Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 704 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Re: ISB vs. IIM-A PGPX? [#permalink]
Kudos
As per my understanding ISB provides better opportunities for people with healthcare domain. We have electives designed for healthcare industry and recruiters such as max healthcare, dr reddy's, novartis , apollo etc visit every year.

Also a lot of alums and current batch belong to this industry. I'm not sure what kind of opportunities you'd get in IIMs for that.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [5]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Congratulations on your admit. It's great to have options. Although i am not an expert, but here goes what I think.

IIM A : Great school, great brand name, awesome opportunities, small class which is a great thing, and a class that is more or less experienced in the range you are. Thus, you will have more peer learning, a very important aspect of any MBA course, compared to ISB, which has reletively younger class. Although PGP is the flagship course at IIM A, PGPX cannot be undermined as the faculty and resources at your disposal remain the same. It's upto you, how you decide to take things further. However, I would advice you to do your own research. Talk to as many current students as you can. That would help.

ISB: Again an awesome brand name, a great launch pad for your career enhancement, an unmatched global faculty. The only downside that I see, is the class strength. 800+ is a big number, and that is what scares me of ISB. I can imagine scenes at placement, no matter how efficient the department is.

Final words : Think hard, as to what you want to gain out of your time, money, and efforts. You will find your answers. If I were you, I would be spending my day talking to as many students and alumni and get all my doubts cleared. But I feel IIM A might just suit you more.

BR.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
aadikamagic wrote:
As per my understanding ISB provides better opportunities for people with healthcare domain. We have electives designed for healthcare industry and recruiters such as max healthcare, dr reddy's, novartis , apollo etc visit every year.

Also a lot of alums and current batch belong to this industry. I'm not sure what kind of opportunities you'd get in IIMs for that.

Hey! Thanks for the advice. I see you got admits to both as well. Which one did you choose?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
souvilibra wrote:
Congratulations on your admit. It's great to have options. Although i am not an expert, but here goes what I think.

IIM A : Great school, great brand name, awesome opportunities, small class which is a great thing, and a class that is more or less experienced in the range you are. Thus, you will have more peer learning, a very important aspect of any MBA course, compared to ISB, which has reletively younger class. Although PGP is the flagship course at IIM A, PGPX cannot be undermined as the faculty and resources at your disposal remain the same. It's upto you, how you decide to take things further. However, I would advice you to do your own research. Talk to as many current students as you can. That would help.

ISB: Again an awesome brand name, a great launch pad for your career enhancement, an unmatched global faculty. The only downside that I see, is the class strength. 800+ is a big number, and that is what scares me of ISB. I can imagine scenes at placement, no matter how efficient the department is.

Final words : Think hard, as to what you want to gain out of your time, money, and efforts. You will find your answers. If I were you, I would be spending my day talking to as many students and alumni and get all my doubts cleared. But I feel IIM A might just suit you more.

BR.

Thank you so much for the advice. I agree, both have their pros and cons. I have heard a lot about people unnecessarily mentioning the fact that PGPX isn't the flagship program, but even if it isn't it's still rated higher than ISB (at least on FT). The good thing about ISB is definitely the wide network you will build. As a PGPX graduate, do you have access to the PGP network as well or do the PGPs regard the PGPXs as a separate community altogether?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
Schools: ISB '17 (A$)
Send PM
Kudos
archya wrote:
Even I have the same problem. Am a doctor with eight years experience in the healthcare setup. So which one would be better for my needs if I want tonstay in the healthcare industry ?

hi, i have a similar profile to yours, dentist with 7+ years of experience, i have an admit from IIMA , waiting for ISB results, which one will you be inclining towards?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Really confused at present. You got a call for IimA Pgpx? Send me your no or email and we can discuss....
I am actually waiting for the experts to advice me on this
It's a hard call for me, given my experience

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ISB vs. IIM-A PGPX? [#permalink]
Kudos
archya wrote:
Really confused at present. You got a call for IimA Pgpx? Send me your no or email and we can discuss....
I am actually waiting for the experts to advice me on this
It's a hard call for me, given my experience

Hey Guys,

This article may help. It is very nicely drafted and covers most aspects that you guys are looking for. I believe IIM A has a better brand name than its other counterparts both in FT and Domestic Rankings which drives the brand image globally. My 2 cents will be if you are still undecided after talking to alums go for IIM A.

https://www.oneyearmba.co.in/one-year-mb ... t-for-you/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
Hey people,

I've been lucky enough to be accepted to both the ISB full time 1 year program as well as the 1 year PGPX program at IIM. I have about 10 years of work experience in technology in both a corporate and startup environment. My goal post MBA is to continue in technology.

Taking all aspects into account, which school would you suggest I enroll in. Obviously, pay and placement are the number 1 priority but I don't want to disregard the other facets of the MBA experience completely either. Any constructive advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

First of all, hearty congrats :) Given that you have 10 years of experience you might want to consider IIM A. Can you please share your profile ? I am preparing for a re-take and IIM A PGPX is on my list.

Thanks in advance :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Marketing (Education)
Send PM
Ashman843, where did you join finally? An insight will be helpful for this year's applicants.

Thanks, and congratulations!!!

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am in Defence and have 18+ work exp. I too am in a dilemma between IIM-A and ISB PGP. What about placement program at both places. Any inputs??
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts