Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
:punk Invited :!:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Invited to interview but cant see any open slots to book skype interview. Anybody else with same issue?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
invited to interview. Indian based in New Delhi.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Sid6 wrote:
Invited to interview but cant see any open slots to book skype interview. Anybody else with same issue?

Posted from my mobile device

Exactly my problem too. No skype slot available.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Occult wrote:
invited to interview. Indian based in New Delhi.

congratulations!! mail or update on site?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone know when the R1 deposit deadline is?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
WallEE wrote:
Does anyone know when the R1 deposit deadline is?

The non-refundable deposit is due March 12th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [5]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Just had my interview earlier this week, and I feel like I presented myself in such a lackluster manner which is a shame since UCLA is absolutely 100% my top choice. #regrets

Submitted on the R2 deadline on Jan 7, received an interview invite Jan 16th. I live abroad, so I initially set up a Skype interview later that month, but then I made last minute plans to visit the US, so I pushed my interview to Feb so I could interview on campus. It was probably a poor choice in retrospect, as my interview was scheduled literally 12 hours after landing; I was nervous, excited and exhausted after a super long haul flight, but oh well. Lesson learned.

Interviewed with a second year student, as the rest have mentioned. Questions were as follows:

1. Walk me through your resume.
    2. Why an MBA now? Why UCLA Anderson?
    3. What is your greatest strength as a leader?
    4. Conversely, what are some qualities you can work on as a team member/leader?
    5. What kind of clubs or activities would you like to get involved in at UCLA?
    6. What is something not on your resume that you'd like to share?
    7. What can you contribute to the class and the school at Anderson?

I could already feel my interview taking a nosedive right around the 3rd or 4th question so I just tried to be as honest and candid as possible. Seeing some of these early admits for R2 makes me wish I had just done the interview over Skype earlier in January, but I'm glad I was able to visit the campus and have my interview face-to-face. However, it was seriously probably my worst interview since I was a freshman in university. Either way, it was a good learning experience, and I'm just grateful to be considered at this point in the process.

Best of luck to everyone else. UCLA is a such a great school and I feel like my interviewer did a really good job of trying to be conversational and getting me to loosen up. I was just really nervous and tired and haven't thought/spoken in English for a while haha. So for those of you preparing to interview, don't be too uptight, don't stress. They're not out there with 'gotcha' questions; I think they just really want to see how you fit with the culture and campus.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Could anyone tell me how much the non-refundable deposit is for Anderson? ... Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
J5D wrote:
Just had my interview earlier this week, and I feel like I presented myself in such a lackluster manner which is a shame since UCLA is absolutely 100% my top choice. #regrets

Submitted on the R2 deadline on Jan 7, received an interview invite Jan 16th. I live abroad, so I initially set up a Skype interview later that month, but then I made last minute plans to visit the US, so I pushed my interview to Feb so I could interview on campus. It was probably a poor choice in retrospect, as my interview was scheduled literally 12 hours after landing; I was nervous, excited and exhausted after a super long haul flight, but oh well. Lesson learned.

Interviewed with a second year student, as the rest have mentioned. Questions were as follows:

1. Walk me through your resume.
    2. Why an MBA now? Why UCLA Anderson?
    3. What is your greatest strength as a leader?
    4. Conversely, what are some qualities you can work on as a team member/leader?
    5. What kind of clubs or activities would you like to get involved in at UCLA?
    6. What is something not on your resume that you'd like to share?
    7. What can you contribute to the class and the school at Anderson?

I could already feel my interview taking a nosedive right around the 3rd or 4th question so I just tried to be as honest and candid as possible. Seeing some of these early admits for R2 makes me wish I had just done the interview over Skype earlier in January, but I'm glad I was able to visit the campus and have my interview face-to-face. However, it was seriously probably my worst interview since I was a freshman in university. Either way, it was a good learning experience, and I'm just grateful to be considered at this point in the process.

Best of luck to everyone else. UCLA is a such a great school and I feel like my interviewer did a really good job of trying to be conversational and getting me to loosen up. I was just really nervous and tired and haven't thought/spoken in English for a while haha. So for those of you preparing to interview, don't be too uptight, don't stress. They're not out there with 'gotcha' questions; I think they just really want to see how you fit with the culture and campus.

Don't worry about not having the best interview. Of all the b-school interviews I had, I think Anderson was my worst one and I managed to get in :) Just remember that the interview is just one data point, and you know that Anderson is interested in you or else they wouldn't have invited you to interview. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Technology, International Business
Send PM
Hey Guys

I got interview and i see i need to send hard copies of degree to UCLA. Is it for real!? Can international candidates please clarify ? I am from India.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
muddu4you wrote:
Hey Guys

I got interview and i see i need to send hard copies of degree to UCLA. Is it for real!? Can international candidates please clarify ? I am from India.

Well, if they ask, it is for real :)

I called them regarding this issue, and they said that in almost all cases schools sent transcript copies without a problem. After some push at my own undergraduate institution, I managed to convince them.

Though, I remember that the Admissions rep. on the phone said that they only had some issues with a number of schools from India, but I can't tell you more. Maybe it should be best to call them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
123MBAme wrote:
Could anyone tell me how much the non-refundable deposit is for Anderson? ... Thanks a lot!

I'm answering my own question after some digging on the website.

Below it's a copy-paste, maybe it's of some use for someone else too..

Accept offer via RESPOND link in admission letter and submit $2,000 non-refundable deposit Mandatory Round 1 admits: By March 12
Round 2 admits: By April 28
Round 3 admits: By deadline in admission letter
Consortium admits: By deadline in admission letter
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Kudos
So I understand that there was a round of early admits for R2 that took place on 2/13/15.

Historically, has Anderson admitted applicants in multiple early waves during a given application round? In other words, is it typically either early admit or hear back on decision date or does history suggest there may be a possibility to hear some good news prior to decision release date of April 2nd?

In terms of my own metrics, I was invited to interview on 1/21 and interviewed on campus on 2/9. With an interview invite date of 1/21, this would be put me roughly 10 days behind all other early admits included on this discussion board. Congratulations by the way for those accepted early!.

I feel excellent about my interview, as well as my natural fit with the culture during my campus visit, but you never know with so many qualified applicants...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Does anyone from Latin America that applied to r2 received an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
JA21 wrote:
So I understand that there was a round of early admits for R2 that took place on 2/13/15.

Historically, has Anderson admitted applicants in multiple early waves during a given application round? In other words, is it typically either early admit or hear back on decision date or does history suggest there may be a possibility to hear some good news prior to decision release date of April 2nd?

In terms of my own metrics, I was invited to interview on 1/21 and interviewed on campus on 2/9. With an interview invite date of 1/21, this would be put me roughly 10 days behind all other early admits included on this discussion board. Congratulations by the way for those accepted early!.

I feel excellent about my interview, as well as my natural fit with the culture during my campus visit, but you never know with so many qualified applicants...

Same questions here, I was invited on 1/20 and interviewed on 2/10. I would love to hear insights into prospects for hearing back sooner rather than later!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
JA21 wrote:

Historically each round has had 1-2 posted early invites on their blog. I believe there are 1-2 additional unposted ones as well (smaller, less formal). I believe, based on historical blog posts, that we should have one round of formal invites by the end of the month.

The 2/13 invite seemed to be mostly west-coast admits, so they can attend the 2/25 admit day events.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts