Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Ramrod2615 wrote:
rsethi1 wrote:
I applied on October 15th

Ok, I applied on October 12th I think so I might have gotten an invite already because of the application submission date being a few days earlier before the final deadline rush. Mine was in email format and seemed extremely informal so I was kinda hesitant to call it an interview invite lol. I'm assuming because of the invites being sent at different times that the entire process is on a rolling basis after submission so sit tight, I'm sure you'll get your invite any day now.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. If you don't mind me asking, can you share your profile?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
rsethi1 wrote:
Thanks for the words of encouragement. If you don't mind me asking, can you share your profile?

I do not mind one bit and I'll be as candid as I know how. I'm currently a Logistics Officer in the U.S. Army coming up on 4 years experience. Served in multiple leadership positions leading a total of just over 200 Soldiers in my short career. My career goal is an operations/supply chain management role in a company like Delta, J&J or P&G. My academics are my weak point. BA in International Affairs from an "ok" state school with just over a 3.1 GPA. Quant background is basically non-existent and my GMAT score reflects that. In my application I relied HEAVILY on my leadership experience building teams and operating in a high stress environment.

I also utilized the optional essays to own my academic weaknesses (told the truth about just being flat out lazy and immature as an undergrad) and putting it plainly that I fully expect to struggle in the quant heavy courses but I would be utilizing the coming months to take stats and calculus refresher courses to try to offset my weak quant background. Obviously I don't know much about why I got an invite, but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't my academics lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
My Status is still showing: "Application Successfully submitted, payment made"

:/

Anyone else stuck there?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks chiefvacationofficer for sharing your interview experience with other applicants on forum. Good luck for the final decision!! Would you mind posting it on our 'Interview Reviews' section? Thank you!

All the best Ramrod2615 and all others who have been invited to interview.

Here is summary of R1 applications taken from GMATClub App Tracker

Applicants: 20
Submitted: 8
Invited to interview: 3
Unknown decisions: 12

Request to all applicants: Please update your status on app tracker as you progress through the application process. It will give some stats and insights for others to look into. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
rsethi1 wrote:

I do not mind one bit and I'll be as candid as I know how. I'm currently a Logistics Officer in the U.S. Army coming up on 4 years experience. Served in multiple leadership positions leading a total of just over 200 Soldiers in my short career. My career goal is an operations/supply chain management role in a company like Delta, J&J or P&G. My academics are my weak point. BA in International Affairs from an "ok" state school with just over a 3.1 GPA. Quant background is basically non-existent and my GMAT score reflects that. In my application I relied HEAVILY on my leadership experience building teams and operating in a high stress environment.

I also utilized the optional essays to own my academic weaknesses (told the truth about just being flat out lazy and immature as an undergrad) and putting it plainly that I fully expect to struggle in the quant heavy courses but I would be utilizing the coming months to take stats and calculus refresher courses to try to offset my weak quant background. Obviously I don't know much about why I got an invite, but I'd be willing to bet it wasn't my academics lol.

Don't sell yourself short. Your leadership experience is quite impressive. Good luck for the interview. I just hope they are sending out more invites. They are, aren't they?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
srikanthkyatham wrote:
Submitted my application for Round 1. Any one else who submitted their application by Round 1 ?

Submitted mine for R1. Got an email with an interview invitation. Anyone else get an invite yet? Wasn't sure if it was the official nod by the way the email was worded at first.

Hey! Congratulations for the invite. I too got a mail for the interview a few days back. I have scheduled it on 11th Nov. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
Ramrod2615 wrote:
srikanthkyatham wrote:
Submitted my application for Round 1. Any one else who submitted their application by Round 1 ?

Submitted mine for R1. Got an email with an interview invitation. Anyone else get an invite yet? Wasn't sure if it was the official nod by the way the email was worded at first.

Hey! Congratulations for the invite. I too got a mail for the interview a few days back. I have scheduled it on 11th Nov. Fingers crossed!

When did you get yours?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Thats awesome and thanks for the in-depth breakdown of your experience. Did you get a chance to participate in any type of tour or sit in on a class while you were there?

Yeah we walked around the building, but it was fall break so unfortunately there weren't any classes to see. Despite how much hype surrounds Tech Square, we were not given access. I also saw you mentioned hitting the books to prepare for B School. Have you considered Coursera? There are tons of free business school courses by programs like Ross, IESE, and Wharton, if you're interested.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rsethi1 wrote:
Don't sell yourself short. Your leadership experience is quite impressive. Good luck for the interview. I just hope they are sending out more invites. They are, aren't they?

I'd be willing to bet they are still in the process of sending out invites. I wouldn't stress it. The wait sucks. There's no way around it just try to stay busy in the mean time and force yourself not to check the application 10 times a day like I was doing lol.

chiefvacationofficer wrote:
Yeah we walked around the building, but it was fall break so unfortunately there weren't any classes to see. Despite how much hype surrounds Tech Square, we were not given access. I also saw you mentioned hitting the books to prepare for B School. Have you considered Coursera? There are tons of free business school courses by programs like Ross, IESE, and Wharton, if you're interested.

Hm, that's weird. That's like one of their huge selling points for the entire program. I actually enrolled in the Financial Accounting course put on by Wharton through coursera. I'm gonna try to knock out a few of the basic stats or calc courses and possibly some advanced excel if I have the time (or mental endurance) to.

How was the Scheller campus? I hate to admit this but I JUST found out that it was in the middle of midtown and not on main campus which is pretty cool. Been to Atlanta a few times and midtown is a great time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:

How was the Scheller campus? I hate to admit this but I JUST found out that it was in the middle of midtown and not on main campus which is pretty cool. Been to Atlanta a few times and midtown is a great time.

Aside from the business building, I didn't see campus. We were unfortunately on a tight schedule, and we chose to check out the surrounding area instead of the GT campus.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Aside from the business building, I didn't see campus. We were unfortunately on a tight schedule, and we chose to check out the surrounding area instead of the GT campus.

Oh well, I'm sure you'll get to see plenty of it here soon. Did they say anything about a rolling basis for final decisions? Or does everyone who applied R1 get notified on the same day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Anyone who interviewed with Scheller?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Did they say anything about a rolling basis for final decisions? Or does everyone who applied R1 get notified on the same day?

My impression was that I should expect to wait until December before hearing anything. They said decisions go out on December 15, but that I might receive mine a little bit earlier since I was through the process by Oct. 10th. Still no word from them, yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Did they say anything about a rolling basis for final decisions? Or does everyone who applied R1 get notified on the same day?

My impression was that I should expect to wait until December before hearing anything. They said decisions go out on December 15, but that I might receive mine a little bit earlier since I was through the process by Oct. 10th. Still no word from them, yet.
They told me they would release decisions on December 15th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Can anybody who had interview on 11th Nov post the interview experience?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Got done with the interview today. It was very conversational. Few regular questions. Why MBA? Why now? Why Scheller? Strengths? Then both of my interviewers asked questions from my resume. Fingers crossed now. I hope I get an admit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
Got done with the interview today. It was very conversational. Few regular questions. Why MBA? Why now? Why Scheller? Strengths? Then both of my interviewers asked questions from my resume. Fingers crossed now. I hope I get an admit.

I also did my interview today. Was yours on campus?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts