Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Design (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!! [#permalink]
aquarian2010 wrote:
wonhok wrote:
As a former individual from the waitlist in 16J, do not lose hope. I was waitlisted in 16J, told to apply again, and the next app was a conditional acceptance to a later class for 17D, which got converted to a 17J offer. I've been yanked around quite a bit by adcom, but be optimistic and persevere. You've all got stellar profiles, and from what I was told by interviewers, if you've got the profile to be interviewed, you are already an individual the adcom likes. If INSEAD is the school you want to attend, keep it in focus. If, in the most unfortunate of circumstances, things don't work out, there are other extremely good programs you will be accepted to, as evidenced by some of the LBS acceptances.

If the chances are slim, then there's still a chance!

Agree with you wonhok. It better than a rejection for sure. Did you do anything while on the waitlist to maximise your chances ?

You've got great patience wonhok! :) I'm definitely not willing to be put into a later class as I'm heading towards the upper end of the age range.

I got in touch with my interviewers to let them know I was wait-listed and told one of them about my acceptance to LBS. He then remarked back to the adcom conveying my disappointment with their decision and my acceptance to LBS when they contacted him to let him know the outcome. Hopefully his comments to them will weigh in my favour! Hard to know though what the adcom sees as "missing" from your profile that prevents you being in the definite acceptance group.

Does anyone know what the latest numbers are on MBA Connect?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!! [#permalink]
Kudos
xyeek wrote:
aquarian2010 wrote:
wonhok wrote:
As a former individual from the waitlist in 16J, do not lose hope. I was waitlisted in 16J, told to apply again, and the next app was a conditional acceptance to a later class for 17D, which got converted to a 17J offer. I've been yanked around quite a bit by adcom, but be optimistic and persevere. You've all got stellar profiles, and from what I was told by interviewers, if you've got the profile to be interviewed, you are already an individual the adcom likes. If INSEAD is the school you want to attend, keep it in focus. If, in the most unfortunate of circumstances, things don't work out, there are other extremely good programs you will be accepted to, as evidenced by some of the LBS acceptances.

If the chances are slim, then there's still a chance!

Agree with you wonhok. It better than a rejection for sure. Did you do anything while on the waitlist to maximise your chances ?

You've got great patience wonhok! :) I'm definitely not willing to be put into a later class as I'm heading towards the upper end of the age range.

I got in touch with my interviewers to let them know I was wait-listed and told one of them about my acceptance to LBS. He then remarked back to the adcom conveying my disappointment with their decision and my acceptance to LBS when they contacted him to let him know the outcome. Hopefully his comments to them will weigh in my favour! Hard to know though what the adcom sees as "missing" from your profile that prevents you being in the definite acceptance group.

Does anyone know what the latest numbers are on MBA Connect?

Aquarian2010- If something happens at work (promotion, change in position, award, etc.) let your AO know. If I recall correctly from the waitlist e-mail, they solicit updates if you have them. Send it to them, but don't spam them with it. That being said, it wouldn't have helped with me because I'm fairly certain what happened in my case was that there was someone who had almost exactly the same profile as me, in the same company, same nationality, stationed in the same geographic locale, in my peer group, but was placed in a position of greater responsibility due to fortunate circumstance on his part. Since I come from an extremely niche background and INSEAD manages diversity very well, I believe I did not make the cut for that reason.

xyeek- LBS is an outstanding school, congratulations. I started an application with them, but never submitted because I couldn't sit for the GMAT at the time. Suffice it to say if I had, and it ended up in an offer, it would have been an extremely hard decision to make.

MBA Connect is at 96 so far.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Sorry for the late post, was out of my email for the past 3 days. I got the call on Wednesday from my AO - HS. Starting in Fonty in August.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone who has already been admitted, not to change the topic entirely, but where can we see the number of admitted people on MBA Connect? I am also admitted into the July 2017 class and have explore the Connect platform a bit, but didn't find such information there... Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
cybluebird123 wrote:
Hi everyone who has already been admitted, not to change the topic entirely, but where can we see the number of admitted people on MBA Connect? I am also admitted into the July 2017 class and have explore the Connect platform a bit, but didn't find such information there... Thanks!

"Community" on the top of the page, there "Directory" and then filter by class.

P.S. There are 103 students so far.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
StudentFromMoscow wrote:
cybluebird123 wrote:

"Community" on the top of the page, there "Directory" and then filter by class.

P.S. There are 103 students so far.

Thanks! Just found it. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 3.23
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
wonhok, good job on getting a plan B in place. Most of us candidates (not a candidate yet; I'm applying for the class of Dec '17) chose INSEAD for it's unique 1 year international programme coupled with it's high ranking and ROI.

Like some older candidates, I am trying to put in place a plan B. I can't say I have one in place since most of the 1 year programs are not on par with INSEAD; some are lacking in solid alumni presence, in international presence, in reputation, or in solid career services and in consulting placement to name some. Plus I can't afford 2 years or else my wife will divorce me one year in lol kdn!

The possibilities are there for younger candidates. My advice to you: WL is not the end of the world. You definitely have the chance to solidify your resume and fill in the gaps. Your profile will be as competitive in a lot of the US and European programs (e.g. LBS).

May I ask the wait-listees what's your plan B?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Plan B (or should I say plan A now) is apply to LBS. Need to think of a good plan C too. Basically back to square 1.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
I hope everyone applied in R1 should have received the decision by now. Here is summary of Round 1. Congrats to all INSEAD R1 Admits!!

Admitted and Waitlisted Folks: There are separate threads for you for getting in touch with each other and discussing next strategy.

Calling all Admitted Students: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
farrous13 wrote:

For me Plan A was either INSEAD or LBS and Plan B if I didn't get accepted to either was to apply to HEC Paris, IMD and possibly Oxbridge and CBS. Fortunately I don't need my plan B. To be honest when I thought of having to work on applications again I wanted to throw up lol.

On a separate note, I asked SH if I could get feedback on my profile and was told "I would like to reassure you that, with competition as fierce as it is for a seat at INSEAD, your application does not need to have a specific weakness to be on the waitlist. It is for this reason that we are not asking you for supplementary information to strengthen your application." It leaves me wondering if I should email them updates to my profile.

Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
xyeek wrote:
farrous13 wrote:

For me Plan A was either INSEAD or LBS and Plan B if I didn't get accepted to either was to apply to HEC Paris, IMD and possibly Oxbridge and CBS. Fortunately I don't need my plan B. To be honest when I thought of having to work on applications again I wanted to throw up lol.

On a separate note, I asked SH if I could get feedback on my profile and was told "I would like to reassure you that, with competition as fierce as it is for a seat at INSEAD, your application does not need to have a specific weakness to be on the waitlist. It is for this reason that we are not asking you for supplementary information to strengthen your application." It leaves me wondering if I should email them updates to my profile.

Thoughts?

I got the same response too with the subject INSEAD Waitlist Explained. But I was also told to update any "important" information that may be missing in the application and which adds value. Did you get that one? It's a bit contradicting...one part says we don't need updates, the other part welcomes missing important information. Hmmmm...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aquarian2010 wrote:
xyeek wrote:
farrous13 wrote:

Thoughts?

I got the same response too with the subject INSEAD Waitlist Explained. But I was also told to update any "important" information that may be missing in the application and which adds value. Did you get that one? It's a bit contradicting...one part says we don't need updates, the other part welcomes missing important information. Hmmmm...

I got this answer too with the following words at the end "Having said that, you are welcome to add an update to your application, if you feel that there is some important information missing that would add value to your file."

It seems like you don't have to email them unless something huge happened to you (which is unlikely in my case)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Got done today with my interviews for INSEAD (R2 Sept Intake). One was extremely conversational (1.5hours - walked through several experiences for each of the companies I've worked for) and other one was brutal (30 mins, rapid questioning, lots of asking next set of questions between my answers, and generally probing hard on anything and everything). It's amazing just how emotionally draining the whole process can be.

Glad this is done and over with. Best of luck to each one of you in this 'testing' journey of B-School applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM