Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 23:43 It is currently 02 May 2024, 23:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 186
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
WE:Consulting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
jgn24 wrote:

Hi All,

I know these past few months have been trying, waiting on admit decisions and/or potential funding packages isn't always a joy. I was in the same situation a few years ago and began playing this assumption game when my friends and I didn't hear the news we wanted with $$$. My suggestion...try not to make assumptions. I didn't receive $$$ immediately and was fortunate enough to attain some funding before enrollment.

From what I've heard as a current gtown student, round 1 matriculation has been overly successful and may explain the lack of reported R2 packages offered on this board. Perhaps it's just the small sample size of this forum that isn't indicative of true outcomes. Claims that the endowment or alumni support are hurting are completely basely and contrary to actual results (that are made public). Completely understand if a candidates decision is predicated upon funding but let's make sure we are self aware of the entire situation before slandering schools that dish out an undesired result.

Welcome Weekend is approaching and I definitely suggest attending to learn more about the program and the accepted/matriculating applicants.

Good luck everyone!

I was able to attend a happy hour in NYC but can't make this Welcome Weekend. Will there be additional Welcome Weekends or other admitted student events planned by the program?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on here that is turning down their admittance letter from the evening program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
jgn24 wrote:

Hi All,

I know these past few months have been trying, waiting on admit decisions and/or potential funding packages isn't always a joy. I was in the same situation a few years ago and began playing this assumption game when my friends and I didn't hear the news we wanted with $$$. My suggestion...try not to make assumptions. I didn't receive $$$ immediately and was fortunate enough to attain some funding before enrollment.

From what I've heard as a current gtown student, round 1 matriculation has been overly successful and may explain the lack of reported R2 packages offered on this board. Perhaps it's just the small sample size of this forum that isn't indicative of true outcomes. Claims that the endowment or alumni support are hurting are completely basely and contrary to actual results (that are made public). Completely understand if a candidates decision is predicated upon funding but let's make sure we are self aware of the entire situation before slandering schools that dish out an undesired result.

Welcome Weekend is approaching and I definitely suggest attending to learn more about the program and the accepted/matriculating applicants.

Good luck everyone!

Good post, while it would be great if there were more scholarships we don't actually know the whole situation. You mentioned receiving some money later in the process, do you mind explaining how this happened and around when? I really like the Georgetown program but probably know I won't be able to attend without scholarship money. I am considering attending the admitted students weekend however to see if there are other opportunities
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
webster11 wrote:
jgn24 wrote:

Hi All,

Good luck everyone!

Good post, while it would be great if there were more scholarships we don't actually know the whole situation. You mentioned receiving some money later in the process, do you mind explaining how this happened and around when? I really like the Georgetown program but probably know I won't be able to attend without scholarship money. I am considering attending the admitted students weekend however to see if there are other opportunities

This is just a guess but I would think money becomes available over time as scholarship awarded applicants maybe decide to attend elsewhere. Perhaps a student is deciding to attend Georgetown with money vs. a CBS without any. For example, I heard there was a student during orientation last year (maybe the year prior) that switched to Northwestern after getting off the wait-list. If this person had a scholarship, what happens to that money? If that same scenario occurs in earlier rounds, again what happens to the money? After getting accepted I figured it doesn't hurt if we flat out ask admissions for aid assuming the above scenario does take place.

Just my 2 cents.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
TSTWILL wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on here that is turning down their admittance letter from the evening program?

TSTWILL, are you considering declining, and if so, may I ask why? Asking as an admitted EP applicant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrwise wrote:
TSTWILL wrote:

TSTWILL, are you considering declining, and if so, may I ask why? Asking as an admitted EP applicant.

No, quite the opposite. I am Waitlisted, wanted to see if any spots may be opening up in the EP.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Ah got it. Seems the EP program is admitting students at a decent clip. The lack of scholarships isn't that big a dealbreaker for folks, although it would certainly help if there were scholarships for EPs...:-/ Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has everyone received their official admit letter/package in the mail? I received the USB but still no letter in my mailbox...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Send PM
kxc wrote:
Has everyone received their official admit letter/package in the mail? I received the USB but still no letter in my mailbox...

I think the USB is all they are sending in the mail. The official letter can be seen online in the application
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
The school did not send out application submission email confirmation to applicants???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone,

I've decided to decline my spot in favor of moving full force toward a career in film / entertainment. Despite my love for McD, I'll be moving West. Hope someone on the wait list receives a call soon!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nyflla wrote:
Hey everyone,

I've decided to decline my spot in favor of moving full force toward a career in film / entertainment. Despite my love for McD, I'll be moving West. Hope someone on the wait list receives a call soon!

evening or full time?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TSTWILL wrote:
nyflla wrote:
Hey everyone,

evening or full time?

Full time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Anyone attended the Welcome Weekend from MSB decided to matriculated? Please share your impression and experiences here! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.31
WE:Medicine and Health (Investment Banking)
Send PM
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Anyone attended the Welcome Weekend from MSB decided to matriculated? Please share your impression and experiences here! :)

yeah, share some info pls..
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10029 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting are conducting a webinar for the applicants got dinged this year. This is your opportunity to get expert guidance and build a smart strategy for the next application round/season. Webinar will be conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session - this is your opportunity to ask your specific questions.

One lucky attendee will get the opportunity to have his/her (dinged) profile evaluated by Jon Frank during the session. If you'd like to be chosen for this opportunity, please email info@admissionado.com with the subject line "GMAT Club Webinar - Choose me!". Please include your name, nationality, age, GMAT score and a list of schools where you were dinged. And please also attach your essays + resume + LORs from one of your applications. Winner will be notified via email on April 16th!

Here are the details of Webinar

Title :- Dealing with a Ding
Day & Date :- Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time :- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EDT
NOTE :- There are only 100 spots available, so sign up early!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
It's been more than a week since the WL additional submissions deadline passed. Anyone here heard from them yet?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts