Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 21:06 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 21:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  47   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Any clue when Johnson is visiting Delhi this year? The website isn't listing any international events.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Johnson has already visited India this year in August through QS MBA tour. Not sure whether they will visit India again. However, last year they conducted f2f interviews for Indian applicants in India in the month of November. So expecting to see them again next month or in the month of December.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I wish they'd let us schedule the interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
TPCFA wrote:

Agreed hahaha the wait is killing me! :shock:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
ChaoticTheory wrote:
TPCFA wrote:

Agreed hahaha the wait is killing me! :shock:

Hah! It really is.

For those who have changed statuses:

Any indication of whether they will schedule interviews prior to the December 15 official announcement?

Happy Friday, and Happy Halloween!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.77
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Yeah, I'm surprised there haven't been more updates. Seems to be quite a different pattern from last year. I know they describe December 15th as the "Initial Notification" date, but that's when many R1 schools are intending to release final decisions, so it certainly complicates the timeline and decision making process.

For example, if interview scheduling doesn't begin until December 15th, that doesn't leave much time before the holidays to interview, and deposits are due in January for other programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 174
WE:Other (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question to those who got their application status changed to "schedule interview" - did anyone receive an email (or any link in their application) to actually schedule the interview? Or did any of you get a chance to talk to the admissions and have any update regarding scheduling an interview? I was wondering if you have any idea when and/or how to schedule an actual interview.

Thanks a lot. And best of luck to everybody!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
nintso wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a question to those who got their application status changed to "schedule interview" - did anyone receive an email (or any link in their application) to actually schedule the interview? Or did any of you get a chance to talk to the admissions and have any update regarding scheduling an interview? I was wondering if you have any idea when and/or how to schedule an actual interview.

Thanks a lot. And best of luck to everybody!

Hello nintso,

I don't think any of us has received anything yet to schedule the interview.

Regarding your 2nd question, here's a post by Zatopek on 10/16:

Zatopek wrote:
Note to everyone seeing "Schedule Interview" as their status: I talked to Johnson Admissions this morning about that. You have been selected for an interview (congratulations) but you won't receive any emails about scheduling said interview for a few more weeks. We just need to sit tight for a bit.

It still looks like we have to wait a little longer :)

Hope it helps!
kheown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
I've said it before, but I am a first year at Johnson right now. I was unable to attend any of the events at JWiB due to a marketing competition, Battle of the Brands, but I heard awesome things from classmates. If any prospective students attended and wouldn't mind divulging their impressions or thoughts, I would love to hear what you thought! PM me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Hi all, I am going to apply Cornell in R2 or R3. I found that the LORs can be uploaded by myself. If I upload by myself, Does that mean the recommender won't receive any emails, right?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helloschool wrote:
Hi all, I am going to apply Cornell in R2 or R3. I found that the LORs can be uploaded by myself. If I upload by myself, Does that mean the recommender won't receive any emails, right?

Why would it matter? 8-) If they're willing to write a recommendation for you, it would seem like receiving a confirmation e-mail or two wouldn't be an issue.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
mrsunburn wrote:
helloschool wrote:

Why would it matter? 8-) If they're willing to write a recommendation for you, it would seem like receiving a confirmation e-mail or two wouldn't be an issue.

yeah, I know. I didn't mean it is a issue.

If there is no email sent to them, I don't need to inform them in advance one school by one school, like "you will receive one email from A school today, pls ignore it. You will receive another email from B school tomorrow, and pls upload LOR, etc."
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Safe to consider it a ding and move on now?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Either its a ding or they wait for all R1 schools to release their results to improve yield
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Just my two cents gained from a quick reading of last year's thread.

I think that there is no need to panic at all till Initial Notification Date (Dec 15, 2015). In the last season, there were candidates who did not have their statuses change, but still received invites on Initial Notification Date. The way I see it, mind you I have not validated this, is that we will receive one of three decisions come Dec 15: invitation to interview, waitlist without interview or denial of admission.

All those who are interviewed will subsequently get their decisions on a rolling basis. I think this is a great strategy: by releasing their R1 decisions later than the rest in the top 15, Johnson would increase their yield without impacting class quality. Given a market where there are more qualified applicants than there are seats, Johnson would still be able to assemble a class of very accomplished students without competing with the other schools directly. Post the barrage of decisions from the other top 15 schools, it would simply be scooping up excellent candidates which somehow missed out (of course, assuming most of those who accept offers from others in the top 15 promptly withdraw.)

I think it's brilliant and unconventional - a lead-on from this is that they would be able to employ their scholarship money more effectively. :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KampongMBA wrote:
Just my two cents gained from a quick reading of last year's thread.

I think that there is no need to panic at all till Initial Notification Date (Dec 15, 2015). In the last season, there were candidates who did not have their statuses change, but still received invites on Initial Notification Date. The way I see it, mind you I have not validated this, is that we will receive one of three decisions come Dec 15: invitation to interview, waitlist without interview or denial of admission.

All those who are interviewed will subsequently get their decisions on a rolling basis. I think this is a great strategy: by releasing their R1 decisions later than the rest in the top 15, Johnson would increase their yield without impacting class quality. Given a market where there are more qualified applicants than there are seats, Johnson would still be able to assemble a class of very accomplished students without competing with the other schools directly. Post the barrage of decisions from the other top 15 schools, it would simply be scooping up excellent candidates which somehow missed out (of course, assuming most of those who accept offers from others in the top 15 promptly withdraw.)

I think it's brilliant and unconventional - a lead-on from this is that they would be able to employ their scholarship money more effectively. :-D

The other side of the coin: If Johnson isn't just a fallback to you, but one of your top choices, you may not have the option of considering matriculating at the same time as the rest of the schools you're admitted to. Especially in a situation where a candidate receives acceptances from similarly ranked schools, Johnson would be at a disadvantage.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6985 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts