Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:38 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all WHU MBA (April/Sept) 2019 Intake MBA Applicants! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Madhusudhan365 wrote:
Hello,

WHU MBA is offered by Otto Beisheim School of Management in Germany and is one of the top ranked course in Germany for MBA.
It is placed after Mannheim & ESMT for MBA's in Germany.

It has applicants all over the world and has a class intake of ~50 members for April & September every year.

Regards,
Madhusudhan Reddy

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've added the program in forum database so that people can add it on their profiles. Applicant stats and app updates can also be seen in the first post. Good luck to all WHU MBA aspirants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys,

I have been admitted to the Full Time April 2019 Intake. Whoever is admitted and will join WHU, let's connect!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
GMAT Date: 07-30-2015
Send PM
kratosrage wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have been admitted to the Full Time April 2019 Intake. Whoever is admitted and will join WHU, let's connect!

Hi buddy, I am applying to WHU. Is it fine if we connect privately/msges. If yes, it would be great if you can msg me your email id so that I can seek guidance from you.
Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
rajatbanik wrote:
kratosrage wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hi buddy, I am applying to WHU. Is it fine if we connect privately/msges. If yes, it would be great if you can msg me your email id so that I can seek guidance from you.
Thank you

You can message me on gmatclub. If you feel that your question(s) will be helpful to other applicants as well, then I would suggest to post it on the forum thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 91
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey!

Any applicants for Fall 2019 intake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.49
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
SugandhaM wrote:
Hey!

Any applicants for Fall 2019 intake?

Hi,

I am applying for Sept 2019 intake. Can you PM me your contact details?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all, congratulations to everyone that got in! I have some queries that I really need help with, and I would be really thankful if anyone can help me out here:

I am looking to apply to the MBA September 2019 intake. I'm an Indian male engineer and I have 5 years of work exp (not totally IT) along with 670 on the GMAT. I want to know about the chances someone with my profile has with WHU, some essay tips and post MBA prospects.

Thank you all for your time!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
shiningstar123 wrote:
Hi all, congratulations to everyone that got in! I have some queries that I really need help with, and I would be really thankful if anyone can help me out here:

I am looking to apply to the MBA September 2019 intake. I'm an Indian male engineer and I have 5 years of work exp (not totally IT) along with 670 on the GMAT. I want to know about the chances someone with my profile has with WHU, some essay tips and post MBA prospects.

Thank you all for your time!!

Hello,

For profile evaluation, I would suggest to avail CV Check service provided by the adcom on the website. Adcom will be in the best position to give a reply to you regarding your candidature. For essay tips, I think you can easily find resources on the internet to write concise essays. For post MBA prospects, check their career services section. Also, chat with an alumni (eg. on Linkedin) who has his/her current profile aligned to your post MBA goals. They will be in a better position to help you.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
kratosrage wrote:
Hello,

For profile evaluation, I would suggest to avail CV Check service provided by the adcom on the website. Adcom will be in the best position to give a reply to you regarding your candidature. For essay tips, I think you can easily find resources on the internet to write concise essays. For post MBA prospects, check their career services section. Also, chat with an alumni (eg. on Linkedin) who has his/her current profile aligned to your post MBA goals. They will be in a better position to help you.

Thanks kratosrage for helping out new applicants with your great advice. I appreciate your efforts! :-)

I've always wondered how WHU and most other 1 yr MBA programs from Europe help students who are looking to career switch after MBA. I don't think you get internship in these programs, right?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
kratosrage wrote:
Hello,

Thanks kratosrage for helping out new applicants with your great advice. I appreciate your efforts! :-)

I've always wondered how WHU and most other 1 yr MBA programs from Europe help students who are looking to career switch after MBA. I don't think you get internship in these programs, right?

From what I have read, you need to do an internship after your MBA if you're doing a function/sector switch.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just came across this blog post on GMAC's blog. Does that mean WHU was not accepting GMAT scores for the evaluation earlier?

https://blog.gmac.com/gmac-advisor/rest ... ducation-0
Quote:
GMAC Welcomes Three New Business Schools to its Membership

ESCP Europe, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, and Xavier University Bhubaneswar provide expertise and insight to support the GMAC mission. The addition of these three new schools brings total membership to 225.

“GMAC continues to strengthen our membership of graduate business schools that are not only working to address the changing needs of students, but also understanding the landscape and what can be done to better prepare students for their careers,” said Sangeet Chowfla, president and CEO of GMAC.

Select business schools are invited to apply for GMAC membership by its Board of Directors. Each school goes through a comprehensive application process that addresses the sustained commitments to supporting GMAC’s mission: providing the tools and information necessary for schools and talent to discover and evaluate each other.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Just came across this blog post on GMAC's blog. Does that mean WHU was not accepting GMAT scores for the evaluation earlier?

https://blog.gmac.com/gmac-advisor/rest ... ducation-0
Quote:
GMAC Welcomes Three New Business Schools to its Membership

ESCP Europe, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, and Xavier University Bhubaneswar provide expertise and insight to support the GMAC mission. The addition of these three new schools brings total membership to 225.

“GMAC continues to strengthen our membership of graduate business schools that are not only working to address the changing needs of students, but also understanding the landscape and what can be done to better prepare students for their careers,” said Sangeet Chowfla, president and CEO of GMAC.

Select business schools are invited to apply for GMAC membership by its Board of Directors. Each school goes through a comprehensive application process that addresses the sustained commitments to supporting GMAC’s mission: providing the tools and information necessary for schools and talent to discover and evaluate each other.

Every business school needs an analytical evaluation of applicants and they tend to use GMAT scores. WHU is no exception. It has always accepted GMAT. The article states that WHU will now also help GMAC with data such as how global their classrooms are, how many students changed their job function, role, country etc.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
kratosrage wrote:
Every business school needs an analytical evaluation of applicants and they tend to use GMAT scores. WHU is no exception. It has always accepted GMAT. The article states that WHU will now also help GMAC with data such as how global their classrooms are, how many students changed their job function, role, country etc.

Got it. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Send PM
Hi Guys

I have been admitted to the September' 2019 intake. Has anyone else received an admit for my batch?
Admitted
01 Jun, 2018
24 Jan 2019, 16:00
Shivamv GMAT: 730, Q48, V42; GRE: 330; Germany; via Email
*MiM not MBA (Gmat only) [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: WHU MBA"20
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Anyone here, who will be at the Info Session in Cologne on the 21th?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi to everyone !! I have been invited to an interview next week for September 2019 intake. Can anybody give me any indication and/or advise for the interview ??

Thank you in advance
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts