Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 00:30 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 00:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
 1   2   3  ...  52   
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [5]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4065 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
mindstatements wrote:
I hope the link below can answer some of your questions:

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... ions/Apply

They have deadlines and say that essays will be posted by the end of the month.

Thanks for the link.

Any idea on what are the recommendation questions?Have the published that yet? I don't see any on the page!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Essays were posted today:

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... ssays.aspx

1 Imagine that you are at the Texas MBA Orientation for the Class of 2016. Please introduce yourself to your new classmates, and include any personal and/or professional aspects that you believe to be significant. Select only one communication method that you would like to use for your response.
Write an essay (250 words)
Share a video introduction (one minute)
Share your https://gmatclub.com/chat profile

2 In the Texas MBA program we value our tight-knit and highly collaborative culture. Outside of your professional goals, please discuss why you are a good fit with the Texas MBA program and how you intend to impact the Texas MBA community? (250 words)

3 What do you hope to gain from your Texas MBA experience? How do you expect to develop, both personally and professionally, during the Texas MBA program? (250 words)

Optional Essay: Please provide any additional information to the Admissions Committee that you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application. (200 words)

For example, if your standardized test scores are not exactly what you would like them to be or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (i.e. calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting, or finance), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. Discuss any unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, or any significant weaknesses in your application or extenuating personal circumstances that you think may impact your candidacy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Does anyone here know how generous McCombs is with scholarships for international students ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
McCombs is not very generous with Scholarships or any other forms of Financial Aid. Moreover, they don't have co-signor free loans for internationals. And to add to it, the tuition fee is no less to compensate these factors. I know people getting only 2K to 3K tuition fee waiver per year.

The way dollar rate is swindling, it just puts internationals on a sloppy ground, unsure about the real cost of education until they pass out.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBAKelley wrote:
McCombs is not very generous with Scholarships or any other forms of Financial Aid. Moreover, they don't have co-signor free loans for internationals. And to add to it, the tuition fee is no less to compensate these factors. I know people getting only 2K to 3K tuition fee waiver per year.

The way dollar rate is swindling, it just puts internationals on a sloppy ground, unsure about the real cost of education until they pass out.

Hey there,
It's really tough news that McCombs is not that generous in Scholarship if I were to follow your words...! I'd assume that you've some authentic source of this info...

The US$ vs foreign currency fluctuations are really taking a heavy toll on internationals and on top of that NO co-signor free loans is an additional burden/hindrance for internationals for these schools (re: McCombs/ CBS etc.)... :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
You may look at UNC Kenan-Flagler. The school ranks pretty much in the same bracket as McCombs, but the best part is that they have arrangement for co-signor free loans for internationals.

Getting loan in dollar terms and paying back in the same currency will insulate you from currency fluctuations. Moreover, interest rates are pretty less (at least as compared to that in India)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MBAKelley wrote:
You may look at UNC Kenan-Flagler. The school ranks pretty much in the same bracket as McCombs, but the best part is that they have arrangement for co-signor free loans for internationals.

Getting loan in dollar terms and paying back in the same currency will insulate you from currency fluctuations. Moreover, interest rates are pretty less (at least as compared to that in India)

I resonate you dude...! and that's why I said that the schools that are not offering any co-signor free loans for internationals, are not a great choice at all (at least in my opinion) consdeirng currency fluctuations as your insulation is *vanished*...!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3137 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
While McCombs may not be as generous with scholarships as some of the other schools, you should also consider that the program cost itself is 15-20k lesser than a lot of the other top 20 schools.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
While McCombs may not be as generous with scholarships as some of the other schools, you should also consider that the program cost itself is 15-20k lesser than a lot of the other top 20 schools.

Hey man!
That might be the reason...! but I'd say the biggest hindrance in applying to these schools(re McCombs, CBS etc.) is *not offering any co-signor free loans for internationals*...at least for people like me who depend heavily on education-loans...

BTW,how do you plan to finance yours? Self-funding or else? :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3137 [0]
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Hey man!
That might be the reason...! but I'd say the biggest hindrance in applying to these schools(re McCombs, CBS etc.) is *not offering any co-signor free loans for internationals*...at least for people like me who depend heavily on education-loans...

EDIT
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

Hey man!

EDIT

Aha! that's great...! Sent you a PM on this discussion..Have a check and let me know your thoughts.
VP
VP
Send PM
Okay.. Submitted my application and just received the link to the mystatus page.. I had requested for a TOEFL waiver since my undergraduation was entirely in English... The requirements still asks for a TOEFL score to be submitted... :?
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1882 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
How important is the linked in profile to be shared on application portal

Archit
Retired Moderator
Send PM
MacFauz wrote:
Okay.. Submitted my application and just received the link to the mystatus page.. I had requested for a TOEFL waiver since my undergraduation was entirely in English... The requirements still asks for a TOEFL score to be submitted... :?

ATB MacFauz...! :)

But that's really surprising (re TOEFL) :shock: I think you may want to reach out to Adcom to clarify the same as I believe this shouldn't be the case.

Keep posting please...
VP
VP
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
MacFauz wrote:

ATB MacFauz...! :)

But that's really surprising (re TOEFL) :shock: I think you may want to reach out to Adcom to clarify the same as I believe this shouldn't be the case.

Keep posting please...

Thanks bagdbmba... :) I already have sent a mail to them... As luck would have it, I received this mail only today morning (friday night in austin).. I'll have to wait till Monday to get any reply..

Hope it works out.. I won't be able to make Round1 if I have to take the TOEFL or IELTS...
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Yeah! you should be given waiver...! So far I know, generally b-schools don't demand TOEFL or so from Indian candidates unless one's Verbal score is reason for raising eyebrows :wink:

Let's hope for the best and let us know what they say on Monday...

P.S: Did you check it out with any of the last year's accepted Indian applicant at UT, if any, on the forum?
VP
VP
Send PM
I guess I should have.. I really wasn't anticipating this situation... I thought a decent Verbal and AWA plus an English undergarduate degree would get me the waiver... Hoping for the best... I'll keep this thread updated about how this goes... :)
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts