont know about others but I waited for Oct 7th as I only gave my GMAT in the 3rd week of August, leaving me with close to 1.5 months for CBS and 3 other R1 schools. As CBS happened to have the farthest deadline of the 4 schools, October 7 was the only date that I could have hit without compromising the quality of my applications at other schools.

Coming from a highly represented pool of Indian Engineers, I should have applied earlier in ED round. This could have been the reason why I got a ding after interview as I was probably the last one to get an inteview invite on GMATCLUB. But I have also seen a few posters who got accepted into CBS even when they waited for the submission till the very last day. So it is a combination of a few different factors that will dictate when should you be applying to ED round at CBS.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
RKelian wrote:
Hi,

Prospective2016 wrote:

I don't think it's too late. Based on conversations I've had it seems you're still "early" until about mid to late December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Please can you tell me do I have less chance If I applied in round 3/March then those who applied in Round 1 or round 2. I know Columbia does not have rounds, but still, my question refers to Columbia, Stanford, Harvard, Yale...

Is there any chance to get scholarship or it is too late?
thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I hope we start getting interview invites next week! Best of luck to everyone expecting one! Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: CBS '18 (II)
Send PM
Any other ED applicants here still waiting for their interviewer to submit feedback? It's been over 2 weeks since my interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Any RDers hear anything yet? I didn't submit until end of October, but am curious if anyone who submitted earlier has heard anything.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Nay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Send PM
Submitted RD on 9/24, and haven't heard anything other than the email a few weeks back saying they have started reviewing RD applications. I managed to control my anxiety pretty well as other schools released interviews, but this one is killing me for some reason....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
andy3590 wrote:
Submitted RD on 9/24, and haven't heard anything other than the email a few weeks back saying they have started reviewing RD applications. I managed to control my anxiety pretty well as other schools released interviews, but this one is killing me for some reason....

Interesting...some guy posted saying he didn't get that email and he submitted on 9/14, which is way earlier than you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Malluce wrote:

Interesting...some guy posted saying he didn't get that email and he submitted on 9/14, which is way earlier than you.

I submitted at the end of August and recieved the email, so I don't know if how early you submitted before the ED deadline affected whether you got the email or not.

Originally posted by GeeMcGee on 30 Nov 2015, 13:28.
Last edited by GeeMcGee on 30 Nov 2015, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Tuck '18 (M)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
GeeMcGee wrote:
Malluce wrote:

I submitted at the end of August and recieved the email, so I don't know if how early you submitted beforee the ED deadline affected whether you got the email or not.

I submitted in late October and received the email...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
mbahopeful18 wrote:
GeeMcGee wrote:
Malluce wrote:

I submitted at the end of August and recieved the email, so I don't know if how early you submitted beforee the ED deadline affected whether you got the email or not.

Im the one who didnt get the email... now im even more worried! Do you think I should contact AdCom? Or wait it out this week and see if I hear any news? My app does say "Application Complete Date: 09/14/2015"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
D2d13 wrote:
mbahopeful18 wrote:
GeeMcGee wrote:

Im the one who didnt get the email... now im even more worried! Do you think I should contact AdCom? Or wait it out this week and see if I hear any news? My app does say "Application Complete Date: 09/14/2015"

I submitted a few days after you, I think around 9/18, and received the e-mail. Invites should start coming out this week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts