Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:57 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30812 [1]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: E-gmat or GMAT Pill [#permalink]
If you haven't seen this link yet, please have a look:

https://gmatclub.com/reviews/location/online-0

GMATPill and e-GMAT both have a fair number of reviews. There should be a good bit of information there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
My 2 cents ...

I bought the verbal package of the GMATpill. I loved the RC ... Nothing gets close to how the guy analyzes the RC passages. As for the CR and SC, IMO it's too simplistic for a 700+ score. It gives you all the foundation necessary to get a solid score but not 700+.

I only tried the free trial of the e-GMAT. SC & CR look def more comprehensive than the pill ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Please check my debrief and review of e-gmat and GMAT Pill. I don't think that GMATPill even comes close to e-GMAT for SC and CR.

I personally believe that e-GMAT's CR is absolutely fantastic and way better than any thing available in the market( or as close to Powerscore CR book + video representation which sticks in your brain). SC concepts in e-gmat are so consistent that process sticks to your head. So, in a nutshell, e-gmat is all about CONSISTENT PROCESS for all the problems. I ended up visualizing how i'd solve a SC or CR problem in the test with one process.

However, I must admit that GMATPill's RC section is different from others. You can learn the same method using their free videos and practice it on official passages. I don't even want to talk about cr and sc gmatpill. It's all hyped up.

Hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you all for your reviews.
Finally I have decided to take RC from GMAT pill and CR,SC from E-GMAT.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30812 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just wanted to let you know that we recently launched our RC course. We are very excited about it and we believe that it is the single largest collection of original passages out there. Here is what some of our users say about the course. Like all our course, this course comes with a generous free trial.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bP6aD7ibrA[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4uZchV30xs[/youtube]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
badboikilla wrote:
My 2 cents ...

I bought the verbal package of the GMATpill. I loved the RC ... Nothing gets close to how the guy analyzes the RC passages. As for the CR and SC, IMO it's too simplistic for a 700+ score. It gives you all the foundation necessary to get a solid score but not 700+.

I only tried the free trial of the e-GMAT. SC & CR look def more comprehensive than the pill ...

I have access to both e-GMAT and Gmat Pill for the SC portion. In my opinion e-GMAT teaches a more structured way in approaching SC. The frameworks videos from Gmat Pill are good, but these concepts are also covered on e-GMAT.
Between the two I feel e-GMAT helps me retain the materials through their exercises at the end of the lessons.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
If you ask me, I have a different opinion...

I had this dilemma before two months of my GMAT. And decided to go with GMATPIll, since I thought it was the strategy that I had to learn and the approach that I had to internalize, and not take in much of the same syllabus I knew previously. I didn't learn any new formula or new grammar rule, it was just the approach.. and it paid me off... Got a 90 point improvement. So I'd stick with the pill..

Best,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 912 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: LBS '14 (A$)
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V48
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

I can't say it works for everyone, but using just the OG(12) and GMAT Pill (all sections) I went from someone who had never done a standardised test to 770 (48,48) in 2 months.

GMAT Pill works because it keeps things really simple. I still don't know what a subjunctive is or even really a past participle, but that doesn't matter, with the simple frameworks provided you get everything you need to know to be able to answer the questions, which is what you need, not a theoretical knowledge of Grammar or whatever.

I was so impressed that I've happily accepted a small role on the GMAT Pill staff.

I can not recommend it enough.

If people would like further advice on this or any other matter, drop me a DM

James
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
dont know about gmat pill but egmat is best for non native english speakers.... i took their class and found it helpful& cheaper
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Kudos
Very useful comparisons guys. Is anyone also considering Veritas or Kaplan courses? I did my first GMAT in 2011 and by that time, i didnt hear about GMAT Pill or E-GMAT course. everyone was talking about Veritas or Kaplan (in my impression).
Are GMAT Pill and E-GMAT comparatively new? Are they significantly better in terms of verbal section?

thank you in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.96
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
hi all,

I just thought I could add some value to this discussion so here it goes-

I am currently a customer with the Verbal Live prep (June batch) and my experience has been amazing. Though I will have my test scheduled early September, I feel a lot more confident on my SC and CR part already! (I need to still work harder). I can totally vouch (after going through other test preps in my previous attempt) that the way they approach SC and CR, is indeed the best! The only thing we as students could do is follow their instructions to the T and I am sure our improvement is gonna be more than the 4 points they guarantee. After the 'eye-opening' experience last week at the SC workshop (Quite an Official Question type feel!) , I look forward to the RC & CR classes and esp. the verbal work shop on Aug 17th 2013. I had a brief encounter with gmat pill- I can certainly say that I benefited from the RC course, but the SC and CR totally din't work for me. I could not see a method in place!
Well, It would be absolutely apt to add that e-gmat is not only good for non-native speakers but also for native speakers as the application of logic is taught here and not some basic grammar!

Cheers to all!
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1859 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
ayushalinagar wrote:
dont know about gmat pill but egmat is best for non native english speakers.... i took their class and found it helpful& cheaper

Do not go by non native concept...Its just a publicity stunt.

I was an e gmat customer....Its really good course...But the problem, is you need to have time, i mean if you have your gmat in another 3- 4 months....than its worth......GMAT PILL does not have a good ROI...I think you must also consider MGMAT And Veritas..I mean u shud keep ur options open

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!

Archit
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hey guys,

Not sure where this claim of low ROI is coming from but clearly GMATPill has had extremely high ROI for many students--something that sets us apart from other services.

Example 1: From <$400 to $50,000 MBA Scholarship; Now @ Darden MBA--125x on his investment
Kang Cao invested less than $400 in the early days of GMAT Pill and improved from 690 to 760, got OFF the waiting list at his MBA program, AND got a $50,000 scholarship (that's half of business school paid for by somebody else). Here is audio interview:
https://www.gmatpill.com/the-gmat-pill-m ... l-student/

Example 2: James - From <$400 to $93,000 MBA Scholarship @ LBS; >232x on his investment
James invested less than $400 and scored 770 (48Q, 48V), 8/8 IR, 6/6 AWA (previously in low 600s)
He a got a FULL 2-year scholarship at London Business School -- that's $93,000 paid by somebody else
https://www.gmatpill.com/mba/93k-mba-sch ... ss-school/

There are plenty of other stories you can check out GMATPill.com

You can't beat the above stories when it comes to ROI. No other prep company has placed both a non-native and a native English speaker into top business schools with these kinds of ROIs. Of course, you can't come in expecting these kinds of returns, but these two examples show the kinds of score improvements GMATPILL-ers have experienced. The scholarship money is icing on the cake.

SC Pill continues to be a success among GMATPill students. Keep in my mind we focus on speed learning techniques -- as such, our course material moves along faster and you do NOT need 2-3 months of study. We shorten that time by using speed learning techniques to allow you to be extremely efficient, finish the GMAT in a short period of time, and move on with your life. Hopefully you won't still be hanging around GMAT forums as you will have been done with the GMAT and moved on to your essays etc.

Sample SC Video: https://www.gmatpill.com/sentencecorrect ... -lo-mo.mp4

CR Pill utilizes a visualization approach combined with speed learning frameworks. The entire CR Pill was upgraded a few months ago with new videos better explaining the CR speed learning techniques and the new CR Pill is unlike any other CR approach on the market. In particular, other courses may use fancy words like "premise" and explain things with hard-to-comprehend text, but CR Pill makes all explanations VISUAL and utilizes the Table-Top Framework. Here is a brief glimpse into the CR strategy:
introduction-to-strengthens-cr-questions-154940.html
the-7-cr-question-types-you-need-to-know-156903.html

Sample CR Diagram:

RC Pill uses a unique reading strategy to help you digest a complex boring passage and you can try a few of the free samples on our site.
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1859 [1]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
GMATPill wrote:
Hey guys,

There are plenty of other stories you can check out GMATPill.com :-D

So does other companies have......What is so fascinating about gmat pill............Other test companies also present similar maths......

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!!!!!!
Archit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
Hi,

M planning to take GMat in 3 months. I' luk'g for an online prep tool.

Can anyone pls suggest which is the best course to join. Is Economist GMAT Tutor is worth?

Thanks,
Virender :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 11-28-2013
Send PM
Hey,

Which one did you finally take and what is your review about the same. I am also confused between e-GMAT and GMAT pill for SC.

Cheers,
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Vaibhavnov wrote:
Hey,

Which one did you finally take and what is your review about the same. I am also confused between e-GMAT and GMAT pill for SC.

Cheers,

You can also read reviews of members and decide.. https://gmatclub.com/reviews/

PS- Dont post same query on all threads.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2