Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all WHU MBA (April/Sept) 2019 Intake MBA Applicants! [#permalink]
I want to join Goethe. But I can join only weekend classes for now, which begin in 3rd week of March. So until then, just doing self-learning. I will probably enroll in the intensive course one month prior to the start of the program.

WHU German classes are held along with the MBA course, which begins on 29th August. If you want to take classes at Goethe one month (or three months maybe) prior to the start of the MBA course, they will reimburse 50% of the cost.

Recommended proficiency depends on the role you want to get into. For example, if its consultancy, then you would have to be at C1/C2 level. Most jobs are open to only those who are fluent based on what I heard. A friend of mine told me that B1/B2 is a minimum standard requirement for jobs posted by most firms but that level would be sufficient to get into the Indian IT firms for example. But for most other managerial jobs, you'd have to be fluent (C1 I think) in German. That of course is the major hurdle.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I have my interview for WHU Sept Intake next week.

What are the kind of questions that I can expect?
Are they only centered around our work ex. or can we expect questions relating to global issues, current affairs ( Brexit , German Economy, etc)

My interview is on 19th Feb, so I would really appreciate if anyone can help out.
It would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Stargirl2020 wrote:
Hi,

Are they only centered around our work ex. or can we expect questions relating to global issues, current affairs ( Brexit , German Economy, etc)

My interview is on 19th Feb, so I would really appreciate if anyone can help out.

Thanks in advance.

My interviewers were Megan Heikampf and another gentleman whose name I can't remember.

They did not ask me any questions on global issues or current affairs but since I had mentioned about applying to schools in the UK, France, Germany, they asked me how I went about making my choice. So factors such as the strong Germany economy being advantageous, Brexit uncertainties being a negative factor for pursuing MBA in UK, language issues in France, Germany, etc. became a small talking point.

The questions were mostly centered around my profile, why MBA, why WHU, targeted career path, back-up plan if you don't get into your targeted companies, your strengths and weaknesses, leadership attributes, team management skills, etc. It felt like a lengthy interview (~45-50 mins + 10 mins Q&A), but not a grilling one.

Just know your profile well, what you wrote in your essays, why WHU is the right option for you and prepare (if not already done) for all the generic HR questions that are normally asked in job interviews. Find out as much as you can about the school and why they match with your career goals. It will give the impression that you have done your homework well and that you really want to get into WHU.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tgfjp wrote:
Stargirl2020 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

My interviewers were Megan Heikampf and another gentleman whose name I can't remember.

They did not ask me any questions on global issues or current affairs but since I had mentioned about applying to schools in the UK, France, Germany, they asked me how I went about making my choice. So factors such as the strong Germany economy being advantageous, Brexit uncertainties being a negative factor for pursuing MBA in UK, language issues in France, Germany, etc. became a small talking point.

The questions were mostly centered around my profile, why MBA, why WHU, targeted career path, back-up plan if you don't get into your targeted companies, your strengths and weaknesses, leadership attributes, team management skills, etc. It felt like a lengthy interview (~45-50 mins + 10 mins Q&A), but not a grilling one.

Just know your profile well, what you wrote in your essays, why WHU is the right option for you and prepare (if not already done) for all the generic HR questions that are normally asked in job interviews. Find out as much as you can about the school and why they match with your career goals. It will give the impression that you have done your homework well and that you really want to get into WHU.

All the best!

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and inputs!
Really appreciate it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Is anyone joining the WHU MBA sept. intake batch or contemplating to do so?
Also how much is the admission fee to be paid to accept /confirm the admission?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Stargirl2020 wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone joining the WHU MBA sept. intake batch or contemplating to do so?
Also how much is the admission fee to be paid to accept /confirm the admission?

The deposit payment is 5,000 EUR, which I think is common for all admitted candidates. You will get 30 days to make the payment AFTER sharing the signed contract with WHU.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All WHU MBA Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All WHU MBA Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All WHU MBA Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated WHU MBA Forum to dive into all things related to WHU MBA's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts