Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Abhimirage wrote:
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Abhimirage wrote:
Done with the interview a week ago. was pretty conversational. I believe I could have done better on a few aspects but whats done is done! Best of luck to all of you!

I think every single one of us walks out of the interview keyed in on all the things we wish we would have said or things we should have said differently. I'm sure you did great though.

I just got a mail from Emily. She said that I have to schedule a second round of interview with the assistant director of career services! I don't know why though! Any idea or comments that would help me prepare for the same?\

My guess is they're trying to get a better idea of your career aspirations. Career services probably wants to get an idea of if they consider you "hire-able" or not. Would you mind sharing your background? I know when I did my interview I heard the term "hire-able" a lot so it seems like Scheller is big on making sure applicants aren't just a good fit for the program in general but also a potentially good candidate for competitive positions. I wouldn't stress it but just make sure you have your career goals outlined and that they fall somewhat within the parameters of the placement statistics of Scheller.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Thanks Ramrod2615 for your inputs. One of the reasons why I believe that I have been called for second interview is that I was interviewed by admissions director and a second year student. You might be right in saying that they need more info about my profile. About my profile, I have more than 5 years of experience in technology sector. I have been working with Samsung on a range of products including Samsung Blu-Ray players and Smart Tvs. I am looking forward to a career in technology consulting and wish to work with consulting giants like Accenture or delloite.
I have heard that tech companies do sponser visas for international students and they have a strong presence at Scheller. However, one questions asked in the interview has always perplexed me. i.e How would you go about looking for jobs in the US :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
Thanks Ramrod2615 for your inputs. One of the reasons why I believe that I have been called for second interview is that I was interviewed by admissions director and a second year student. You might be right in saying that they need more info about my profile. About my profile, I have more than 5 years of experience in technology sector. I have been working with Samsung on a range of products including Samsung Blu-Ray players and Smart Tvs. I am looking forward to a career in technology consulting and wish to work with consulting giants like Accenture or delloite.
I have heard that tech companies do sponser visas for international students and they have a strong presence at Scheller. However, one questions asked in the interview has always perplexed me. i.e How would you go about looking for jobs in the US :D

Yeah the work visa is something I know just about nothing about. It seems like your work experience align well with your goal and it seems like a pretty straightforward track that's common for Scheller. I spoke with the director of career services while I was there and he was saying that sometimes a language barrier is enough to cast doubt on the overall hire-ability of a candidate. Do you think that's a possible reason for additional scrutiny? Again, this is all speculation from me so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Abhimirage wrote:

Yeah the work visa is something I know just about nothing about. It seems like your work experience align well with your goal and it seems like a pretty straightforward track that's common for Scheller. I spoke with the director of career services while I was there and he was saying that sometimes a language barrier is enough to cast doubt on the overall hire-ability of a candidate. Do you think that's a possible reason for additional scrutiny? Again, this is all speculation from me so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

No I don't think I was pretty fluent and clear about my goals! They appreciated my answers on a few occasions. One reason that comes to my mind is that unlike other interviewees I wasnt interviewed by the career service guy. that's the only reason I can think of! Can you please let me know what sort of questions did the career service executive asked you? That might help me prepare better for the interview! Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
No I don't think I was pretty fluent and clear about my goals! They appreciated my answers on a few occasions. One reason that comes to my mind is that unlike other interviewees I wasnt interviewed by the career service guy. that's the only reason I can think of! Can you please let me know what sort of questions did the career service executive asked you? That might help me prepare better for the interview! Thanks in advance!

Yeah so I didn't actually "interview" with anyone from the career services center, but while we were all at the interview day, we had a lunch where they kind of intermingled with us and sort of informally gauged our career interests as casual conversation. Very, VERY basic questions that we've all probably already addressed about ten times in our essays and admissions interviews but I think the person I spoke with was trying to get a feel for my ability to interact with someone in a professional yet informal capacity. He did mention to me, because it's pretty rare in my profession, that being able to speak confidently to recruiters was a big selling point for candidates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hi

Did scheller school of Business roll out interview invites ? Can someone please respond !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LavanyaN wrote:
Hi

Did scheller school of Business roll out interview invites ? Can someone please respond !

For which round?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Round 1. My application status shows to dept for review

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LavanyaN wrote:

Final decisions for Round 1 are due out December 15th which is a solid three weeks away. Guessing that they're rolling out invites for at least another week or so.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So I have my interview with the Executive Director of career services, Jim Kraanzcsuch, I hope it goes well. Will post my debrief once I am done with the interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LavanyaN wrote:

\

have you been invited to the interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nope. I did not receive yet !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
So I have my interview with the Executive Director of career services, Jim Kraanzcsuch, I hope it goes well. Will post my debrief once I am done with the interview.

Met him during my interview. Definitely a "no nonsense" kind of guy. Tall, confident and strong personality but extremely knowledgeable about careers. Be sure you can speak with conviction about your career goals and how Scheller specifically will help you meet those goals (concentration, reputation, tech focus, extra curriculars, location, etc.) Spoke with a guy in my group who was interviewed by him and said the first question he asked was about his lack of work experience and that he "hammered" him during the interview about it. Doubt it was as bad as he made it seem, but make sure you look in the mirror prior to your interview and view yourself as objectively as possible and speak with humility and self awareness about any weaknesses.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
So I had my interview with the Executive Director of Career Services. I was completely grilled for like 45 mins. I am not so sure how it went. I bungled up in one response I just hope he considers the overall performance and give me a free pass on the one question I messed up! Fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Abhimirage wrote:
So I had my interview with the Executive Director of Career Services. I was completely grilled for like 45 mins. I am not so sure how it went. I bungled up in one response I just hope he considers the overall performance and give me a free pass on the one question I messed up! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for sharing your experience Abhimirage! I know you probably don't remember the questions he asked verbatim, but would you mind sharing the questions he asked for others who will interview with him in the future?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Abhimirage wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience Abhimirage! I know you probably don't remember the questions he asked verbatim, but would you mind sharing the questions he asked for others who will interview with him in the future?

Hi, first of all congratulations! I see you have changed your status to "Admitted". I thought decisions would be out on the 15th. When did you receive your admit? i'm sorry, but i was a little curious so had to ask.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mba87 wrote:
Hi, first of all congratulations! I see you have changed your status to "Admitted". I thought decisions would be out on the 15th. When did you receive your admit? i'm sorry, but i was a little curious so had to ask.

Not a problem. I was going to post a reply in this section but got sidetracked at work. So the director of admissions called me at about 11:15 this morning and congratulated me on being accepted and also went on to offer me $. I was EXTREMELY surprised and even told her that I wasn't expecting a decision for another two weeks. She said they were trying to roll out decisions as early as possible so I took that to mean that moving forward from here, round 1 applicants should probably expect a decision any time between now and December 15th.

The amount of money offered was generous for my academic profile, but I took the opportunity to ask about retaking the GMAT for consideration for additional aid. Long story short, I'm going to need to score a 700 in two months to be sitting fairly well when they evaluate the round two applicants. But judging from the profiles I see of people posting in here, I wouldn't stress the decision. You all seem way ahead of the general class profile.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts