GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Jan 2020, 11:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
WE: Other (Energy and Utilities)
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2014, 22:35
I am also R2 WL-ed and haven't heard from MSB either. The notification for R3 is later this month indeed but that would be a bit late for international candidates (like me) eh? Has anybody WL-ed candidate (R2) been interviewed; at least the international candidates? Also, have all R1 WL-ed candidates got a firm admit decision by now or are they carried over into this pool along with R2 WLs?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2014, 23:20
AksConsult wrote:
I am also R2 WL-ed and haven't from MSB either. The notification for R3 is later this month indeed but that would be a bit late for international candidates (like me) eh? Has anybody WL-ed candidate (R2) been interviewed; at least the international candidates? Also, have all R1 WL-ed candidates got a firm admit decision by now or are they carried over into this pool along with R2 WLs?

Well, I was waitlisted after interview in R1, and was again asked to continue on the waitlist in R2. :/
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 01:17
I am also R2 waitlisted candidate and haven't heard anything about the process. As I see from website the deadline for notification to last round is 15th of May. All waitlisted will be notified about decision at this date or not? I hope the waiting process would end at this date! If it is extended to the last deposit payment date, international candidates like me may have visa problems.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 2.87
WE: Research (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 08:42
R2 waitlister here.

I called them on Monday and was told we would receive an update on May 15th (R3 decision day). This update can be an admit, ding, or an offer to continue on the waitlist...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 09:15
bdowney wrote:
R2 waitlister here.

I called them on Monday and was told we would receive an update on May 15th (R3 decision day). This update can be an admit, ding, or an offer to continue on the waitlist...

thanks; i was planning to call them today for the same thing.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 10:28
Just an FYI about Graduate Student Loan Rates were posted today on the Bloomberg home page

Highlights:

Stafford loan rates for graduate students will rise from 5.41% to 6.21% starting July for 2014-2015 year
PLUS Loans for graduate students will go to 7.21% from 6.41%
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q36 V41
GMAT 2: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 3: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 4: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 5: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE: Underwriter (Other)

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 15:37
For anyone that has submitted their deposit, what is the next step? Should we be doing anything or is just a matter of showing up on August 5th for orientation?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 06:50
doggdetroit wrote:
For anyone that has submitted their deposit, what is the next step? Should we be doing anything or is just a matter of showing up on August 5th for orientation?

You have to send your official transcripts. They will also send you info for the online summer class you need to take.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 07:54
bdowney wrote:
R2 waitlister here.

Thanks~do they need to interview again?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 2.87
WE: Research (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 08:37
zhishou wrote:
bdowney wrote:
R2 waitlister here.

Thanks~do they need to interview again?

I doubt it, although I'm sure they will ask if this is necessary. It sounds like we are just getting thrown into the R3 pool.

Next Thursday can't come soon enough...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 06:27
If MSB notifies applicants similar to rounds 1 and 2, phones calls and email start coming in today. GL to all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 13:24
The waiting is killing me. I got an e-mail at 3:30 2 days before the deadline last time. But looks like no one is getting any news. Ugh.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 13:36
GmatNY86 wrote:
The waiting is killing me. I got an e-mail at 3:30 2 days before the deadline last time. But looks like no one is getting any news. Ugh.

Oh I can SO relate to you! Hang in there, hopefully it'll be worth it for some of us at least :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 13:40
kaustubhkul wrote:
GmatNY86 wrote:

Oh I can SO relate to you! Hang in there, hopefully it'll be worth it for some of us at least :)

Thanks. I saw that I had 2 new e-mails and got excited, but it wasn't them. Still glad it was topical, at least.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 13:51
GmatNY86 wrote:
kaustubhkul wrote:
GmatNY86 wrote:

Thanks. I saw that I had 2 new e-mails and got excited, but it wasn't them. Still glad it was topical, at least.

I'm in the same exact boat.... Michigan AND MSB. I'm tweaking out. Every phone call/email is more suspenseful than House of Cards.....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 13:59
anujkhatiwada wrote:
I'm in the same exact boat.... Michigan AND MSB. I'm tweaking out. Every phone call/email is more suspenseful than House of Cards.....

I got McCombs and Tepper also. Tepper does a very Tepper thing and sends them all out at the same, time which is good for my health. McCombs, can be whatever. I got an e-mail from McCombs asking me about my interest, if I got accepted into other schools, and what my career goals are. Not everyone got that e-mail and I really thought it was promising. The response to me said that they don't know when they'll give me a final decision. Pretty deflating.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 14:04
Last portal check of the day for me... still no update. Hopefully we get some updates tomorrow and don't have to wait until the 15th!
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 14:11
GmatNY86 wrote:
anujkhatiwada wrote:

I got McCombs and Tepper also. Tepper does a very Tepper thing and sends them all out at the same, time which is good for my health. McCombs, can be whatever. I got an e-mail from McCombs asking me about my interest, if I got accepted into other schools, and what my career goals are. Not everyone got that e-mail and I really thought it was promising. The response to me said that they don't know when they'll give me a final decision. Pretty deflating.

Yeah I saw that some McCombs folks were getting that. I figured since they are a few weeks away I won't fret quite as much yet. Hopefully either Michigan or MSB make me really happy here in the next two days. Good luck to everybody!

Fingers and toes crossed!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 14:40
anujkhatiwada wrote:
GmatNY86 wrote:
anujkhatiwada wrote:

Yeah I saw that some McCombs folks were getting that. I figured since they are a few weeks away I won't fret quite as much yet. Hopefully either Michigan or MSB make me really happy here in the next two days. Good luck to everybody!

Fingers and toes crossed!

The folks in the McCombs thread were saying that it's a good sign, then I get an e-mail that said that they can't tell me when their final decision will be. So I figure, false alarm? Is it still a good sign?
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 15:30
Quote:
The folks in the McCombs thread were saying that it's a good sign, then I get an e-mail that said that they can't tell me when their final decision will be. So I figure, false alarm? Is it still a good sign?

I would assume that it's a good sign. If they want to know more information about you I would assume that they are clearly still interested, yet I don't know. Hopefully i'll get one of those soon???

Good luck
AK
GMAT Club Bot
Re: McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 13 May 2014, 15:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28    Next  [ 557 posts ] 

McDonough (Georgetown) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, MsInvBanker