Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 11:03 It is currently 10 May 2024, 11:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 135
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
dtse86 wrote:
saugagmatter wrote:
dtse86 wrote:

From my understanding this year they will do decisions on a rolling basis. But you should know whether you will be interviewed or have been rejected by that date at the latest.

interesting, are the decisions on a rolling basis something written on the website? or how did you know that? just curious :)

Because I'm dtse86! ;)

In reality, it's just something I've heard around here at Johnson. For actually confirmation whether or not that's true, I'd contact the admissions office with any questions or perhaps find the opportunity to ask one of the admissions officers that happen to be travelling on the MBA information circuit.

hahaha thanks appreciate it :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
For those who hear things around Johnson cough dtse86 cough hahaha does visiting the school help at all in our overall candidacy??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
ust got an invite to JWiB! Excited to visit Cornell and Ithaca
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an invite to JWiB! Excited to visit Cornell and Ithaca
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: LBS '18 (M)
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Nopes, may be I got separate note, since I am applying to the 1-year program. I am guessing you are applying to the 2-year?[/quote]
Perhaps someone else received a more personalized email like you?[/quote]

Perhaps :). Anyone else applying to the one year program on this thread?[/quote]

Hey I received the Mail from Christopher Lind.. This is for the 1 yr MBA
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ChaoticTheory wrote:
For those who hear things around Johnson cough dtse86 cough hahaha does visiting the school help at all in our overall candidacy??

I think visiting helps in the sense that you can see for yourself if the school is a fit.

I know for me I mentioned that I visited and talked to a few alums while doing my business school research in my essay. But besides that, if you've done your research and have a good/compelling reason why Johnson is the right school for you, I think you'll be fine.

I really don't think that that the adcom have the time to really check to see if every applicant visited the school or not. However, if you can't seem to find a good reason that Johnson is the right school for you, a visit to the school can certainly help you find several reasons!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
teesmartgirl wrote:

Congrats! Same here! I wonder if you selected to do an admission interview during visit? Wondering what is it like? Does it mean Adm Comm will make decision based on that??
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
I also got an invitation. Hope to see you there.
teesmartgirl wrote:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [4]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone!

I just logged into the application to check the status and saw "Current Status: Schedule Interview"

However, I haven't received an email and there is no option to schedule the interview.

Anyone having the same issue? It might be a matter of time until I get an email or I might be missing something...

Thanks!
kheown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
kheown wrote:
Hello everyone!

I just logged into the application to check the status and saw "Current Status: Schedule Interview"

However, I haven't received an email and there is no option to schedule the interview.

Anyone having the same issue? It might be a matter of time until I get an email or I might be missing something...

Thanks!
kheown

You just might be the first to get an interview! Congrats! That's awesome.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
kheown wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
kheown

Many congratulations! I am sure you would receive a mail sometime soon! You have increased your probability of acceptance into Johnson to about 68%! Mine is still Under Review though. When did you submit the application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
kheown wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
kheown

Congratulations Kheown and all the best for the interview! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Kudos
kheown wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
kheown

Hi Kheown,

Same here! Checked my application status after seeing your post and it says "Current Status: Schedule Interview".
But no email invite!
Do you think we need to email adcom to check?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Poirot19 wrote:
kheown wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
kheown

Hi Kheown,

Same here! Checked my application status after seeing your post and it says "Current Status: Schedule Interview".
But no email invite!

Congrats Kheown and Poirot19!! Mine still says "Under Review", but again I will be interviwing at JWiB, may be that's why.

Dtse86-I was told during the information session last year that it is not a blind interview and the admissions have read your application. Is the same true this time as well?
Any insights on the interview process, since mine is coming up very very soon. Any input will be appreciate, thanks again:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.99
WE:Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
Well that was a nice surprise on an otherwise humdrum Tuesday morning. My status changed to "Schedule Interview" too when I logged into my application. Hoping it's not a bug.

Edit: And I can't schedule an interview and didn't receive an email either.

This sets a very bad precedent. Now in addition to constantly monitoring my email it appears I additionally need to refresh all of my applications in case there is a status change before any emails go out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
chesterstreet wrote:

Many congratulations! I am sure you would receive a mail sometime soon! You have increased your probability of acceptance into Johnson to about 68%! Mine is still Under Review though. When did you submit the application?

Thanks! I submitted my application on Sep. 29th.

Poirot19 wrote:

I'd personally wait 1 or 2 days to see if any of us gets an email or any additional information before asking the Adcom on the same day our status was updated :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [2]
Send PM
Kudos