Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
Big congratulations to those who have been accepted! Here is the link to the admitted student thread, ucla-anderson-class-of-2017-admitted-students-191146.html. Also, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, I am happy to chat!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
emilymom wrote:
I just got my call from UCLA Anderson. I live on the East Coast.
I interviewed on Jan 20 over Skype.
I did not think my interview went very well, so I was a little surprised to receive a call today. So don't lose hope if you think you screwed up your interview. You never really know!

UCLA Anderson is my No.1 choice, so I am super excited right now. :-)
Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Are you planning on coming out for A-Days?

Thanks!!
I don't have details on the D-Days yet, but we will definitely try to make it! Hope to meet you in person then!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call today! In with scholarship!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got call this morning here in SF. Admitted with scholarship! Still got a couple interviews to go through, but this is definitely tipping the scale towards Anderson! Congrats to everyone. And yes, this was just the first wave of admits. I got my invite for R2 on 1/7 and interviewed on 1/26.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
BlueGold818 wrote:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline? thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
youmeitang wrote:
BlueGold818 wrote:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline? thanks!

No problem:

Submitted: Jan 5
Interview Invite: Jan 12
Interviewed: Jan 29

Got visibly nervous during the interview which is not my normal self and honestly thought I wouldn't get the call.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
marg2015 wrote:
Admitted with fellowship! I'm LA based. Got the call at 10:15 am PST. She mentioned an admitted students event on 2/25.
Applied on 1/4 (R2). Invited to interview on 1/7. Interviewed on 1/13 on campus. No change in online status yet.
Congrats to the other admitted folks!! For those still waiting to hear, this is just the first batch of decisions for R2! There are still a lot of interview invitations to go out.

My admission decision went up online at 3pm PST.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Admitted with a substantial fellowship!

Submitted: 1/7 (R2)
Invited to interview: 1/16
Interviewed (Skype): 1/28
Accepted: 2/13 @ 2:16pm EST via phone (VM left at 12:25pm EST)
NYC based, but from LA originally.

I was speechless when I got the call. Congratulations to everyone else who has been accepted and invited to interview!! :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
just checking..did any r2 applicant from india get an admit yet? or an interview done?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V27
GMAT 2: 550 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 620 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.17
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I went to Anderson for a class visit and the student who was there to welcome me told me that she applied for round 2 and got her interview invitation only in mid March. Maybe this year the adcom is working in the same way. Let's wait and see...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Given how quickly some were interviewed and accepted, it seems pretty clear that the longer it takes, the less desirable one is to the school, and the more likely the result is to be a ding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Just seeking a little reassurance: I know that in R1, some people who interviewed within the first week or two of submitting their apps didn't get an admit until the actual decision date. Does anyone have a similar story of being admitted on April 2nd last year despite interviewing in early January?

I'm just feeling really afloat right now because I thought everything went really well but not having heard anything yesterday I'm starting to believe that I'm looking at a ding. (I interviewed Week of 1/19)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V46
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
I interviewed on campus with a 2nd year student at the beginning of last week, I thought it went really well, and I sent my interviewer a 'Thank You' email the following day. But, I still haven't received a reply... It has now been 5 days since I emailed. Should I be concerned?

Has anyone else interviewed and then experienced 'radio-silence' from their interviewer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
Orion17 wrote:
I interviewed on campus with a 2nd year student at the beginning of last week, I thought it went really well, and I sent my interviewer a 'Thank You' email the following day. But, I still haven't received a reply... It has now been 5 days since I emailed. Should I be concerned?

Has anyone else interviewed and then experienced 'radio-silence' from their interviewer?

I wouldn't read too much into that since your interviewer doesn't have insight into your full application. It probably says more about your interviewer's style than how it went. The link below was shared on the Stern page, but UCLA has the second highest acceptance rate of applicants that are invited to interview. As long as your responses matched what was in your app you probably did fine.

https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 2.99
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
These rolling admissions are killer, I still haven't heard a peep from UCLA. Anyone know if they continue to send out invites into March for R2? Or if you don't hear back by end of February that's pretty much it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
jessicmt wrote:
Orion17 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into that since your interviewer doesn't have insight into your full application. It probably says more about your interviewer's style than how it went. The link below was shared on the Stern page, but UCLA has the second highest acceptance rate of applicants that are invited to interview. As long as your responses matched what was in your app you probably did fine.

Ditto on what jess wrote. I'm a round 1 applicant and had the same question a few months earlier because my interviewer didn't respond either. Needless to say, I was an early admit. It is indeed the interviewer's style, and IMO it is pretty damn rude when they don't respond. I get it that they are busy but it's so freakin' EASY to write back something generic like, "Glad you learned from and enjoyed the interview. Good luck with the rest of the admissions process!" Just take note and remember to learn from this lesson if you ever have to interview MBA prospects or job applicants later on in life. This sort of lacking in the basic common courtesy gesture department makes it seem like the interviewer is either socially inept or an arrogant prick.

Drive on, Orion17. You're good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
cowabungaman7 wrote:
jessicmt wrote:
Orion17 wrote:

Ditto on what jess wrote. I'm a round 1 applicant and had the same question a few months earlier because my interviewer didn't respond either. Needless to say, I was an early admit. It is indeed the interviewer's style, and IMO it is pretty damn rude when they don't respond. I get it that they are busy but it's so freakin' EASY to write back something generic like, "Glad you learned from and enjoyed the interview. Good luck with the rest of the admissions process!" Just take note and remember to learn from this lesson if you ever have to interview MBA prospects or job applicants later on in life. This sort of lacking in the basic common courtesy gesture department makes it seem like the interviewer is either socially inept or an arrogant prick.

Drive on, Orion17. You're good.

It took my interviewer 7 or 8 days to respond. Since the interviews are conducted by students, I wouldn't read too much into it.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts