GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 20:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all WHU MBA (April/Sept) 2019 Intake MBA Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all WHU MBA (April/Sept) 2019 Intake MBA Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 23:28
Gilmour92 wrote:
tgfjp wrote:
I have secured admission to the WHU FT MBA starting in Aug 2020. Anyone else joining the program?

Congrats!!!

I've applied to the Fall intake as well and received a Kira invite.

Have you applied for a scholarship? If so, at what stage of the application process did you send the scholarship application?

Thank you. I sent my scholarship application after notification of being admitted. It is the same team which decides on the admission as well as the scholarship. You can actually send your scholarship application anytime. However, it is preferable to send it along with the application or at least once you get notification of an invite to interview so that you can get the decision on admit and scholarship at the same time. This will help you make a decision within the three weeks that you will have to accept or reject your offer.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 02:55
tgfjp wrote:
Gilmour92 wrote:
tgfjp wrote:
I have secured admission to the WHU FT MBA starting in Aug 2020. Anyone else joining the program?

Congrats!!!

I've applied to the Fall intake as well and received a Kira invite.

Have you applied for a scholarship? If so, at what stage of the application process did you send the scholarship application?

Thank you. I sent my scholarship application after notification of being admitted. It is the same team which decides on the admission as well as the scholarship. You can actually send your scholarship application anytime. However, it is preferable to send it along with the application or at least once you get notification of an invite to interview so that you can get the decision on admit and scholarship at the same time. This will help you make a decision within the three weeks that you will have to accept or reject your offer.

All the best!

Thanks a lot.

So how do you plan on learning German? Any idea when the German language courses offered by WHU begin? Also, what level of proficiency is recommended before starting the course?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 03:10
I want to join Goethe. But I can join only weekend classes for now, which begin in 3rd week of March. So until then, just doing self-learning. I will probably enroll in the intensive course one month prior to the start of the program.

WHU German classes are held along with the MBA course, which begins on 29th August. If you want to take classes at Goethe one month (or three months maybe) prior to the start of the MBA course, they will reimburse 50% of the cost.

Recommended proficiency depends on the role you want to get into. For example, if its consultancy, then you would have to be at C1/C2 level. Most jobs are open to only those who are fluent based on what I heard. A friend of mine told me that B1/B2 is a minimum standard requirement for jobs posted by most firms but that level would be sufficient to get into the Indian IT firms for example. But for most other managerial jobs, you'd have to be fluent (C1 I think) in German. That of course is the major hurdle.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 11:45
Hi,

I have my interview for WHU Sept Intake next week.

What are the kind of questions that I can expect?
Are they only centered around our work ex. or can we expect questions relating to global issues, current affairs ( Brexit , German Economy, etc)

My interview is on 19th Feb, so I would really appreciate if anyone can help out.
It would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 23:44
Stargirl2020 wrote:
Hi,

Are they only centered around our work ex. or can we expect questions relating to global issues, current affairs ( Brexit , German Economy, etc)

My interview is on 19th Feb, so I would really appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks in advance.

My interviewers were Megan Heikampf and another gentleman whose name I can't remember.

They did not ask me any questions on global issues or current affairs but since I had mentioned about applying to schools in the UK, France, Germany, they asked me how I went about making my choice. So factors such as the strong Germany economy being advantageous, Brexit uncertainties being a negative factor for pursuing MBA in UK, language issues in France, Germany, etc. became a small talking point.

The questions were mostly centered around my profile, why MBA, why WHU, targeted career path, back-up plan if you don't get into your targeted companies, your strengths and weaknesses, leadership attributes, team management skills, etc. It felt like a lengthy interview (~45-50 mins + 10 mins Q&A), but not a grilling one.

Just know your profile well, what you wrote in your essays, why WHU is the right option for you and prepare (if not already done) for all the generic HR questions that are normally asked in job interviews. Find out as much as you can about the school and why they match with your career goals. It will give the impression that you have done your homework well and that you really want to get into WHU.

All the best!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 19:17
tgfjp wrote:
Stargirl2020 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

My interviewers were Megan Heikampf and another gentleman whose name I can't remember.

They did not ask me any questions on global issues or current affairs but since I had mentioned about applying to schools in the UK, France, Germany, they asked me how I went about making my choice. So factors such as the strong Germany economy being advantageous, Brexit uncertainties being a negative factor for pursuing MBA in UK, language issues in France, Germany, etc. became a small talking point.

The questions were mostly centered around my profile, why MBA, why WHU, targeted career path, back-up plan if you don't get into your targeted companies, your strengths and weaknesses, leadership attributes, team management skills, etc. It felt like a lengthy interview (~45-50 mins + 10 mins Q&A), but not a grilling one.

Just know your profile well, what you wrote in your essays, why WHU is the right option for you and prepare (if not already done) for all the generic HR questions that are normally asked in job interviews. Find out as much as you can about the school and why they match with your career goals. It will give the impression that you have done your homework well and that you really want to get into WHU.

All the best!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and inputs!
Really appreciate it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all WHU MBA (April/Sept) 2019 Intake MBA Applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2020, 19:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 46 posts ] 

Calling all WHU MBA (April/Sept) 2019 Intake MBA Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status