GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 01:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 11:37
As far as I understand, you get to choose a date/time from the available slots over a period of time which may be up to a month.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 11:40
Thanks for the quick answer debjeet.

Hopefully one gets decent time to prepare for the interview.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 13:08
Received interview invite. Looking forward to it!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 15:23
debjeet wrote:
As far as I understand, you get to choose a date/time from the available slots over a period of time which may be up to a month.

I got an interview invite but it never let me select a time. However, I did register for Discover Weekend. There was no place to select a time during that either, I think they assign it. But yeah, I did not get to select a time, but I am doing an event.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 09:00
Interviewed today via skype. The interviewer was extremely friendly and contrary to many of the posts saying the interview was formal, I thought it was informal and allowed me to be myself. The questions were pretty standard. Why owen? What do you want to do after graduating? 3 ways your employer would describe you. Companies you are targeting post graduation. How will you contribute to the vanderbilt community?

That's about everything that I remember apart from the "standard". All in all, I think it went well and it ran for about 35 minutes. Good luck to those with interviews scheduled soon!
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 12:56
Hello Guys,

This is a reminder for last chat session of this season with Vanderbilt admissions team. Add the event in your Google calendar and visit chat room on January 28th with your questions.

Presenters:
1) Bailey McChesney (Senior Assistant Director of Admissions at Owen)
2) Brook Meissner (Director, Owen Career Management Center)
3) Mukesh Maguluri (Current MBA Student, Class of 2016)

Date: January 28, 2016.
Time: 10 AM Central Time (8 AM Pacific Time)
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Add the event to your Google Calendar

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 21:40
I had an identical experience. I really enjoyed my interview more than other Skype interviews I've had.
Adz25 wrote:
Interviewed today via skype. The interviewer was extremely friendly and contrary to many of the posts saying the interview was formal, I thought it was informal and allowed me to be myself. The questions were pretty standard. Why owen? What do you want to do after graduating? 3 ways your employer would describe you. Companies you are targeting post graduation. How will you contribute to the vanderbilt community?

That's about everything that I remember apart from the "standard". All in all, I think it went well and it ran for about 35 minutes. Good luck to those with interviews scheduled soon!
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 06:38
jb022201 wrote:
I had an identical experience. I really enjoyed my interview more than other Skype interviews I've had.
Adz25 wrote:

Yeah. I found it strange that so many people called it formal. I was expecting something way more rigid. Good luck to you. Hopefully we both gain admission :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Law)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 11:22
Just received an interview invite few hours ago. I am planning an on-campus interview on Jan 28. Any tips?
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 02:16
All the best to those interviewing in R2! Here is latest on R2 interview invites and status updates by users on the forum. If you want to get tips about interview preparation, do not forget to visit our admission help desk on Wednesday. Details of these sessions given in my signature. Good luck to rest all applicants who are waiting for interview invitations.

Manager
Manager
Vanderbilt MBA student awarded $25,000 Sohr Grant for startup  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:02
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt MBA student awarded $25,000 Sohr Grant for startup
Trisha Fridrich, MBA'16, awarded prestigious grant to support her start-up, VRION Ticketing, a cloud-based ticketing technology designed for tour companies.Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 11:58
thomasdodsonian wrote:
debjeet wrote:

I got an interview invite but it never let me select a time. However, I did register for Discover Weekend. There was no place to select a time during that either, I think they assign it. But yeah, I did not get to select a time, but I am doing an event.

Hmmm, perhaps you are doing an off-campus interview as well?
For Indian candidates, we can select date/time on the online portal for both Skype and In-person interview. :lol:
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 00:24
vigi25 wrote:
mohamedfaras wrote:
Anybody who is done with his/her interview who wants t share some tips or experience?? Specifically the skype interview with Kim ?

Would be really appreciated!!

I had the skype interview with Kim a few hours ago. The interview itself was quite detailed and went on for around 45 minutes. I was asked how I would contribute to team projects and what I would expect to from the rest of my team during team projects. I was asked to describe my strengths in interpersonal skills. I was also asked which other schools I applied to and who I would pick If I get admits from all.

Besides this there were a few conventional questions on Why MBA, describe your goals etc.

Overall the interview was engaging and conversational.

Hi vigi25,

Did you have the option to interview over skype vs in-person interview in India? Mind sharing which schools did you make through and which one will you be matriculating in?

Thanks.
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 10:41
An update on this: Apart from Bailey McChesney, Owen Admission Director, who regularly conducts Owen chats on GMAT Club, we will also be joined by Owen's Director for Career Management Center, Brook Meissner, and current student, Mukesh Maguluri.

Narenn wrote:
Hello Guys,

This is a reminder for last chat session of this season with Vanderbilt admissions team. Add the event in your Google calendar and visit chat room on January 28th with your questions.

Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 12:58
Hi All

My application was submitted on 01/11/2016. Haven't seen any status change since then. How long do they take to respond?
Manager
Manager
Owen students sound off on Tech Trek 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 14:01
FROM Owen Press Releases: Owen students sound off on Tech Trek 2016
During their winter break, students from the Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management traveled from Nashville to the West Coast for an intimate tour of the heart of the tech industry.Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
MBA Section Director
D

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 08:22
We are starting the chat very soon. If you are around, join us in the chat http://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Narenn wrote:
Hello Guys,

Presenters:
1) Bailey McChesney (Senior Assistant Director of Admissions at Owen)
2) Brook Meissner (Director, Owen Career Management Center)
3) Mukesh Maguluri (Current MBA Student, Class of 2016)

Manager
Manager
5 things to do before your marketing internship interview  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 08:01
FROM Owen Press Releases: 5 things to do before your marketing internship interview
Every summer, students at the Owen Graduate School of Management tackle internships at more than 100 leading companies around the world. Coaching from the Career Management Center helps them get there. This is an inside look at the coaches’ tips.Image
Manager
Manager
Ask Skippy: How do I get a seat at the table?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 08:02
FROM Owen Press Releases: Ask Skippy: How do I get a seat at the table?
Everyone has career questions, but few people have answers. Welcome to Ask Skippy, where Skip Culbertson, Executive Director of the Vanderbilt Executive Development Institute, answers your most burning career questions.Image
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 3: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 4: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 5: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 03:36
Hi guys, I've submitted my application yesterday (Owen kindly encouraged me to retake GMAT to get above 700 and extend the deadline for my case). I wonder whether guys who have just had interview could get decision earlier than 15 March.

Also, as a student applicant, at this moment I do not find many programs else to apply. Does any of you suggest a GMAT retake? I hope to boost the score to 730 or 740 for a better chance of scholarship.
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Feb 2016, 03:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  18    Next  [ 345 posts ] 

Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap