GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 20:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2639
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 13:18
Malluce wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
Malluce wrote:
For those of you who got dinged after interview, how did the interview go? I wonder if it's the interviewer making the accept/reject call, or the admission who reviews the app again (with the interview as a new data point) and make that decision?


Interview went well. My interviewer told me twice during the interview that he sees me as a good fit for Columbia and that he will definitely recommend me for admission. So interview can not really be make or break. I would say the final application review would be the judgement call. I believe getting an interview invite right at the end of the ED invitation window should have been an indication.


Man that sucks, I think it's unprofessional that the interviewer sending out positive (or negative) indicator yet it's not promising... he shouldn't have done that IMO. :(
Anyways, thanks for sharing this, really helpful, and good luck to the rest of your application.


Dont be discouraged or anything. Just focus on doing your best. Rest will follow. With top schools I always maintain that there is no particular rhyme or reason. You got to play your cards right and at the most 'correct' time.

All the best with your applications.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 14:59
Has anyone done an interview via skype?
I'm an international applicant and want to know how the process went for other international applicants.

Thanks!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Posts: 60
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 16:32
1
Engr2012 wrote:
Denied after interview.

Application complete: October 7
Invited to interview: November 10
Interviewed: November 18
Feedback submitted: November 18
Final decision: November 24

Best of luck to others in RD and people from ED still waiting for a final decision. Congratulations again to all those who got in!


Sorry to hear that, mate. You're right, I believe they conduct a second review (at least in some cases) after the interview feedback is submitted. So even if an interviewer wants you in, it may not be entirely up to him/her.

Oh, well. All the best with the rest of your apps. I'm sure you'll kick ass.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_________________

For the greatest tragedy of them all is never to feel the burning light.

Image

Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2639
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 17:21
Wowbagger wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
Denied after interview.

Application complete: October 7
Invited to interview: November 10
Interviewed: November 18
Feedback submitted: November 18
Final decision: November 24

Best of luck to others in RD and people from ED still waiting for a final decision. Congratulations again to all those who got in!


Sorry to hear that, mate. You're right, I believe they conduct a second review (at least in some cases) after the interview feedback is submitted. So even if an interviewer wants you in, it may not be entirely up to him/her.

Oh, well. All the best with the rest of your apps. I'm sure you'll kick ass.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Thanks Wowbagger , c'est la vie!! You win some , you lose some. Top schools are always a mystery. Had a feeling that getting an interview invite on virtually the last ED invite day didn't augur well. Probably I was invited by the 2nd reviewer. So interview wouldn't have made it any better even with my interviewer's recommendation. I've made my peace with it and moved on! Couple of other decisions still left with a couple of applications more to be submitted for R2.

All the best with your final decision.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2014
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Nov 2015, 20:06
Denied after interview.

Application complete: October 7
Invited to interview: November 6
Interviewed: November 19
Feedback submitted: November 19
Final decision: November 24

My interview went fairly well. Wondering if I should have submitted my application earlier.

Originally posted by TVF on 24 Nov 2015, 19:41.
Last edited by TVF on 24 Nov 2015, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Posts: 60
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 20:01
Whoa. Am I right to deduce that the last wave of invitations is not resulting in admits in the same proportion as earlier invitations? Or is it just coincidence?
_________________

For the greatest tragedy of them all is never to feel the burning light.

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2014
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 23:37
Wowbagger wrote:
Whoa. Am I right to deduce that the last wave of invitations is not resulting in admits in the same proportion as earlier invitations? Or is it just coincidence?


definitely the earlier the better, given the rolling admission process. Wowbagger, have you completed your alum interview?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Posts: 60
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 00:10
freemosquito wrote:
Wowbagger wrote:
Whoa. Am I right to deduce that the last wave of invitations is not resulting in admits in the same proportion as earlier invitations? Or is it just coincidence?


definitely the earlier the better, given the rolling admission process. Wowbagger, have you completed your alum interview?


That's a tad luck-based, especially if you get stuck with busy alums. Oh, well. Not as though luck doesn't play a role in other schools' processes :$

Yes, interview done only recently. Feedback submitted today.

Now we wait. Oh, how we wait.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_________________

For the greatest tragedy of them all is never to feel the burning light.

Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2014
Posts: 9
Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 03:09
Wowbagger wrote:
freemosquito wrote:
Wowbagger wrote:
Whoa. Am I right to deduce that the last wave of invitations is not resulting in admits in the same proportion as earlier invitations? Or is it just coincidence?


definitely the earlier the better, given the rolling admission process. Wowbagger, have you completed your alum interview?


That's a tad luck-based, especially if you get stuck with busy alums. Oh, well. Not as though luck doesn't play a role in other schools' processes :$

Yes, interview done only recently. Feedback submitted today.

Now we wait. Oh, how we wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Mine done last Sat, but my interviewer hasn't submitted the feedback, do you think I should send him a reminder?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2015
Posts: 60
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 03:12
I dunno, mate. Have a word with the admissions office?

They do follow up on their own as well, from what I read on this thread. So check with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
_________________

For the greatest tragedy of them all is never to feel the burning light.

Image

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Posts: 107
Location: India
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 04:05
Denied after interview.

Submitted - 7th Oct
Invite - 6th Nov.
Interview - 19th Nov
Interview report - 19th Nov.
Denied - 24th Nov

All the very best to others waiting for a response and congratulations to those who got through!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jan 2014
Posts: 165
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 04:19
Has any RD applicant heard about interview invite? Given that those who submitted on 8th Oct have crossed 4+ weeks now.

What was the first interview date for RD as per last year, just in case you have it handy!!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 227
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 05:23
popov wrote:
Has any RD applicant heard about interview invite? Given that those who submitted on 8th Oct have crossed 4+ weeks now.

What was the first interview date for RD as per last year, just in case you have it handy!!


Based on years past the first wave will come next week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2015
Posts: 23
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 06:01
Hi guys,

I am wondering about how they inform applicants about ding via email or call?
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2639
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 06:24
Takoz89 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am wondering about how they inform applicants about ding via email or call?


For a ding, you will get a status update posted to your application profile page. You will in turn get an email asking you to log into the application portal to look at the message.

They only call people who will be admitted.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2639
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 06:27
freemosquito wrote:
Wowbagger wrote:
That's a tad luck-based, especially if you get stuck with busy alums. Oh, well. Not as though luck doesn't play a role in other schools' processes :$

Yes, interview done only recently. Feedback submitted today.

Now we wait. Oh, how we wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Mine done last Sat, but my interviewer hasn't submitted the feedback, do you think I should send him a reminder?


The 'typical' time frame is a week as per CBS' recommendation. Do mail Raechel (the interview coordinator) and see if she can re send the feedback reminder to your interviewer.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 20 Mar 2014
Posts: 2639
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 06:34
chesterstreet wrote:
Denied after interview.

Submitted - 7th Oct
Invite - 6th Nov.
Interview - 19th Nov
Interview report - 19th Nov.
Denied - 24th Nov

All the very best to others waiting for a response and congratulations to those who got through!


Sorry to hear that. Interestingly, I see majority of the people who got interviewed and had their feedbacks submitted after Nov 16 got rejected. So the final window couldve been 2nd week of Nov when a few ED seats were remaining. That is why everyone tells to apply as early as possible in ED. Coming from a highly over represented group, I made a mistake to wait for Columbia ED until the very end. Anyhow, best of luck for your other applications.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2014
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 07:09
Engr2012 wrote:
freemosquito wrote:
Wowbagger wrote:
That's a tad luck-based, especially if you get stuck with busy alums. Oh, well. Not as though luck doesn't play a role in other schools' processes :$

Yes, interview done only recently. Feedback submitted today.

Now we wait. Oh, how we wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Mine done last Sat, but my interviewer hasn't submitted the feedback, do you think I should send him a reminder?


The 'typical' time frame is a week as per CBS' recommendation. Do mail Raechel (the interview coordinator) and see if she can re send the feedback reminder to your interviewer.


Thanks, Engr2012, Wowbagger. Just checked Clear Admit's LiveWire, there has been a big wave of admissions and rejections in the last few days. It feels like they are trying to wrap up the ED applications before Thanksgiving. So anxious...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Posts: 304
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 08:16
I assume no RDers have heard anything yet, yeah? Other than the email stating they will look now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 45
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 08:30
TheLostOne wrote:
I assume no RDers have heard anything yet, yeah? Other than the email stating they will look now.


I didn't even get that email and I applied on Sept 14 for RD... Extremely worried!
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 25 Nov 2015, 08:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  78    Next  [ 1549 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.