It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 12:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Is a one-year MBA programme really for you? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2016, 05:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Is a one-year MBA programme really for you?
One of the things that really appealed to me about INSEAD was that it was a one-year MBA programme. I’ve worked a good while, I’ve travelled, I’ve partied, and I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what I want... Continue Reading →
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

The INSEAD Moms [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2016, 21:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: The INSEAD Moms
By Naz Mirza, partner of Rashad Mirzayev, INSEAD MBA’14D Pamela Druckerman, Gina Ford and Lucy Atkins are just some of the major names that have somehow shaped the minds of so many parents all around the world: from Azerbaijan to... Continue Reading →
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2016, 07:44
This post received
KUDOS
Hola! This is only relevant for admits from Spain & Portugal (or with high interest in working mainly in these markets based in Madrid!). I have just seen in Facebook the following:

Bain & Company Madrid Office is planning a Pre-MBA event at 19:30 in June 23rd and would like to invite the INSEAD Class of 2018 admits. It is a unique opportunity to understand what we do in Strategy Consulting very early on!

Please **send an email to Patricia Miralles (patricia.miralles{@}bain{.}com, I can't write it as a normal email address, but you only have to delete the brackets) ** if you would like to attend, and she will answer back to you, or you can follow the instructions in the web page of Bain Madrid, where you also have more information.

If you are interested in Bain Madrid, even if you can't attend, also let her know!

Congratulations on your admission!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Fairytales are for real! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2016, 01:15
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Fairytales are for real!
I was scrubbing dishes late into the night. It had been a tiring day like any other. Wiping the perspiration from my forehead I egged on. My mind kept racing back to what had been the talk of the town. Every one... Continue Reading →

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Outside the classroom – INSEAD Creative Garage [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2016, 02:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Outside the classroom – INSEAD Creative Garage
Business school is not only about finance, consulting, marketing and the traditional “business subjects.” Business school is about many things, some more obvious than others. It’s amazing how many activities are going on outside the classroom, how many cool projects,... Continue Reading →

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

An “Average” INSEAD Break [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 03:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: An “Average” INSEAD Break
Considered the most intense of the five periods, my classmates and I in Fontainebleau found P2 especially challenging given the weather conditions in France. It was already almost May and we had barely seen the sun! So, to escape the... Continue Reading →

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 77

WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 02:34
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
My profile goes as follows:
GMAT: 720 (Q49/V40)
I am yet to take language test(s).
Work-Exp: 60 months till July-2016
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Extra-curriculars are good but community service is poor.
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
Leadership roles are ample within and beyond my profession.
Acads: High School - 91%
12th std - 93%
B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering) - 73.4% (but 4th in class)

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I have next to nil collateral property.
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 03:15
This post was
BOOKMARKED
AA2014 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
12th std - 93%

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Abhishek - If you are major concern is about Financing, Prodigy Finance is a very lucrative option. It is founded by INSEAD alumni and provides collateral free loan up to full tuition, so you might want to have a look. Moreover, there are a lot of need and merit based scholarships as well but would advice you to apply for Round 1/Round 2 if scholarship is your concern. Regarding profile evaluation, your profile seems good but more than concrete facts, it is the way you present your case in your essays that will matter. So buckle up your belt and delve into the process.

Hope my 2 cents help. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2016, 18:59
nigushto wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

12th std - 93%

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek

Abhishek - If you are major concern is about Financing, Prodigy Finance is a very lucrative option. It is founded by INSEAD alumni and provides collateral free loan up to full tuition, so you might want to have a look. Moreover, there are a lot of need and merit based scholarships as well but would advice you to apply for Round 1/Round 2 if scholarship is your concern. Regarding profile evaluation, your profile seems good but more than concrete facts, it is the way you present your case in your essays that will matter. So buckle up your belt and delve into the process.

Hope my 2 cents help. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice.
I looked into Prodigy Finance and found that its loan cap is very much profile based. So I'm not sure how my loan cap would be decided. Also, this's a major relief that its a collateral free loan. Really? I mean I stated about that earlier. I'm still not sure about the scholarship's probability with my profile.

I've already started working on the essays and hope to receive some help from you in future in case I need it.

Thanks a lot.

Abhishek

P.S. Your advice was worth at least a thousand bucks.

Re: Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!   [#permalink] 05 Aug 2016, 18:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   [ 589 posts ] 

Calling all INSEAD Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of July 2017!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap