GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 13:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2015, 23:19
Had my interview today. A little offbeat but nothing too tricky.
Some of the questions:
1. Why Owen?
2. How would you engage yourself with the Vanderbilt community?
3. Other schools that have interested you?
4. What do you look to specialize in and give a few companies that interest you?
5. 60 seconds to present yourself to an employer
6. Goals after your MBA
7. Questions
Hoping for the best.
Retired Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 07:08
2 weeks... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 08:02
[quote="TheFloridian"]2 weeks... :-)

:) , can hardly wait. Are results released in batches or in bulk on the final date?
Manager
Manager
Vanderbilt to host qualifying round for ‘Nobel Prize for Students’  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2015, 13:02
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt to host qualifying round for ‘Nobel Prize for Students’
Undergraduate and graduate students from across campus can form teams and compete in the opening round of the Hult Prize’s $1 million dollar social entrepreneurship challenge at the Owen School.Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2015, 14:54
Well we are really getting close now! The wait is painful. I'll be traveling all day Friday, but hoping I land in Las Vegas Friday evening to good news, which would surely put a nice spin on a weekend in Vegas. Conversely, could also throw quite a damper on the weekend. Either way you'll find me at the craps table.

Best of luck to all!
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 10:55
saxenaprateek89 wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:

:) , can hardly wait. Are results released in batches or in bulk on the final date?

Only a few days! Does anyone know if Vanderbilt calls US applicants or releases the decision a day or two in advance?
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2015, 17:18
cladh wrote:
saxenaprateek89 wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:

Only a few days! Does anyone know if Vanderbilt calls US applicants or releases the decision a day or two in advance?

It looks like last year they called a select few admits the evening before the official release. I hope they do that again this year! 8-)
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 13:09
Just got a call! I'm in! And... as a Dean's Scholar!!! Couldn't be more excited!!! :yes :cool :banana :banana :banana

I was told that we will all see our status change on Friday and those admitted will receive an email that day or next week with further instructions/information.

Best of luck to the rest of you!
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 13:15
kheown wrote:
Just got a call! I'm in! And... as a Dean's Scholar!!! Couldn't be more excited!!! :yes :cool :banana :banana :banana

I was told that we will all see our status change on Friday and those admitted will receive an email that day or next week with further instructions/information.

WOW kheown, that is awesome! Congratulations!!

The calls are certainly coming out earlier than expected.

BSchool Forum Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 13:26
Thank you!!!

I just realized that I could've shared a few more details... I'm an international applicant from and based in western Europe.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 13:28
kheown wrote:

CONGRATS!
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 15:25
kheown wrote:
Thank you!!!

I just realized that I could've shared a few more details... I'm an international applicant from and based in western Europe.

Any additional details on what being a Dean's Scholar entails?

BSchool Forum Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2015, 15:33
TheFloridian wrote:
kheown wrote:
Thank you!!!

Any additional details on what being a Dean's Scholar entails?

Not much besides what's here: http://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/admissio ... awards.cfm

She talked about specific events/programming and went into some details of the activities that current Dean's Scholars are doing. She also said that I should expect to receive a lot more information about the award over the next few days from admissions staff and a current Dean's Scholar.

I also read online that there's a special on-campus event for certain Scholars that precedes Welcome Weekend in April. I couldn't really find much more online about this award... So I'm anxiously and eagerly waiting to hear more news!

Really looking forward to this! :-D
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 09:17
1 more day till everyone knows!!!!
Current Student
Concentration: Other, Marketing
GPA: 3.61
WE: Research (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 10:09
Hey. Wanted to ask a anyone who knows. If i give the personal e-mail of one of my recommenders would it negatively impact my application in any way? I am planning to apply by the Round 2 deadline
BSchool Forum Moderator
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 11:34
redPak7 wrote:
Hey. Wanted to ask a anyone who knows. If i give the personal e-mail of one of my recommenders would it negatively impact my application in any way? I am planning to apply by the Round 2 deadline

That should prompt more scrutiny from the adcom as well as a more in-depth review of your application by a third party once you are admitted (schools generally use third parties to check that some facts stated in your application - employment history, legit recommenders, education history... - are true).

If you can find a way to persuade your recommender to give his work email, that'd be better...
Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Dec 2015, 15:38
Just got the call! I'm in with a full tuition Ingram scholarship!!!!!!

:yes :yikes :bouncer :banana :punk :eyes

Originally posted by TheFloridian on 10 Dec 2015, 12:44.
Last edited by TheFloridian on 10 Dec 2015, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 12:57
TheFloridian wrote:

Great bro !! Congrats ... You got a mail too?

"All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind" - Swami Vivekananda

Retired Moderator
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 12:59
SohamDutta wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:

Great bro !! Congrats ... You got a mail too?

The AdCom told me she would email me more information about the scholarship today and that next week I will receive the admissions packet in the mail.

Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 15:37
TheFloridian wrote:

I'm in with scholarship as well! Congrats on the full ride!
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Dec 2015, 15:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18    Next  [ 345 posts ] 

Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap