GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2015, 00:46
2
1
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 06:45
hey guys! Any news on the waitlist candidates? I see the number of students moving up everyday on MBA Connect. This means new candidates being admitted?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 173
Location: New Zealand
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2016, 07:14
ubii88 wrote:
hey guys! Any news on the waitlist candidates? I see the number of students moving up everyday on MBA Connect. This means new candidates being admitted?


Well the above roll call is a bit outdated. A few of us from R1 have moved off the wait list. I doubt there'll be any more changes to the waitlist until late Jan when the deposit is due. The increase in numbers on MBA Connect might be a catch up on the backlog from pre-Christmas R2/R1 waitlist admits?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 16:24
All american schools calling waitlisted applicants these days, but nothing from INSEAD =(

Hard not to get anxious...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 173
Location: New Zealand
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 01:13
I agree that the wait is painful, having been there myself. There is hope though so hang in there! That said, it wouldn't do any harm to have a backup plan.

Realistically speaking, you wouldn't expect to get a call until either after 22 Jan when R1 deposits are due, or until R3 results are about to come out.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 18:44
xyeek wrote:
I agree that the wait is painful, having been there myself. There is hope though so hang in there! That said, it wouldn't do any harm to have a backup plan.

Realistically speaking, you wouldn't expect to get a call until either after 22 Jan when R1 deposits are due, or until R3 results are about to come out.



Yes, you are right! I have come up with a back up plan. I am applying to other 3 schools. But INSEAD remains my first choice. It is so difficult to be in this position! Can I ask you something?

Have you got any news from INSEAD or from other waitlisted candidates this year?

I have heard that they call waitlisted candidates even 2 weeks prior to classes. It is painfull to think that they can call you anytime, because it is difficult to lose hope. In the meanwhile, I am not sure if there is much I can do. I talked to my interviewrs and they told me just to wait patiently. =(
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 173
Location: New Zealand
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 19:50
ubii88 wrote:


Yes, you are right! I have come up with a back up plan. I am applying to other 3 schools. But INSEAD remains my first choice. It is so difficult to be in this position! Can I ask you something?

Have you got any news from INSEAD or from other waitlisted candidates this year?

I have heard that they call waitlisted candidates even 2 weeks prior to classes. It is painfull to think that they can call you anytime, because it is difficult to lose hope. In the meanwhile, I am not sure if there is much I can do. I talked to my interviewrs and they told me just to wait patiently. =(


I know of at least 5 of us on the forums who were waitlisted in R1 and were called and accepted on the day that R2 applicants were being called with decision results. I do know from looking in previous INSEAD class forums that there were indeed waitlisted candidates who were called very close to when classes were starting, so I was quite surprised when that many of us waitlisters were admitted by R2.

It is definitely painful to not know, but to be honest there's really nothing you can do unless you have some major upcoming developments in your profile that you can update the adcom with e.g. promotions, major succeses etc. I would advise treating it as though you have been rejected for now and focus on your other school applications. Who knows, your first choice school might end up changing in the end. INSEAD was initially my first choice too but during the interim between being waitlisted and receiving an offer from INSEAD, I had a chance to really get to know the people at the other school, and think further about my goals. I wound up accepting their offer instead, which frees up a spot for someone on the waitlist :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 07:00
xyeek wrote:
ubii88 wrote:


Yes, you are right! I have come up with a back up plan. I am applying to other 3 schools. But INSEAD remains my first choice. It is so difficult to be in this position! Can I ask you something?

Have you got any news from INSEAD or from other waitlisted candidates this year?

I have heard that they call waitlisted candidates even 2 weeks prior to classes. It is painfull to think that they can call you anytime, because it is difficult to lose hope. In the meanwhile, I am not sure if there is much I can do. I talked to my interviewrs and they told me just to wait patiently. =(


I know of at least 5 of us on the forums who were waitlisted in R1 and were called and accepted on the day that R2 applicants were being called with decision results. I do know from looking in previous INSEAD class forums that there were indeed waitlisted candidates who were called very close to when classes were starting, so I was quite surprised when that many of us waitlisters were admitted by R2.

It is definitely painful to not know, but to be honest there's really nothing you can do unless you have some major upcoming developments in your profile that you can update the adcom with e.g. promotions, major succeses etc. I would advise treating it as though you have been rejected for now and focus on your other school applications. Who knows, your first choice school might end up changing in the end. INSEAD was initially my first choice too but during the interim between being waitlisted and receiving an offer from INSEAD, I had a chance to really get to know the people at the other school, and think further about my goals. I wound up accepting their offer instead, which frees up a spot for someone on the waitlist :)




you are giving up on INSEAD? :(


Honestly, you are completely right! It is time to stop thinking about this waitlist and move on.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 173
Location: New Zealand
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 22:16
Yep, which would be good news for those all on the wait list since it frees up another spot :)
it wasn't an easy decision picking between 2 elite schools. In the end I went with the one that would provide me with the best opportunity to attain my goals.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 7633
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 14:25
AnnouncementLive Q&A with former INSEAD Admission Directors


Image

Hello Everyone!! We are delighted to inform you that we are holding a chat session with Caroline Diarte Edwards, Director at Fortuna Admissions (former Director of Admissions at INSEAD) and Melissa Jones, Expert Admissions Coach at Fortuna Admissions (former Asst. Director at INSEAD).

Caroline and Melissa will dialogue with applicants in GMAT Club chat room on general admission questions and provide tips on getting into INSEAD. This is best opportunity for you to learn about what INSEAD from its former admission directors. So save this event to your Google Calendar and present in the chat room with your questions.

Date: February 11, 2016. Thursday
Time: 9 AM PST (5 PM GMT)
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 7633
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 12:39
Hello Guys, We are hosting a webinar for Waitlisted applicants. If anyone is interested in attending this event, sign up here how-to-get-off-the-mba-waitlist-webinar-by-gmat-club-and-mbamission-212335.html
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:15
Got the long awaited call today .... Off the round 2 wait list .. And starting at the Fonty campus !!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 11:26
Rrhr123 wrote:
Got the long awaited call today .... Off the round 2 wait list .. And starting at the Fonty campus !!



Same here!! I cannot believe!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2013
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 590 Q39 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.42
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 21:28
Thrilled to have gotten the call from VF on 9 Feb (after being Waitlisted from R2) for a spot in Fonty this Sept as well!!

I'm wondering about 2 things though:

1) My dateline for a reply is this Friday 12 Feb but I would like to ask for an extension as my managers are all out of town this week and I would like to have a chat with them about this before giving a final, calculated decision. Would asking for an extension risk anything?

2) Would I still be qualified for the scholarships which I applied for in R2? Was really hoping to be one of the 20-25% who receive scholarship of some sort to help pull me through!

Barring an extraordinary circumstance, I'm definitely mostly likely going to accept but will be most grateful for any additional insights!

My profile just FYI:

Singaporean Chinese Female
29 Years on matriculation
GMAT: 690
6 years working experience in Consulting, Corporate Innovation, Health Tech
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 14:57
Waitlisted in R2. No update.
Northern-EU, male. Investment Banking, London. Undergrad at ESADE.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 15:35
zhst wrote:
Waitlisted in R2. No update.
Northern-EU, male. Investment Banking, London. Undergrad at ESADE.



Don´t loose hope.

INSEAD call applicants up to August!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2015
Posts: 7
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.32
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 20:48
Anyone heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 06:56
Being waitlisted at round 3.
To those of you who got released from waitlist, please share your tip.
Have you just waited or appealed yourself with any improvement in your profile, such as GMAT, Promotion?

swongx wrote:
Thrilled to have gotten the call from VF on 9 Feb (after being Waitlisted from R2) for a spot in Fonty this Sept as well!!

I'm wondering about 2 things though:

1) My dateline for a reply is this Friday 12 Feb but I would like to ask for an extension as my managers are all out of town this week and I would like to have a chat with them about this before giving a final, calculated decision. Would asking for an extension risk anything?

2) Would I still be qualified for the scholarships which I applied for in R2? Was really hoping to be one of the 20-25% who receive scholarship of some sort to help pull me through!

Barring an extraordinary circumstance, I'm definitely mostly likely going to accept but will be most grateful for any additional insights!

My profile just FYI:

Singaporean Chinese Female
29 Years on matriculation
GMAT: 690
6 years working experience in Consulting, Corporate Innovation, Health Tech
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 43
Schools: Kellogg '18 (II)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2016, 13:45
SarahJessicaLee wrote:
Being waitlisted at round 3.
To those of you who got released from waitlist, please share your tip.
Have you just waited or appealed yourself with any improvement in your profile, such as GMAT, Promotion?

swongx wrote:
Thrilled to have gotten the call from VF on 9 Feb (after being Waitlisted from R2) for a spot in Fonty this Sept as well!!

I'm wondering about 2 things though:

1) My dateline for a reply is this Friday 12 Feb but I would like to ask for an extension as my managers are all out of town this week and I would like to have a chat with them about this before giving a final, calculated decision. Would asking for an extension risk anything?

2) Would I still be qualified for the scholarships which I applied for in R2? Was really hoping to be one of the 20-25% who receive scholarship of some sort to help pull me through!

Barring an extraordinary circumstance, I'm definitely mostly likely going to accept but will be most grateful for any additional insights!

My profile just FYI:

Singaporean Chinese Female
29 Years on matriculation
GMAT: 690
6 years working experience in Consulting, Corporate Innovation, Health Tech




Hello! I was waitlisted from R2 and accepted after ~50 days. I honestly didn´t know what to do. The first thing I did was contact my interviewers and let them know. They were very surprised. One of them told me he "would see what happened". I have no idea if that helped me in any way or not. But almost 2 months after being waitlisted I received the call. I was not expecting and was of course very happy.

I received the call a few days before the interview notification date for round 3. At this time, I was working on getting a third letter of recommendation from a previous manager who is INSEAD alumnus. I really hope this information help you. I have been there, I know is frustrating.

Honestly, I dont know if there is much you can do except from keep your mind positive! I have talked to some 16j students that were admitted in July, so there is still many time!Also, round 3 deposit is due in one month so probably there will be some move on the list!

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 08:16
Is there any formal waitlist policy of INSEAD?

I have heard that some schools' waitlisted candidates are guided not to send out any update.
Or schools such as Booth recommend to submit additional 300words essay to waitlisted candidate.

But how about INSEAD?
My waitlist manager just says to share any change in my situation. But what is this "any change in my situation"?

I am littile bit concerned about the boundary of this change.
Because some updates could just annoy them or not creating any input to my profile.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2016, 08:16

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants: INSEAD September 2016 Intake!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: uc26, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach






cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne