Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 616
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Schools: Ross '19 (M)
GPA: 3.18
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello all! Checking in after an awesome weekend in Ann Arbor. For those of you still left to interview here's the rundown of what to expect:

My interviewer was a second year student, and the entire experience was very casual and laid back. He asked:
- Walk me through your resume
- He picked out a few things on my resume and we talked over those for a few minutes
- Why Ross
- Why now
- Tell me about how you handled a conflict
- Strengths/Weaknesses
- Leaders you admire
- 5-10 year plan
- Questions

Overall my interview lasted about 35 minutes and I only got about 5 for questions, which is ok because I had done so much research on Ross I didn't have that much to ask.

Afterwards a bunch of the other interviewees got together and went out to dinner and drinks, and a couple of us met up the next day for the football game and The Bus. Overall everyone at Ross met my expectation of being super down to earth and humble, while still extremely talented and driven, and at the end of the day know how to party and have fun. Like I said, it was an awesome experience and if anyone has any questions let me know. As for now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed until the 16th!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks everyone who shared their interview experiences here. In addition to what you have posted, I am re-posting here few good interview debriefs collected from previous Ross discussions for those who are about to be interviewed.

missionphd wrote:
Interviewed with an Alumni. Most common advice - Keep your story straight

Basics

Walk through your resume post under-grad (Highlight promotions, if any)
Why transition to MBA
What are short term and long term goals

Behavioural

What is your leadership style?
How would you begin working with a new team?
How will you manage a nightmare team-member?
An inspiring leader and why?
A set-back?
Two industry trends?

Best of luck!!

automaddock wrote:
Had interview last night Oct 29th in D.C with former student who graduated in May and now works in the area. She had only seen my resume before last night:
Very conversational...we interrupted each other many times to both clarify and ask questions.

1) Walk me through from undergrad till now
2) Managing a team- what is your leadership style
**those two questions took a lot of time
3) is there anything you want to talk about (she mentioned that she hated preparing for an interview and then not be able to talk about certain things that she preped for)
4) then opened it up for questions
We had a lot in common so the 1st two questions took up over 30 minutes. Total interview 45ish minutes.

Cheers
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
A couple more....

kesanova20 wrote:
Just a Quick Interview Debrief for those who are about to be interviewed:

Interview was extremely conversational and it was conducted by 2nd year student who luckily had similar career goals as I have.

Points of Discussion:
(It was naturally a very resume driven conversation since they only have our resumes)

Walk me through your resume..
A teamwork experience.. ( Primarily from resume too)
Difficult person in a team experience and how you reacted or managed?
How would your boss describe you ( I stressed for more bad qualities than good !! :D )
Two experiences from my resume were discussed ( Make sure you know your resume)
WHY MBA? WHY ROSS? CAREER GOALS?

Last 5 minutes were given to ask questions and I asked about consulting and social life at Ross.

Irrespective of the outcome, please dont stress out as this one will be extremely conversational. Try to enjoy it ! Smile ! the person opposite you was at your place an year ago so he understands what you are going through!!

Best of Luck to all of us !!

PTK wrote:
Visited Ross for on-campus interview on 7th of November.
There was Welcome, Interview, team exercize, Q&A with currents tudents, campus tour. It was an amazing day at Ross!
The event was very well organized. Team exercize was funny and collaborative, nothing difficult. I liked it.

Interview questions:
1) Walk me through your resume
2) ST and LT career goals?
3) Why MBA?
4) Why Ross?
5) How you will contribute?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Kudos
I'm a little late in posting this. Had my off-campus interview about 10 days back. Went okay, not great.
Was a bit thrown by the order of the questions and the way they were phrased, making my answers a little jumbled. Plus my nervousness didn't help, this being my first interview..

Why MBA? Why Now?
Why Ross?
Have you spoken to current students / alumni / admissions officers from Ross?
A time / project when you got in knowing nothing. What was the scope? How did it turn out?
A time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. What did you learn?
A time when you made a mistake / something you regret. What did you learn?
A challenge you faced at work. How did you cope? What did you learn?
Have you mentored anyone? What did you get out of the experience?
Is there any question you wish I'd asked you, but didn't? Anything else you wish for me to know about yourself?

It lasted around 45 mins with the last 10 mins being questions.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
apsu wrote:
I'm a little late in posting this. Had my off-campus interview about 10 days back. Went okay, not great.
Was a bit thrown by the order of the questions and the way they were phrased, making my answers a little jumbled. Plus my nervousness didn't help, this being my first interview..

Why MBA? Why Now?
Why Ross?
Have you spoken to current students / alumni / admissions officers from Ross?
A time / project when you got in knowing nothing. What was the scope? How did it turn out?
A time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. What did you learn?
A time when you made a mistake / something you regret. What did you learn?
A challenge you faced at work. How did you cope? What did you learn?
Have you mentored anyone? What did you get out of the experience?
Is there any question you wish I'd asked you, but didn't? Anything else you wish for me to know about yourself?

It lasted around 45 mins with the last 10 mins being questions.

Thanks for sharing your interview experience and good luck for the final decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 2.94
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Popping in to answer any Ross specific questions that I can. I'm a Ross 2014 Alum who has been working in tech since graduation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
mohater wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Popping in to answer any Ross specific questions that I can. I'm a Ross 2014 Alum who has been working in tech since graduation.

Can you tell us a little about what your current role is? Where do you see yourself in the future? Looking back, what was your favorite part of Ross? Thanks for doing this!
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Goillini13 wrote:

Can you tell us a little about what your current role is? Where do you see yourself in the future? Looking back, what was your favorite part of Ross? Thanks for doing this!

I'm in a commercial contract role in tech, basically I own the business relationship with the factories that produce our products (the ones I support at least).

I really enjoy this type of role (operations) and look to stay in operations in the future.

Favorite part of Ross: being in a low risk environment and taking full advantage of that. Doing case competitions, working with start ups through the center for entrepreneurship (at the engineering college at Michigan). It's not very often you get to exist in a low risk environment for two years, so my advise is take full advantage of risk taking since the real world is far less forgiving. The start up community at the college of engineering at michigan is VERY active, so it's great to get involved there early on.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
mohater wrote:
Goillini13 wrote:

I'm in a commercial contract role in tech, basically I own the business relationship with the factories that produce our products (the ones I support at least).

I really enjoy this type of role (operations) and look to stay in operations in the future.

Favorite part of Ross: being in a low risk environment and taking full advantage of that. Doing case competitions, working with start ups through the center for entrepreneurship (at the engineering college at Michigan). It's not very often you get to exist in a low risk environment for two years, so my advise is take full advantage of risk taking since the real world is far less forgiving. The start up community at the college of engineering at michigan is VERY active, so it's great to get involved there early on.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Are there any updates going out today wrt waitlist/ding?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Received an email telling me my decision would be viewable on Dec. 16th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: Ross '19 (M)
GPA: 3.18
Send PM
TXRock wrote:
Received an email telling me my decision would be viewable on Dec. 16th.

Just got the same email. The countdown begins: T - 10
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts