Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [6]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [2]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
For those that are coming in for on-campus interviews, are you guys planning on doing any of the campus events (tours, lunch with students, class visits)? I'm trying to decide if I want to fly in early to do the lunch with students/class visits since I've already toured the campus and went to information session.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
I have an early interview, I signed up for lunch with students and a class in the evening. I didn't receive any confirmation though.
R1Hopeful wrote:
For those that are coming in for on-campus interviews, are you guys planning on doing any of the campus events (tours, lunch with students, class visits)? I'm trying to decide if I want to fly in early to do the lunch with students/class visits since I've already toured the campus and went to information session.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
R1Hopeful wrote:

I signed up for those events on the same day as my interview. I have never been to Kellogg so I figured it would be stupid not to take advantage of it. (In the off chance that I get into both Chicago Booth and Kellogg, the on campus visits will likely sway my decision).

If you've already gone to campus before you could probably skip it. Although talking to more students would probably be interesting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3.85
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Guys, will everyone who applied for Kellogg get at least an interview waived notification after submitting application? I saw Gmatclub statistics showing 50% candidates got interviewed last year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:Design (Transportation)
Send PM
Que Sera, Sera.... :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
alliatjtj wrote:
Guys, will everyone who applied for Kellogg get at least an interview waived notification after submitting application? I saw Gmatclub statistics showing 50% candidates got interviewed last year.

I was about to ask the same question. Has anyone received a waiver notification?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
alliatjtj wrote:

Hi, though they don't explicitly state that everyone will receive one or another, I think it's fair to assume that. Basically waiver means that they will review your application without interviewing you, hence they send them before actually reading your file.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 119
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
GOD!!! Does anyone else think that waiting for these invitations to come through is more stressful than the 'normal' process followed by other schools who only send out invites to people they're interested in?! The time period for the latter usually lasts 1-2 weeks and you have a start and end-date in mind. This one seems to take aggggesss.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Does anyone know on-campus interview is from student or AO?
Will head to campus Friday :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Send PM
woshichailin wrote:
Does anyone know on-campus interview is from student or AO?
Will head to campus Friday :lol: :lol:

It could be both. When I visited the campus, I saw interviews were conducted by both 2nd yr students and AO's
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Can you be happy and successful?

Will Harper ’14 entered graduate school like many 20-somethings, eager to learn and searching for his life’s purpose. While at Kellogg, Harper organized a five-person team under the direction of Harry Kraemer ’79, clinical professor of strategy, and turned his personal journey into a six-month research project focused on understanding the components of happiness.

Two years later, that six-month project has evolved into a business in which Harper consults with companies and works with business leaders to build happiness and fulfillment — for themselves and their employees — into their strategies for success.

In a talk hosted by the Kellogg Business Leadership Club on Oct. 2, Harper spoke with students about the need to build fulfillment in their lives while finding career success.

Barriers to happiness

While developing his business after graduation, Harper quickly learned that many professionals were so focused on being efficient and successful, they found themselves unfulfilled and struggling to find their purpose. So in his talk to students, Harper started with a few basic questions to get the conversation moving: “What are my skills?” “What am I good at?” “What do I love?” and “What are my values?”

“Where those things intersect, that’s the most powerful version of you,” he said. “And if we apply that powerful version of you to the needs in the world, that’s where you get the biggest impact. It’s also where you get the most happiness.”

Read more about Harper’s talk to Kellogg students.

Learn more about Kellogg’s Full-Time MBA program.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: alumni, business leadership, guest speakers, happiness, leadership
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GPA: 3.85
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
So quite these days? Anyone got invite?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Spending my summer starting a business

By Blair Pircon

The best way for work to not feel like work is to own what you do. I think that’s why the best organizations and managers seek to instill a sense of ownership in their employees. The entrepreneurial endeavor takes ownership to the extreme by combining intense personal responsibility with complete impact. Everything that is accomplished depends, in large part, on you.

This summer, I led the launch of an edtech startup, The Graide Network, and discovered that deep sense of ownership for myself, along with many other lessons about business. And I got hooked.

The Graide Network started as an idea pitched at a Kellogg social impact event. After six months of research, a few classmates and I realized that the pain point was real, wide-spread and important. Teachers and students are paying too great a price for the way classrooms are structured. Teachers simply don’t have enough time to give their students high-quality feedback, which is the factor shown to have the greatest impact on learning.

To solve this, the Graide Network sources qualified teaching assistants and provides an online platform where they help teachers grade and provide feedback on student work. If disruption is about breaking down the compromises we make, The Graide Network aims to break down the compromises made between time and learning.

Foregoing a traditional MBA internship, I spent the summer incubating The Graide Network at Leap Innovations, an edtech R&D center within the startup hub of 1871 in Chicago. With the help of grant funding and an outside technology team, we designed and built our beta web application and launched our pilot in September. We are currently matching teachers from ten public middle and high schools with teacher candidates from eight universities, with more signing up every week.

In the spirit of the learning community of Kellogg, I would like to share a few things I learned about entrepreneurship from my summer experience:

VISION

The vision is your startup’s reason for existence. You will spend most of your time communicating this vision to other people. You need to know and believe in this vision deeply if you want your prospective customers, partners, suppliers and investors to believe it, too. Maybe it’s just human nature, but I have come to believe that adversity sharpens passion. Being told no (a lot) and hearing about all the obstacles merely serves as added motivation.

PERSISTENCE

Be relentless. It takes tenacity to accomplish many things in business, but especially in a new business. If at the end of the week, you feel like you have spent it knocking down walls, it’s because you have been. DO NOT GIVE UP. The barriers between getting someone’s attention and getting their action are high. It is rarely your first try that works, so follow up.

REFLECTION

It is surprisingly easy, addictive in fact, to get lost in the details of running a startup. Everything is urgent and important. But I found that I could be much more productive when I took the time to think about our goals, the skills of the team and prioritize. I am beginning to think this practice of reflection is the secret to good management as well.

I hope to continue learning from The Graide Network as we bring much needed support to more and more teachers each year. Check us out at thegraidenetwork.com and please share with the teachers in your life!

Blair Pircon is a second-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA program. In addition to being founder and CEO of The Graide Network, she also serves as Co-President of the WBA. Prior to Kellogg, she worked in equity research at Robert W. Baird covering education services and softline retail.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: 1871, entrepreneurship, life lessons, social impact, Startup, WBA, Women's Business Association
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Anyone flying in to O'Hare early morning of the 23rd to interview / take part in some on campus sessions/tours/Q&A/classes? My flight arrives around 8 AM CST, if anyone else will be around, I'd love to share a cab or make my way to Evanston with someone to chat with :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
I'll be flying in on the 22nd. On 23rd, I am planning to attend the afternoon class, student hosted lunch and probably the tour.
We can meet up if you are attending any of those events.
overboard wrote:
Anyone flying in to O'Hare early morning of the 23rd to interview / take part in some on campus sessions/tours/Q&A/classes? My flight arrives around 8 AM CST, if anyone else will be around, I'd love to share a cab or make my way to Evanston with someone to chat with :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview yesterday on Skype...indian applicant..it was quite conversational. Same questions...tell me about yourself? Challenging task? Situation when you managed a difficult team? Strength weakness? One question on leadership? Short term and long term? Why mba? Why Kellogg? What will you contribute to Kellogg? Questions for us?
Interviewer was super friendly and she was from adcom. And I think the choice of who gets an invite for interview from Kellogg is completely random, as she said this is a blind interview and they have not even seen my application. I would believe them so people who get a waiver..sit tight ur invite will be on the way :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
I have done mine as well, with an alumni.

Anyone know how we can see if they submitted the report? Has anyone's application status page from simply "payment received"?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts