Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:15 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
TheFloridian wrote:
SohamDutta wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:
Just got the call! I'm in with a full tuition Ingram scholarship!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great bro !! Congrats ... You got a mail too?

The AdCom told me she would email me more information about the scholarship today and that next week I will receive the admissions packet in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations TheFloridian !!!

I can't wait to receive more information about the scholarship. I won't believe until I see it written down! Hahaha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 2.96
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
In with scholarship thanks everyone for the posts I learned a lot from you all good luck tomorrow everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call at 2pm today while traveling!! In with a really really generous scholarship... Super excited. Congrats to the rest of you and best of luck to those still waiting to hear!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I got the call yesterday evening and am in with a scholarship as well. Congrats to all and especially to those who got a full ride!

I was really excited and may have heard this wrong, but the admissions member told me that the results and scholarship info for everyone would be posted online for at noon CST today.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
In with a full scholarship! Got the call from my interviewer around noon..so excited! Congrats to you all and best of luck to those still waiting! International applicant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
just curious how do they decide who to call about the offer? I havent got a call yet and am still anxiously waiting for my result..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Any email guys?? I am curiously waiting!!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to Admitted students and Good luck to those who are still waiting!!

THose who are waiting can gather in chat room to share updates!! https://gmatclub.com/gchat/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
My application status is now online! No scholarship info that I can find.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Kudos
Got in! Hopefully, the hard copy will get here soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
I got waitlisted unfortunately, but fortunately...I think.

Serious question - What are reasonable chances at getting admitted off the waitlist?

I am a Vandy alumn (undergraduate). My GMAT is 640 with a 48 percentile in Quant and a 85 percentile in CR.
WE - 36 months at matriculation.

Is it good to retake the GMAT?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
Tucker08 wrote:
I got waitlisted unfortunately, but fortunately...I think.

Serious question - What are reasonable chances at getting admitted off the waitlist?

It happens every year. So there's a chance. I would not wait for it to happen though. I would take proactive measures to improve your chances.

Tucker08 wrote:
I am a Vandy alumn (undergraduate). My GMAT is 640 with a 48 percentile in Quant and a 85 percentile in CR.
WE - 36 months at matriculation.

Is it good to retake the GMAT?

YES. Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Owen's mean GMAT score is 690. IMO, bumping your score up to 690+ will give you a great chance at being admitted. (You could potentially even be admitted off of the waitlist in the coming regular admissions rounds if you submit a better score as opposed to waiting out the waitlist through the summer to see if there is any movement among admitted students who may accept other offers.)

This piece (the GMAT score) of your candidate profile is something you have almost total control over. It isn't like a lack of Work Experience that takes years to make up or an undergraduate GPA which cannot be altered or letters of recommendation you never see. It is also a piece of the application that Owen (and all MBA programs) themselves are graded on. So it is of critical importance. Improved GMAT scores are something adcoms L-O-V-E to see from waitlisted candidates. If you're serious about Owen, I would start studying/practicing to retake the GMAT tonight. The GMAT is conquerable. Make a study plan, work hard at it, take the test every 30 days if you have to, and get your score up.

There are a few other steps you could consider taking in addition to ferociously attacking the GMAT:
1. Send a letter (email) of continued interest
2. Inquire as to what parts of your candidacy may require further clarification or improvement
3. Perhaps write a "Why Owen" essay addendum if you did not make that abundantly clear in your original application

Good luck!

And congrats to all those admitted!!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Congratulation to all Vanderbilt (Owen) Round 1 Admits!!!

Here is latest on R1 status and profile updates by members on the forum.

Admitted and Waitlisted Folks: There are separate threads for you for getting in touch with each other and discussing next strategy.

Calling All Accepted Vanderbilt Owen (Class of 2018) Applicants!!
Calling All Waitlisted Vanderbilt Owen (Class of 2018) Applicants
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
This is a reminder for upcoming Vanderbilt live chat in which members of Vanderbilt admissions team will dialogue with applicants. So save this event to your Google calender and present in the chat room on December 17 with your questions.

Vanderbilt team participating in the chat.

Christie St-John, Director of Admissions.
Bailey McChesney, Sr. Assistant Director of Admissions.
A Current Vanderbilt MBA Student. (Name not confirmed yet)

Date: December 17, 2015.
Time: 10 AM Central Time (8 AM Pacific Time)
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Add the event to your Google Calendar

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Very Happy!
Got the call today with scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
I just posted on the admitted students' thread in response to an applicant's question about acceptances and scholarships. I occasionally lurk through these forums, curious to get a sense of what the competitive stats for my target B-schools are, especially as they relate to receiving scholarships. Given my recent experiences/outcomes, I figured I would go ahead and sign-up for these forums, in hopes that sharing my experience can help other lurkers like myself.

Anyway, for the stuff people reading this post are actually curious about: I'm a recent admit who was awarded one of the prominent full-tuition scholarships to Owen. I recently responded to a post about an applicant worried that most full-tuition scholarships are reserved for members of underrepresented groups. Well, I'm neither a woman nor an underrepresented minority, and my GMAT score (while solid) wasn't anything crazy high. Seriously, reading through these forums, you'd think that you need a 730+ or 750+ to score some merit aid! But, I think GMATClub forum members tend to have higher test stats than the top 50 MBA programs applicant pool. So, while higher stats/GMAT scores definitely do increase your odds of more aid, don't get too caught up in the numbers listed in these forums, especially if the rest of your application is strong.

When I got the call about my award, the AdCom representative cited how impressed the Owen team was with my overall application package (especially the interview, essays, and on-site interactions). I worked diligently to really tailor everything in my application specifically to Owen, and I think doing so really helped me in the long run. So, based on my experience, Owen does assess everything holistically when it comes to scholarships. It really felt as if Owen was looking for a great fit in terms of both soft-skills/personality (ambitious but friendly, extroverted, etc.) and smarts (GMAT, work experience, essays, etc.).

In short: if you're hoping for merit aid, have some faith!

Good luck to all still applying/interviewing/nervously awaiting decisions!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
jacktrade wrote:
I just posted on the admitted students' thread in response to an applicant's question about acceptances and scholarships. I occasionally lurk through these forums, curious to get a sense of what the competitive stats for my target B-schools are, especially as they relate to receiving scholarships. Given my recent experiences/outcomes, I figured I would go ahead and sign-up for these forums, in hopes that sharing my experience can help other lurkers like myself.

Anyway, for the stuff people reading this post are actually curious about: I'm a recent admit who was awarded one of the prominent full-tuition scholarships to Owen. I recently responded to a post about an applicant worried that most full-tuition scholarships are reserved for members of underrepresented groups. Well, I'm neither a woman nor an underrepresented minority, and my GMAT score (while solid) wasn't anything crazy high. Seriously, reading through these forums, you'd think that you need a 730+ or 750+ to score some merit aid! But, I think GMATClub forum members tend to have higher test stats than the top 50 MBA programs applicant pool. So, while higher stats/GMAT scores definitely do increase your odds of more aid, don't get too caught up in the numbers listed in these forums, especially if the rest of your application is strong.

When I got the call about my award, the AdCom representative cited how impressed the Owen team was with my overall application package (especially the interview, essays, and on-site interactions). I worked diligently to really tailor everything in my application specifically to Owen, and I think doing so really helped me in the long run. So, based on my experience, Owen does assess everything holistically when it comes to scholarships. It really felt as if Owen was looking for a great fit in terms of both soft-skills/personality (ambitious but friendly, extroverted, etc.) and smarts (GMAT, work experience, essays, etc.).

In short: if you're hoping for merit aid, have some faith!

Good luck to all still applying/interviewing/nervously awaiting decisions!

Super great, thanks so much Jacktrade. I am the one who's gotten your response :). Your share is absolutely inspiring.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts