Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 18:12 It is currently 03 May 2024, 18:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 06-30-2014
GPA: 3.99
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73003 [1]
Given Kudos: 18906
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 7219 [1]
Given Kudos: 193
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello, I saw negative (-ve) Kudos at someone's profile, I don't remember.... what does that mean?
Can we give -ve Kudos?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
Schools: AGSM '16
GMAT Date: 11-30-2014
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Kudos
Hey this is the most innovative thing I have seen amongst my preperation in past exams.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for your post on Kudos and information on getting Kudos "by completing profile". 4 more to go :)

25 is not daunting number! but definitely you have to dedicate some time on the forum - which is very reasonable, for the prize you get :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [1]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
megafan wrote:
What I am leading to is - if you have any suggestions or ideas how to improve the templates or make the user interface better - PLEASE - share your thoughts -I will be happy to implement or try to.

BB! I've a couple of key suggestions! :-D

1. In the verbal section there are instances where the same question is on multiple threads. In the Quant section we can often see Bunuel merging similar topics and reminding the users the rules of posting. I'm not expecting the moderators to do this. This would be a tedious task. Can the merging of similar topics be automated?

Similarly before an users posts a topic, can we have a system check to ensure that the user doesn't post an already existing topic? This feature is there in FB. If the first few words you type in a help question is similar to what is existing the user is not allowed to post his/her question. The user is directed to similar questions. This restriction of course would only be for the PS/DS/CR/RC/SC and IR sections. :-D

2. I've started taking the club tests and I LOVE THEM. But, the keyboard shortcuts allowed in the real thing - next question & confirm submit at least - are not enabled. Can we have keyboard shortcuts enabled in the tests?

Further, can we have tests in the format of: Quant - no result pop up - timed/untimed break - verbal - quant & verbal scores along with overall score pop up?

Can we have more verbal CATs too! :-)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73003 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
joseph0alexander wrote:
bb wrote:
megafan wrote:
What I am leading to is - if you have any suggestions or ideas how to improve the templates or make the user interface better - PLEASE - share your thoughts -I will be happy to implement or try to.

BB! I've a couple of key suggestions! :-D

1. In the verbal section there are instances where the same question is on multiple threads. In the Quant section we can often see Bunuel merging similar topics and reminding the users the rules of posting. I'm not expecting the moderators to do this. This would be a tedious task. Can the merging of similar topics be automated?

Similarly before an users posts a topic, can we have a system check to ensure that the user doesn't post an already existing topic? This feature is there in FB. If the first few words you type in a help question is similar to what is existing the user is not allowed to post his/her question. The user is directed to similar questions. This restriction of course would only be for the PS/DS/CR/RC/SC and IR sections. :-D

2. I've started taking the club tests and I LOVE THEM. But, the keyboard shortcuts allowed in the real thing - next question & confirm submit at least - are not enabled. Can we have keyboard shortcuts enabled in the tests?

Further, can we have tests in the format of: Quant - no result pop up - timed/untimed break - verbal - quant & verbal scores along with overall score pop up?

Can we have more verbal CATs too! :-)

Thank you very much for your suggestions and the kind perspective.

1. Yes - we have considered this system a few times but all of those times we found an argument not to do it. Perhaps it is time to revisit.... As to automating the merging, there is a bit more going on there (Bunuel actually deletes useless posts and leaves only one useful thread; he does not merge all posts but instead merges only the best ones and the others are left locked or deleted). Souvik is starting this process, but it is a bit slow starting due to his recent GMAC summit trip. Let me look into this again - it is a good point about the look up system. I will rekindle this project/idea/concept.

2. Can you tell me exactly what shortcuts (all of them) you use? Right now ENTER works for confirm and submit, so double enter is enough to do that).

At the moment, probably can't have the full test experience unfortunately. You would have to time your brake on your own. The tests are not setup to be as a single test... sorry. Could you tell me the weakness or the main issue with taking the tests the way they are now - is that learning your score? or self-timing your break?

Finally, as to the Verbal Tests - we are adding them slowly. About 5 questions per week.. RC is the biggest weakness at the moment. So there are questions enough for about 7 tests... just not enough RC's. They are tricky to create and we have not attempted as the result. I guess we can venture out of our comfort zone sooner or later. If anyone is good at verbal and would like to take a crack at Verbal questions - Would love to hire them. If you know anyone, please let me know.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi BB. I am glad you like my views and am thrilled to read your detailed response and action plan for making the club much better! PFB my response inline in blue.

bb wrote:
Thank you very much for your suggestions and the kind perspective.

1. Yes - we have considered this system a few times but all of those times we found an argument not to do it. Perhaps it is time to revisit.... As to automating the merging, there is a bit more going on there (Bunuel actually deletes useless posts and leaves only one useful thread; he does not merge all posts but instead merges only the best ones and the others are left locked or deleted). Souvik is starting this process, but it is a bit slow starting due to his recent GMAC summit trip. Let me look into this again - it is a good point about the look up system. I will rekindle this project/idea/concept. Wow this is good news.

:) My best wishes to the team for all success in this project/idea/concept. I strongly believe this process should be automated to the extent possible though, if feasible. At the end of the day, this is unproductive work for the moderators, moderators for whom the GMAT student community is highly thankful! :) Their time could be used better. :)

2. Can you tell me exactly what shortcuts (all of them) you use? Right now ENTER works for confirm and submit, so double enter is enough to do that).

I was not aware of the enter and double enter. I'll try that. :)

In GMAT Prep I use Ctrl +N for next after I choose an option and thereafter when the pop up appears I use Ctrl + Y to confirm. Here are the other shortcuts available.
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 97.18 KiB | Viewed 3787 times ]
Hope this helps! :)

At the moment, probably can't have the full test experience unfortunately. You would have to time your brake on your own. The tests are not setup to be as a single test... sorry. Could you tell me the weakness or the main issue with taking the tests the way they are now - is that learning your score? or self-timing your break?

LEARNING THE SCORE. The last and only time I took the GMAT, I felt the quant session to be extra easy. How I remember feeling it then is that "I didn't need the scratch pad for the last 10 questions" (could be hyped due to text anxiety). I felt I did my quant miserably and screwed up in verbal. When the results came, I got the 47 I always was getting in quaunt and my Verbal score dropped from 36/37 to 31! :( How I remember feeling it now is "duh! Quant is pretty easy!"

BB, can we at least have a system, where one can submit their quant test and choose whether
a) they want to see their score right now OR
b) proceed to take a verbal CAT and view both CAT results later?

Finally, as to the Verbal Tests - we are adding them slowly. About 5 questions per week.. RC is the biggest weakness at the moment. So there are questions enough for about 7 tests... just not enough RC's. They are tricky to create and we have not attempted as the result. I guess we can venture out of our comfort zone sooner or later. If anyone is good at verbal and would like to take a crack at Verbal questions - Would love to hire them. If you know anyone, please let me know.
I am very glad to know that you guys are working on increasing the count of verbal tests :-D and can visualize the pain in creating RC questions :cry: . I hope to help the community post my retake and school applications.

BB, just a thought. Since you view that you can venture out of your comfort zone for creating verbal questions and are inviting people to work towards this goal, I believe this should be the headlines in the GMAT Club newsletters and home page for the next few days. I am assertive many would like to volunteer and few will volunteer! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Right now ENTER works for confirm and submit, so double enter is enough to do that.

BB can you add this as a part of the instructions before a test/quiz, I think it is not there (I'd checked the don't show me the instructions again and so I am not sure if this shortcut is a part of the instructions)

Further, in the screen where the question and explanation is there, can we have the difficulty of the question on that screen along with how many people got the question correct/wrong and the users time vs average correct and average wrong time?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73003 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
joseph0alexander wrote:
bb wrote:
Right now ENTER works for confirm and submit, so double enter is enough to do that.

BB can you add this as a part of the instructions before a test/quiz, I think it is not there (I'd checked the don't show me the instructions again and so I am not sure if this shortcut is a part of the instructions)

Sure - it is an "unofficial" shortcut so we have not listed it it there. We will get the shortcuts fixed/worked out ASAP.

Quote:
Further, in the screen where the question and explanation is there, can we have the difficulty of the question on that screen along with how many people got the question correct/wrong and the users time vs average correct and average wrong time?

You mean to move it from where it is right now (on the Stats tab/button)? screenshot attached.
Attachments

2014-12-01_1809.png
2014-12-01_1809.png [ 198.39 KiB | Viewed 3661 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
You mean to move it from where it is right now (on the Stats tab/button)? screenshot attached.

Yes BB! May be we could have it in between the present 2nd and and 3rd row. It would be great if the entire stats can sit in 2 rows.

While practicing questions on the club, I find the stats very useful. I look at the options which many test takers chose wrong the maximum and try to analyse how I can avoid falling in such traps. I take such screen shots of questions and put nice traps on my error log. I'd be glad to see this stats in the club tests too easily so that I can update my error log easily. :-D It's not about laziness but about convenience! :)
Attachment:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 32.91 KiB | Viewed 3642 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT Date: 12-30-2014
Send PM
I cannot find the +1 button for kudos for my profile.Can someone please help me with this??
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 621007 [1]
Given Kudos: 81742
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
LUC999 wrote:
I cannot find the +1 button for kudos for my profile.Can someone please help me with this??

You cannot have +1 KUDOS on your profile because you cannot kudos yourself. Everyone else will have (see) this button on your profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT Date: 12-30-2014
Send PM
Thank you
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2699 [1]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q46 V24
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
That's a nice idea with Kudo's, but why do people get so many Kudo's for posting worthless comments in the forum, and some people get only 1 or none Kudo's for solving complex problems.....
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73003 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
BrainLab wrote:
That's a nice idea with Kudo's, but why do people get so many Kudo's for posting worthless comments in the forum, and some people get only 1 or none Kudo's for solving complex problems.....

I don't know the answer, but I have an explanation - HUMAN NATURE...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Social Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hello BB,

I would like to know that, how I can redeem my kudos to get premium membership?

Thanks,
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73003 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
lipsi18 wrote:
Hello BB,

I would like to know that, how I can redeem my kudos to get premium membership?

Thanks,

Hi. You cannot. However, you can redeem them for access to the GMAT Club tests.

Best Regards,
BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink]
Kudos
Dear GmatClub Moderators,

I take great pain to inform you that my previous account(User ID- gmt1) has been deactivated and when I tried to reactivate it, this information showed up:

"Your account has been manually deactivated and is only able to be reactivated by an administrator.".

I have spent enough of my time posting stuffs and views to earn 'Kudos' apart form utilizing the resource. I earned 25 kudos by yesterday (9 june 2015) and unlocked the tests for 3 months.
And now this IS NOT funny that you have 'Manually' deactivated my account. I have not invested my valuable time and effort only to get such nonsensical message from your forum.
I would request you to check the issues and reactivate my account. (Hope this post will not be deleted!)

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thanks a lot!
TestTaker
GMAT Club Bot
Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13