Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:18 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
kheown wrote:
bcarla5711 wrote:
gnahc wrote:
Fantastic news..I am invited as well! So excited for this next step.

Thanks everyone for posting on the board. I@ wouldn't have known to search all my e-mail folders otherwise (it was not in my inbox).

Question regarding on-campus/Skype options:
If I already visited prior to my application, do you think a Skype interview will suggest that Johnson is not a priority (it is)? I know the e-mail says "opting to conduct your interview virtually will not negatively impact your candidacy," but I can't help but think that an in-person visit works much better. The only thing holding me back is the cost of travel, which I am capable of covering but is a concern as I am trying to save funds for my degree!

In my opinion, the fact that you already visited demonstrates a strong commitment to the school. Probably wouldn't hurt to remind them again during the Skype interview that you already visited, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it virtually if that works better for you!

I totally agree with this. I also visited the school in September and I can't go back for the interview... But I'll make sure to mention my visit during the Skype interview. In my opinion, visiting the school without an invitation to interview might show an even greater commitment to the program than just visiting after being invited.

BTW, I also received the email yesterday (went to the Promotions tab in Gmail as Zatopek mentioned).

Best of luck with your interviews!

Thanks bcarla5711 and kheown for your comments. Definitely helps in my decision making. Flights are running close to $1,000! Doesn't seem like a smart use of funds for a 45 minute interview (considering I already visited Johnson), but I still wanted to show that Johnson is a priority school (not a plan B).

Will be making my appointment later this evening. Thanks again, and good luck to everyone waiting for invitations!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.77
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson(Cornell) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
gnahc wrote:
Thanks bcarla5711 and kheown for your comments. Definitely helps in my decision making. Flights are running close to $1,000! Doesn't seem like a smart use of funds for a 45 minute interview (considering I already visited Johnson), but I still wanted to show that Johnson is a priority school (not a plan B).

Just a note for those looking for flights: it may be much cheaper to fly into Syracuse (SYR) and either rent a car, or use the $15 bus (https://www.wanderu.com/) to get to Ithaca. Saved me several hundred dollars.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrsunburn wrote:
gnahc wrote:

Just a note for those looking for flights: it may be much cheaper to fly into Syracuse (SYR) and either rent a car, or use the $15 bus (https://www.wanderu.com/) to get to Ithaca. Saved me several hundred dollars.

You are a life-saver. I'll be on a similar itinerary, thanks to your advice.

Have you interviewed? How did it go, and with whom?

Thanks again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Current Johnson student here.

If you guys are looking for a bus from NYC check out the Big Red Bullet. It's cheaper than the Cornell Campus to Campus bus and the company was started by a Johnson '15 alum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Indian guy here looking to schedule a Skype interview.

The calendar for Skype interview is quite open, so what time would be more suitable for the interviewers?

I see slots booked for 4,5,6 PM IST, which is like 5,6,7 AM ET! How would the interviewer schedule an interview at that time. Or am I missing out on something here?

I'm guessing considering the interviewer's time zone is quite important. Any guidance from current students/alums/guys who interviewed last year as to what time suits the interviewing committee people more?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
someone167 wrote:

The calendar for Skype interview is quite open, so what time would be more suitable for the interviewers?

I see slots booked for 4,5,6 PM IST, which is like 5,6,7 AM ET! How would the interviewer schedule an interview at that time. Or am I missing out on something here?

I'm guessing considering the interviewer's time zone is quite important. Any guidance from current students/alums/guys who interviewed last year as to what time suits the interviewing committee people more?

Johnson has an Admissions person who's based in London. She might be the one who's interviewing you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
All right, so I should choose a slot as per my choice completely?

ceekster wrote:
someone167 wrote:

Johnson has an Admissions person who's based in London. She might be the one who's interviewing you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
someone167 wrote:

No point in trying to strategize on this. You basically have a 50-50 chance on getting a second year MBA or admissions person to interview you. Goodluck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Want to make everything perfect, I guess :P Thanks a lot! :)

ceekster wrote:
someone167 wrote:

No point in trying to strategize on this. You basically have a 50-50 chance on getting a second year MBA or admissions person to interview you. Goodluck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
someone167 wrote:
Want to make everything perfect, I guess :P Thanks a lot! :)

Key is to demonstrate fit. If you can answer that in a succinct and rational way, you're golden.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Did anyone on the forum attend Johnson Means Business?? I wanted to attend but couldn't! If anyone visited, can you either PM me or respond to this with your thoughts? I'd love to hear how it was!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ChaoticTheory wrote:
Did anyone on the forum attend Johnson Means Business?? I wanted to attend but couldn't! If anyone visited, can you either PM me or respond to this with your thoughts? I'd love to hear how it was!

JMB just ended last night so participants might just be on the way back to where they're from. If you have a Johnson-specific question, feel free to reach out.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats to everyone who got interview invite from Cornell and good luck to the rest!!

Just to remind everyone, we have a chat with Cornell's admission director - Ann Richards - on GMAT Club tomorrow at 9 AM Pacific Time. Hope to see you all in the chat.

GMAT Club Chat Room: https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Good Luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello all! My application status has been "under review" for quite a while now. Does this phenomenon offer any insight on the state of my application, or is it likely that it simply has not yet been fully reviewed? Will we be notified prior to the December deadline if we won't be invited to interview?

Much thanks, and good luck to my fellow applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
JaySee wrote:
Hello all! My application status has been "under review" for quite a while now. Does this phenomenon offer any insight on the state of my application, or is it likely that it simply has not yet been fully reviewed? Will we be notified prior to the December deadline if we won't be invited to interview?

Still under review, no idea what's going on out there
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WalterT wrote:
JaySee wrote:

Even the folks who have received invitations (myself included) don't believe timing is any indication of the strength of your candidacy. I think the office is still making their way through applications. I didn't hear this from anyone connected to Johnson, but someone on the forums mentioned that the office is understaffed. You may want to ask during the 9AM Q&A session with Ann Richards tomorrow!

Good luck, and keep us posted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
WalterT wrote:
JaySee wrote:

Same here. 'Under Review'..almost seems since some 19XX.. Plus, not a lot have mentioned receiving invitations of late, here, or at livewire.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts