Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 18:05 It is currently 01 May 2024, 18:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
sciMBA wrote:
PinkChihuahua wrote:
Does anyone know what the questions asked of recommenders are? Here's hoping they are following other schools this year with the common questions...

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Portals ... 20form.pdf
I googled and found this. I'm assuming that this is for 2014-2015.

Hello

I know this question was asked (and answered) on the first page of this thread itself, but the link posted there isn't working anymore.

Could you please help me with identifying the questions asked of recommenders, so that I may do my homework before bothering my recommender.

Also, is there any word limit to these responses? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
MrRed wrote:
EndGame wrote:
Here's a question: Does Cornell need official scores be reported by GMAC before the round deadline or will self reported scores in the application do? I am planning to take the exam late Dec and apply for the Jan deadline. However, I am not sure if the my scores will reach the school in time considering its the holidays.
Appreciate the help !

Don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why you decided to post your question here instead of emailing it to the Johnson admissions office.
If you're worried about submitting all the materials by the official deadline, then there is NO person who can give you a better answer than a member of the admissions team. In the end, they are those who make the final decision.
What if someone told you wrong information and your app would not get considered because of that?

P.S. By the way, this is what the test scores section of the Johnson's application system says:
All applicants for the Two-Year MBA and Accelerated MBA must complete the GMAT or GRE exam and list the information below. Please reference the exam with your highest total score (do not combine section scores from multiple exam dates). You must also provide an official score report (www.mba.com). You may submit self-reported test scores below for review, however, before an official offer of admission is made we must have an official score report. If Johnson is not one of your reported scores you are responsible for contacting the testing agency.

Thanks MrRed. I did try contacting them but got no response
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [7]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Well, had my interview yesterday. I also did a class visit and met several students. I have to say that I was extremely impressed by all of the students that I met and the other prospective students. There are a lot of smart and impressive people at Johnson and I only hope that I can call all of them classmates soon! :-D

There were parts of the interview that were conversational, however it seemed very structured and targeted. I don't know if that was just my particular interviewers style or if I just really screwed it up. The interviewer was a second year student and he started by introducing a little about himself and what he had from the admissions committee. It appeared that he only had my resume and a few specific questions that he needed to ask. Anyways here are some of the questions that were asked:

-Walk me through your resume
-Why an MBA?
-Why Johnson?
-Describe a time that you disagreed with your boss
-Describe a time you encountered conflict within a team, how did you deal with it?
-How would you describe your leadership style?
-How will you contribute to the Johnson community?
-What makes your candidacy unique?

In the end the interview was just over 40min long. He had set a timer to make sure there would be time at the end for me to ask some questions.

Good Luck to everyone else with interviews coming up!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
TheHighFlier wrote:
Hey Guys,
I've an interview scheduled on 21st 10 AM in Hyderabad... Any one else who have their interview scheduled in Hyderabad on that day??

Hello HighFlier,

Hope the interview went well. How was the experience? Any inputs for us?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
dtse86 wrote:
Well, had my interview yesterday. I also did a class visit and met several students. I have to say that I was extremely impressed by all of the students that I met and the other prospective students. There are a lot of smart and impressive people at Johnson and I only hope that I can call all of them classmates soon! :-D

There were parts of the interview that were conversational, however it seemed very structured and targeted. I don't know if that was just my particular interviewers style or if I just really screwed it up. The interviewer was a second year student and he started by introducing a little about himself and what he had from the admissions committee. It appeared that he only had my resume and a few specific questions that he needed to ask. Anyways here are some of the questions that were asked:

-Why an MBA?
-Why Johnson?
-Describe a time you encountered conflict within a team, how did you deal with it?

In the end the interview was just over 40min long. He had set a timer to make sure there would be time at the end for me to ask some questions.

Hi, Thanks for sharing!! One question: did you find out who you will be interviewing with beforehand? Are all interviews conducted by 2nd year student now?

Thanks!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
JXhina wrote:
dtse86 wrote:

-Why an MBA?
-Why Johnson?

Hi, Thanks for sharing!! One question: did you find out who you will be interviewing with beforehand? Are all interviews conducted by 2nd year student now?

Thanks!

No, I didn't know who would be interviewing me beforehand, however I had a feeling it would be a second year student based on what I had heard from other interviewees I had met that day.

I would expect that the adcom are trying to get the students more involved in the process and trying to make sure it is consistent. As for any internationals or "off-campus" interviews I'm not sure what the process has been so far.

Good Luck JXhina!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
I'm an international applicant and was interviewed via Skype. My interviewer was a nice lady and she was definitely a master of the classic behavioral interview: conversational style, open ended questions, and an absolute feeling that you are doing well. So, I'm still under impression. My advice: just be yourself, that is tell them who you are in reality, and not who you pretend to be. Tough questions, simple/true answers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone :)

I am an international and I will have the interview in London the 29th, anyone here, who has any experience with interviewing in London? Do you think it will be any different than interviewing in Ithaca (if so, what would you expect/ how was the experience?)

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Paramount wrote:
TheHighFlier wrote:
Hey Guys,
I've an interview scheduled on 21st 10 AM in Hyderabad... Any one else who have their interview scheduled in Hyderabad on that day??

Hello HighFlier,

Hope the interview went well. How was the experience? Any inputs for us?

I was interviewed by Charlie of Ad-com, she was here in Hyderabad as part of QS world tour.
She was very nice and made me feel comfortable during the interview. Te below was how the conversation went

Started out by asking
Tell me more about your current job
How did you move into this field
What are you currently working on as part of your Job
Why MBA and Why Cornell ( I Answered both of these questions in one go)
Situation regarding leadership
how did you resolve a conflict in a team

At the end she asked me if I would like to add anything which we had not discussed during the interview
and any questions for her.
The interview lasted about 35 minutes and was pretty cool.

I would say to people getting interviewed to not be tense before the interview and be well prepared on what you would want to highlight during your interview.

ATB ... would be glad if you want me to share anything else..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

Hope the interview process is going well for everyone! I was among the last group to receive the second e-mail with the interview invite (received 11/14). Since receiving that e-mail, I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to schedule an interview. I've left a few friendly voicemails, responded with a couple of e-mails, and even contacted the general admissions office this morning since it has now been 10 days. Unfortunately these efforts have not yet resulted in a response :|

Am I the only one currently experiencing this issue? I'm sure they're super busy--I just found it a bit odd that it's been this long without any type of response, especially since I responded to their interview invite in a matter of minutes. Any advice on what to do here, or is this pretty typical?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
mt1989 wrote:
even contacted the general admissions office this morning

So, what did they tell you then?

Call/email anyone of the following people, and I'm sure they will be able to help you:
Eddie Asbie (607) 254-6570 ea356@cornell.edu
Nichole M. Grossman (607) 255-0240 nmg54@cornell.edu
Hannah Slow (607) 255-0516 hrs82@cornell.edu

P.S. I've interacted with each of them on many occasions, and I can't say enough good things about how responsive and helpful they are.

Originally posted by MrRed on 24 Nov 2014, 16:05.
Last edited by MrRed on 04 Dec 2014, 12:41, edited 4 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
MrRed wrote:
mt1989 wrote:

So, what did they tell you then?

Call/email anyone of the following people, and I'm sure they will be able to help you:

P.S. I've interacted with each of them on many occasions, and I can't say enough how responsive and helpful they are.

Nichole Grossman just moved to another department, so I would contact one of the other two

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Nichole Grossman just moved to another department, so I would contact one of the other two

If you meant that she now holds the position of Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid (One Year Ithaca MBA Program), then it's true. Although when Johnson hosted the chat session on this forum a few weeks back, it was confirmed that Nichole also still manages waitlists. Anyways, all things considered, I really doubt that she would refuse to help an applicant, especially one who was sent an invite.
I've been in touch with the Johnson team for quite some time now and Nichole has been extremely helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
MrRed wrote:
Quote:

If you meant that she now holds the position of Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid (One Year Ithaca MBA Program), then it's true. Although when Johnson hosted the chat session on this forum a few weeks back, it was confirmed that Nichole also still manages waitlists. Anyways, all things considered, I really doubt that she would refuse to help an applicant, especially one who was sent an invite.
I've been in touch with the Johnson team for quite some time now and Nichole has been extremely helpful!

From an email today:
"
I am writing today to inform you that I have taken a position within Cornell, but outside of Johnson. Starting today, I will no longer be your contact for all waitlist questions, concerns and updates. Instead, Kim Szpiro, Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid will be handling all waitlisted applicants. You can email her any relevant updates, etc. at kas396@cornell.edu. I have enjoyed working with you thus far, and I encourage you to continue to keep the admissions team updated on any new developments to your candidacy. Good luck on your MBA journey, and have a great Thanksgiving!
Best,
Nichole
"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
From an email today:
"
I am writing today to inform you that I have taken a position within Cornell, but outside of Johnson. Starting today, I will no longer be your contact for all waitlist questions, concerns and updates. Instead, Kim Szpiro, Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid will be handling all waitlisted applicants. You can email her any relevant updates, etc. at kas396@cornell.edu. I have enjoyed working with you thus far, and I encourage you to continue to keep the admissions team updated on any new developments to your candidacy. Good luck on your MBA journey, and have a great Thanksgiving!
Best,
Nichole
"

That is good to know!

Thanks for sharing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
MrRed wrote:
Quote:

I agree she has been very helpful to me as well. And, I wasn't suggesting she wouldn't help. Only stating that someone still in the department might be a more direct route to the interview schedule.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MrRed wrote:
mt1989 wrote:

They were directing me back to the same voicemail, but I will try the contacts that you provided. Thank you, MrRed!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts