Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Send PM
Re: Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test [#permalink]
Kudos
satts wrote:
Anyone with review for the Mumbai Andheri center

I had a tough time finding a review for this center, so here we go. Please note, I have never done a test anywhere else so I don't have any reference points.

Center Name : Pearson Vue - Solitaire Corporate Park (Andheri East)
City & Country : Mumbai, India
Parking facility : There was plenty of parking on the campus. I would just call ahead of time to ensure they have some spots of their own. I Ubered there myself.
Invigilator Reviews : They were nice enough.
Environment : It's on a corporate center so a bit away from the road. You don't need to worry about hearing noises from outside. The center was clean, well maintained, etc. I didn't have any issues.
Rating 5/5 : 5
Additional Info :

Scratch boards: Before the test when I asked, they said I needed to finish my entire board before I could have a new one (even between sections). You could argue this point and say that technically it's okay to switch it out at the break (citing that you called GMAC). But I decided to keep things cordial and just ensure that I filled up my board by the end of IR. That said, they didn't do a careful check when I requested a new board.

Ear plugs are provided and worked very well to block out the typing of my neighbors (people can be there for other tests too FYI).

It's a big center (much bigger I'm told than the Marine Lines center). There are about 15 stations. But with the earplugs there really weren't any distractions. I took it on a Monday and there were only 4 of us taking tests.

Nothing else to say. No issues with this test centre. If you read some advice threads on forums for test day, there shouldn't be any surprises. Go for it!

Debrief Link : Haven't done one
Do's & Don't s :
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi All,

It would be really great if someone can share his/her GMAT test experience at Ansal university in Gurgaon. Is it O.K., bad or good ? Since it's a new center struggling to get any reviews about it. Need to schedule GMAT and urgently need your inputs. Please suggest! :roll:

Thanks
Andy
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 1180 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.92
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Center Name : Pearson Professional Center
City & Country : Chicago, IL, USA
Parking facility : not available
Invigilator Reviews : Although the personal was friendly and very well instructed, there is not always a person looking for those who need a break. I've given 2 times GMAT at this center; and both times I lost ~5-10 min of my break time. This is frustrating.
Environment : aprox. 15-20 test takers in the room. Big headphones...each PC was properly separated.
Rating 5/5 : 3/5
Additional Info : n/a
Debrief Link : n/a
Do's & Don't s : I've taken 2 times the Test, and both times arrived earlier. They do allow people to take the exam earlier than scheduled. If you want to take your test on the time scheduled, arrive 5-10 min max at the test center.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ansal University centre is very good. Located in a quiet corner on the top floor. Very helpful invigilator and toilets are very close to the centre.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi.
I am Planning to opt for Ansal university, Gurgaon centre. Can anyone please give a review about the location and infrastructure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT Date: 08-04-2015
Send PM
Center Name : Pearson Vue - GATS, Symphony C, Ashok Nagar, Range Hill Rd., Pune.
City & Country : Pune, India
Parking facility : There was enough parking space for a two-wheeler, cars would be parked on the roadside I guess, not a problem.
Invigilator Reviews : They were nice except for nobody came to respond twice in the middle of the Quants section. Both the pens provided got dried and it was quite tough situation, more on this later.
Environment : The center is roadside, so there are vehicular noises, but Range Hill Rd. is quite serene compared to the mad traffic on other city roads. You don't need to worry much about noises, it was fine with an earplug. The room for six was quite congested (like a typical cybercafe in India) and be ready to tolerate fanatic sounds of keyboard strokes. This is a imp info, guys, unless you are the last guy starting the test you are bound to suffer keyboard music during your IR, Quants or Verbal section. Pearson claims to have noise proof separation, but in practice, folks are sitting in 2 rows with no separation from the guy behind you. So, how does the noise-proof thing matters. The center was clean.
Rating 5/5 : 1.5/5
Additional Info : Pls pay attention. There are quite a few points:
1. 2 marker pens provided to each student. Both were kind of weird, one stopped writing right away and the second one exhausted in IR. At that point I felt helpless, cos I was still not so accustomed to the small room and fanatic keyboard sounds by others. Decided to finish the section cos only 5 mins left. Complained about that, but it seemed it was common there, everybody had it. :? :roll: All in all I changed both the pens 4 times, but not satisfied :x One kind madam suggested, close the cap after use, don't keep it open :shock:
2. The reason behind keyboard cacophony was the worn out keyboards. Have u seen keyboards on sale road-side @ Rs.50 /pc.? Well, u ll find them at GATS, Pune. I found no point complaining, bcos even if they had changed it would have taken precious time and u don't need keyboard after AWA.
3. The laminated sheet was very very old and blackened by re-re-re-use. All were facing it, well it's India, 'complain' is no word in our dictionary.
Now u may guess, why they didn't come to respond, I was asking to replace pens.
Needless to say, I am thinking about Mumbai center for the re-test. Guys, pls write full reviews about everything that cud be a possible threat to anybody. In GATS, one brave girl was arguing with the proctor about facilities on expense of her own AWA time.
I DON'T BLAME my score on them, but the review may help the next guy.
I read all reviews before booking the center, but never found anything so wrong.
BE VOCAL FRIENDS.

Binit.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
goelnalini wrote:
Hi.
I am Planning to opt for Ansal university, Gurgaon centre. Can anyone please give a review about the location and infrastructure.

goelnalini

I am planning to take the GMAT in Gurgaon. In case you have taken the test, can you please share your review. It'll be very helpful for me.

Thanking in anticipation.
Director
Director
Send PM
AnubhavRao wrote:
poddarpr
Hi, did you use the ansal test center?
If yes, how was it?

AnubhavRao

Did you see the Ansal Centre ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
Hi All,

Looking for some reviews/feedback on Ansal University, Gurgaon Test Center for GMAT. I need to schedule my exam in a next day or so, hence, a quick response will be deeply appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [2]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Kudos
athoopal wrote:
Any reviews of the South Mumbai test center?

I am assuming you are talking about "Think Education Advisory Services LLP" in Marine lines, Mumbai

This center is really bad and I would say need some attention from GMAC.

Facility location and noise from outside is ok. The lady and the other staff member there really want to get their nose into everything that a candidate is doing. Highly unprofessional. No wonder, you can get an appointment there just a day in advance!!

First of all, when I gave a test there, they needed to make a contact with server for 3 times. This resulted in delay in starting the test. It also lead to my quant verbal break being extended to 20+ mins. Such anomalies are not to your advantage. More time simply doesnt mean that you get good refresher. In the middle of exam, such technical glitches frustrated. The same thing did happen in the beginning of the test. Plus, the lady talks a hell lot in between such breaks. I believe most us use 8 min break to put ourself together, not to talk about random new topic with faculty at test center.

The testing area is separated from rest of the facility, where the staff sits, by a very thin and noisy door. The door keeps on banging now and then. Plus, the technical glitches that happened with couple of candidates disturbs the others as well, as the staff enters the testing room and makes phone calls to sort out the technical login issues. Not to mention, the staff keeps talking outside the testing room, leading to noise inside the testing area as well. The staff also have tendency to put their nose into candidates screen when he is done with the test and filling up personal details, just before the result screen. Such unprofessional intrusion disturbs other candidates. Why would they need to come and say what to fill up and what not to? I mean, there is no need to do so and I dont even think GMAC wants staff to do so. Such behaviour when coupled with small testing area that accommodates 6 or 8 candiate back to back is the recipe for disaster.
Director
Director
Send PM
Anyone with the Gurgaon Centre Review ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
satts wrote:
Anyone with review for the Mumbai Andheri center

Its pathetic.The invigilators don't let you live in peace 2/5.Marine lines center is way better.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 339
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Tuck
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any review for Coimbatore test center. It is relatively a new center and there is no review available for this center. It is located in 100 feet road and all test slots are available.

would really appreciate if someone could provide review for this center. If you know any of your friend who has already taken exam in this center and provide his feedback, it will be really helpful as well :).

Thanks in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [2]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT Date: 08-29-2013
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

It seems people are reading reviews of test centers here and not leaving a review of their test centers after the GMAT. We are a big community and our preparation for good GMAT score depends on the interaction with each other. If we are not helping others with our experiences and solving each other queries their is no point of just reading and scrolling through the page. Some of the test centers in the past have been closed and some are fairly new. Its very sure that many people sitting for GMAT have gone through this thread before booking their dates and checking out reviews for the test centers. I kindly request everyone that share your test center reviews and spread some word (good or bad) about the it. Remember the test is not cheap and everyone should make the best of their investments. Study hard and never settle !!

Test center for Dwarka in sector 23 is not showing in the list while booking the test date. Is anyone facing same issue? Therefore I am looking for some reviews/feedback on Ansal University, Gurgaon Test Center for GMAT. What do you think about this center? Noise level / Bathrooms / disturbance level / Invigilators / Atmosphere etc. A quick review from you guys would be deeply appreciated. Thank you guys.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
anshul1208 wrote:
Hello everyone,

It seems people are reading reviews of test centers here and not leaving a review of their test centers after the GMAT. We are a big community and our preparation for good GMAT score depends on the interaction with each other. If we are not helping others with our experiences and solving each other queries their is no point of just reading and scrolling through the page. Some of the test centers in the past have been closed and some are fairly new. Its very sure that many people sitting for GMAT have gone through this thread before booking their dates and checking out reviews for the test centers. I kindly request everyone that share your test center reviews and spread some word (good or bad) about the it. Remember the test is not cheap and everyone should make the best of their investments. Study hard and never settle !!

Test center for Dwarka in sector 23 is not showing in the list while booking the test date. Is anyone facing same issue? Therefore I am looking for some reviews/feedback on Ansal University, Gurgaon Test Center for GMAT. What do you think about this center? Noise level / Bathrooms / disturbance level / Invigilators / Atmosphere etc. A quick review from you guys would be deeply appreciated. Thank you guys.

Yes, Dwarka test centre has been removed from the list. So, you have only Yusuf Sarai, South Delhi and Ansal University, Gurgaon in NCR region now. One of my friends has recently taken the test at Gurgaon. According to him, the place is quiet and there was no discrepancy when he took the test. I'll rather ask him to write the full review so that everyone here can benefit.

rajsinghal71 - Can you please share your review of Ansal University, Gurgaon ! Many people have been looking for Ansal's review for quite a long time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 09-01-2015
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos