It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 21:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2014, 06:54
Not sure if this is entirely accurate, but activity on the forum suggests there were many more people accepted than usual, which may play into our favor with a short waitlist with R2. Let's stay optimistic.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V28
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2014, 11:06
I think we may get news during the first deposit deadline. It must be around the new year

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2014, 11:13
I was thinking mid December when R2 interview decisions start being released. At least thats what I gathered from the previous wait list forums.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V28
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2014, 17:24
That would be much better :)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 39

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
WE: Marketing (Transportation)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2014, 19:18
Is anyone planning to do anything in the next month to assist getting in?

I was thinking of sitting for the GMAT again.

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 13

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2014, 21:17
I was going to wait until waitlist confirmation email and send them updates from my job... wait a few weeks until the waitlist moves again. If I dont get a phone call then I was gonna look for another letter of recommendation.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2014, 10:48
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Maybe I'm over analyzing. You tell me.

Harvard's yield rate (the %age of people who turn down offers) is at 89% (11% reject offers). Stanford is at 87%, and Wharton/MIT/Chicago have somewhere around 70%. INSEAD doesn't publish yield rates, but I would say that 80ish percent would be a conservative, reasonable estimate. It could be lower, but lower would be better for us. The article assumes lower than 70 percent because reporting lower yields would reflect poorly on the school. Previous intakes have accepted roughly 200/200/100 for R1/2/3 respectively. This year is different because there are 4 rounds. I think we can reasonably assume that the school will still frontload the majority of the offers, and 150/150/75/75 wouldn't be too far off the mark. If we consider the gmatclub community to be a microcosm of MBA applicants, the 26 who are admitted (source: data table for the Sept 2015 intake thread) are roughly 1/6 of the offers sent out. The accuracy of this statement is dependent on what margin of error INSEAD works with, which would be essential in determining how many people make it off the waitlist. Since we don't know this number, there is no possible way I can accurately go forth. Stay with me though. Let's work with a few numbers here. Assuming INSEAD works with a 10 percent margin of error (165 offers sent for 150 seats) and the 80% yield holds true, we're looking at around 120-132 acceptances and 17-30 spots open. 5 of us have updated our profiles to reflect we are on the waitlist, so we can assume around 30 people on the waitlist for this next review. I think we have an ok shot at making it off the waitlist.

Our chances would be better than the January intake because many US business schools start around the September/August timeframe. More start dates, more possibilities for people to pick and choose which schools they go to.

Lots of assumptions, but let's stay positive.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/01/17/th ... ion-rates/

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V28
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2014, 23:06
@wonhok, your analysis is optimistic. Coming to the statistics in the GMATCLUB, out of 35 candidates interviewed 27 were admitted and only 3 were denied. Is the interview to admit rate generally high with INSEAD?

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2014, 11:55
siliconbeach wrote:
wonhok, your analysis is optimistic. Coming to the statistics in the GMATCLUB, out of 35 candidates interviewed 27 were admitted and only 3 were denied. Is the interview to admit rate generally high with INSEAD?


To be honest, I got the feeling that dings come with interview decisions and once you're interviewed, you're either accepted or waitlisted.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2014, 10:15
WL too, I got that feeling too.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2014, 10:17
wonhok wrote:
Maybe I'm over analyzing. You tell me.

Harvard's yield rate (the %age of people who turn down offers) is at 89% (11% reject offers). Stanford is at 87%, and Wharton/MIT/Chicago have somewhere around 70%. INSEAD doesn't publish yield rates, but I would say that 80ish percent would be a conservative, reasonable estimate. It could be lower, but lower would be better for us. The article assumes lower than 70 percent because reporting lower yields would reflect poorly on the school. Previous intakes have accepted roughly 200/200/100 for R1/2/3 respectively. This year is different because there are 4 rounds. I think we can reasonably assume that the school will still frontload the majority of the offers, and 150/150/75/75 wouldn't be too far off the mark. If we consider the gmatclub community to be a microcosm of MBA applicants, the 26 who are admitted (source: data table for the Sept 2015 intake thread) are roughly 1/6 of the offers sent out. The accuracy of this statement is dependent on what margin of error INSEAD works with, which would be essential in determining how many people make it off the waitlist. Since we don't know this number, there is no possible way I can accurately go forth. Stay with me though. Let's work with a few numbers here. Assuming INSEAD works with a 10 percent margin of error (165 offers sent for 150 seats) and the 80% yield holds true, we're looking at around 120-132 acceptances and 17-30 spots open. 5 of us have updated our profiles to reflect we are on the waitlist, so we can assume around 30 people on the waitlist for this next review. I think we have an ok shot at making it off the waitlist.

Our chances would be better than the January intake because many US business schools start around the September/August timeframe. More start dates, more possibilities for people to pick and choose which schools they go to.

Lots of assumptions, but let's stay positive.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/01/17/th ... ion-rates/
I think your argument is only flawed in the senses that they have quotas for countries... In my country Insead is a huge school, and LBS and the americans are not. So I think the yield rate for my country is higher than that of Insead as a whole, and therefore I think I have less chances..

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2014, 11:00
peleve wrote:
wonhok wrote:
Maybe I'm over analyzing. You tell me.

Harvard's yield rate (the %age of people who turn down offers) is at 89% (11% reject offers). Stanford is at 87%, and Wharton/MIT/Chicago have somewhere around 70%. INSEAD doesn't publish yield rates, but I would say that 80ish percent would be a conservative, reasonable estimate. It could be lower, but lower would be better for us. The article assumes lower than 70 percent because reporting lower yields would reflect poorly on the school. Previous intakes have accepted roughly 200/200/100 for R1/2/3 respectively. This year is different because there are 4 rounds. I think we can reasonably assume that the school will still frontload the majority of the offers, and 150/150/75/75 wouldn't be too far off the mark. If we consider the gmatclub community to be a microcosm of MBA applicants, the 26 who are admitted (source: data table for the Sept 2015 intake thread) are roughly 1/6 of the offers sent out. The accuracy of this statement is dependent on what margin of error INSEAD works with, which would be essential in determining how many people make it off the waitlist. Since we don't know this number, there is no possible way I can accurately go forth. Stay with me though. Let's work with a few numbers here. Assuming INSEAD works with a 10 percent margin of error (165 offers sent for 150 seats) and the 80% yield holds true, we're looking at around 120-132 acceptances and 17-30 spots open. 5 of us have updated our profiles to reflect we are on the waitlist, so we can assume around 30 people on the waitlist for this next review. I think we have an ok shot at making it off the waitlist.

Our chances would be better than the January intake because many US business schools start around the September/August timeframe. More start dates, more possibilities for people to pick and choose which schools they go to.

Lots of assumptions, but let's stay positive.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/01/17/th ... ion-rates/
I think your argument is only flawed in the senses that they have quotas for countries... In my country Insead is a huge school, and LBS and the americans are not. So I think the yield rate for my country is higher than that of Insead as a whole, and therefore I think I have less chances..


Good point. Bottle necked or not, I'm thinking possibly sometime next week we might see movements. If not, definitely NLT 24 December, since the Admissions office will close from then until the New Year, which would mean a monthly evaluation is complete at that point.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 09:44
Any news? The folks that also got accepted by LBS should be making their choices now, and hopefully some new spots will open.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2014, 09:56
peleve wrote:
Any news? The folks that also got accepted by LBS should be making their choices now, and hopefully some new spots will open.


All quiet on the American front.
I suspect end of this week/early next week we might see movement.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V28
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 06:32
Any news? can we expect any movement before the christmas?

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 07:28
siliconbeach wrote:
Any news? can we expect any movement before the christmas?


E-mail signature from my AO:

"Please note that the INSEAD Degree Programmes Admissions Office on the Europe Campus will be closed from 24 December to 1 January (inclusive)."

I think an eval will happen before then, but the last I heard about MBAConnect numbers they were at 150, which seems high for 500 spots across 4 rounds.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 08:13
wonhok wrote:
siliconbeach wrote:
Any news? can we expect any movement before the christmas?


E-mail signature from my AO:

"Please note that the INSEAD Degree Programmes Admissions Office on the Europe Campus will be closed from 24 December to 1 January (inclusive)."

I think an eval will happen before then, but the last I heard about MBAConnect numbers they were at 150, which seems high for 500 spots across 4 rounds.

150 people waitlisted?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 08:18
wonhok wrote:
siliconbeach wrote:
Any news? can we expect any movement before the christmas?


E-mail signature from my AO:

"Please note that the INSEAD Degree Programmes Admissions Office on the Europe Campus will be closed from 24 December to 1 January (inclusive)."

I think an eval will happen before then, but the last I heard about MBAConnect numbers they were at 150, which seems high for 500 spots across 4 rounds.

I suppose that as people get invitations from other schools and accept them, new spots will open.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 94

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Re: INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2014, 10:25
wonhok wrote:
siliconbeach wrote:
Any news? can we expect any movement before the christmas?


E-mail signature from my AO:

"Please note that the INSEAD Degree Programmes Admissions Office on the Europe Campus will be closed from 24 December to 1 January (inclusive)."

I think an eval will happen before then, but the last I heard about MBAConnect numbers they were at 150, which seems high for 500 spots across 4 rounds.

I read somewhere they would admit 150 in the first round 150 e in the second, and 100 in each of the last 2.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Concentration: International Business
GRE 1: 329 Q167 V162
GPA: 3.34
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2014, 07:57
https://infogr.am/insead-15d-infographic

Nationality breakdown for comparison against MBAConnect numbers, which, as of yesterday are...

Nationality Count Avg Age
Indian 29 27.0
American 22 27.4
Chinese 11 28.2
Canadian 8 27.8
French 8 27.1
German 7 26.4
Brazilian 6 27.3
Italian 6 28.3
Singaporean 6 28.3
British 5 29.6

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2014, 07:57

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 145 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD Waitlist September 2015 Intake

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.