It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 04:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 223 [1], given: 4

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2016, 10:01
This post received
KUDOS
Samcom wrote:
My gmat date is on 15th Sept,Thursday, this week and there is a strike on that day (Cauvery Issue - Karnataka Vs Tamil Nadu).
will call these guys to confirm whether they will operate on that day. Just wanted to know if somebody has taken GMAT on a strike/Bandh day.
The situation does seem quite bad. I'd advise you not to take the exam if there's any sort of shutdown.

I don't see how the center could be open if there's any kind of disturbance. If it's shut they'll offer you the chance to reschedule your test for free.

Posted from my mobile device

Profile and Official GMAT score report

Kudos [?]: 223 [1], given: 4

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [1], given: 26

Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.37

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 06:42
This post received
KUDOS
AjiteshArun wrote:
Samcom wrote:
My gmat date is on 15th Sept,Thursday, this week and there is a strike on that day (Cauvery Issue - Karnataka Vs Tamil Nadu).
will call these guys to confirm whether they will operate on that day. Just wanted to know if somebody has taken GMAT on a strike/Bandh day.
The situation does seem quite bad. I'd advise you not to take the exam if there's any sort of shutdown.

I don't see how the center could be open if there's any kind of disturbance. If it's shut they'll offer you the chance to reschedule your test for free.

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks Ajitesh - sorry for a late reply - thankfully there was no bandh today. Just came back from the center. I scored, not so impressive, 680 (Q-47, V-36, IR-8). I think this score is not reflective of my capabilities. I couldn't sleep at all last night, also forgot my glasses. I had scored 700, 730 (GMAT prep) and 750 (power prep). Planning for a retake.

"Give without remembering, take without forgetting"
- Kudos

Kudos [?]: 21 [1], given: 26

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 09:58
GMAT = Graduate management Admissions Test (used specifically for admissions into graduate level business programs)

----------

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 61

Reviews Badge
Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 12:38
This post received
KUDOS
Took the GMAT exam today at the Pearson Vue Center - Noida. Would rate it 5/5. Its located in a commercial office building and has ample parking space. The washrooms are located on the same floor as the test center and within walking distance. The center is new as it began operations only a few months back. The center had pin-drop silence and the staff was very professional and helpful. The chairs were really comfortable and they provide you with noise cancellation headphones and 3M earplugs. They provide you with the 0.4mm Staedtler non permanent lumocolor marker which is much easier to write with than some other thicker ones. Faced dry marker issues during the verbal section and the staff was prompt in replacing them. The whole experience was great. Can't think of any flaw.

Last edited by ac556 on 15 Dec 2016, 04:53, edited 2 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 61

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2016, 21:59
This post received
KUDOS
kochikame wrote:
Yes please, any review for the test Centre Sakar Edutech Private Ltd. Jaipur, India would be highly appreciated..

I am a resident of Jaipur and given GMAT one time in Sakar Edutech Private Ltd., Jaipur. Exam comfort is a very important factor to achieve a big score but I think it is not what you are going to get there. I think it is one of the pathetic centers one could come across. It is the only Pearson Vue authorized center in Jaipur which force people sometime to take it as they lack options.

Negative aspects of the center: 1) It is a very small building ( rather a single room) in an old office complex in MI Road. The Computer systems are very old and the cabin space is very congested. It is the same situation as in a computer lab of some private teaching centers.
2) There is no locker room facility which is the worst part of it. There is one almirah with no locking facility. The safety of your personal lingers on your mind while taking test.
3) The worst part is that they always lack with amenities like writing pad, pens etc. I remember the instance when a boy who was taking test along with me asked for extra writing pad. But the invigilator said that they do not have it. We all were shocked. He told us in our break that Pearson Vue supply all the materials to the center. He has coordinated with them but they have not supplied materials yet. Things like ear-plugs and head plugs are out of league things in this place; but as per Pearson Vue standards they are compulsory things to be provided by the center to their candidates irrespective of whether they use it or not.
4) Adjacent to the room where we took test, there was a classroom where computer classes use to take place. Noise of the teaching and rumble of student made it worse.
5) Sometimes construction activities also does carry out because it is a old office complex after all.
6) Last but not the least are bathroom facilities which is pathetic. it looked like some public bathroom with no cleanliness and broken window. I am not writing this out of the fact that I want a 5 star kind of center for my test but writing due to the reason that every candidate deserves a minimum level of exam comfort.

Positive aspects of the center: 1) if you are resident of Jaipur and specially live near MI road then it will be a convenient center to give exam.
2) Invigilator was very cooperative and tried his best to provide all the facilities at his disposal.

Suggestion: It is far better to opt for some good center in Delhi if you can travel a bit. For example- Pearson professional Center Noida sector 16 A , Ansal University Gurgaon will be my recommendations.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 00:41
This post received
KUDOS
ac556 wrote:
vks0088 wrote:
any reviews for Pearson Noida Centre newly opened a month back ???

Took the GMAT exam today at the Pearson Vue Center - Noida. Would rate it 5/5. Its located in a commercial office building and has ample parking space. The washrooms are located on the same floor as the test center and within walking distance. The center is new as it began operations only a few months back. The center had pin-drop silence and the staff was very professional and helpful. The chairs were really comfortable and they provide you with noise cancellation headphones and 3M earplugs. Faced issues with my marker during the verbal section and the staff was prompt in replacing them. The whole experience was great. Can't think of any flaw.

Yeah I had the same wonderful experience at Pearson Vue Professional Center- Noida. It is perfect to have your GMAT. Pearson Vue needs to open more centers like this rather than opting for authorized centers which do not match their standards.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 117

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 02:16
Hi Guys

Wanted to know which is the better test center in Mumbai: Pearson Professional test center (Andheri) or the Think Education Advisory Services LLP test center (Marine Lines)?

Experiences and suggestions are welcome.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 117

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2017, 15:03
This post received
KUDOS
I took the exam in Prague (GOPAS). I am very satisfied with my experience there (I did not expect much though).

There are only 4 places available, so it is not so crowded (and with me maximum people were three, although most of them time just two of us). We got noise cancelling headphones and earplugs. I have never used earplugs but noise cancelling heaphones were great. I also received tissues (and of course pad and two pens).
The staff was in other room watching through cameras. Whenever I raised my hand they showed immediately. They were patient in explaining me exactly what I can or cannot do. Because I am not from Czech Republic and I arrived to Prague just for the exam, I had a backpack with me. They were understanding to that and offer me two lockers - one for my backpack and one for the snacks which I took with me for the exam. In the centre there was free coffee, chocolate, water, coke which was a nice touch (especially espresso saved me). You cannot leave the centre at any time. It took me around 6 minutes to use the toilet and get espresso and water, eat my snack and come back to the room.

When I arrived they firstly asked if I want a coffee and if I need anything which was also nice, I could feel there is no rush even if I was only 10 minutes before the time. The attitude of the staff was to make that experience as good as possible so I can pass the exam perfectly.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28464 [0], given: 5105

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2017, 15:22
dudiona wrote:
I took the exam in Prague (GOPAS). I am very satisfied with my experience there (I did not expect much though).

There are only 4 places available, so it is not so crowded (and with me maximum people were three, although most of them time just two of us). We got noise cancelling headphones and earplugs. I have never used earplugs but noise cancelling heaphones were great. I also received tissues (and of course pad and two pens).
The staff was in other room watching through cameras. Whenever I raised my hand they showed immediately. They were patient in explaining me exactly what I can or cannot do. Because I am not from Czech Republic and I arrived to Prague just for the exam, I had a backpack with me. They were understanding to that and offer me two lockers - one for my backpack and one for the snacks which I took with me for the exam. In the centre there was free coffee, chocolate, water, coke which was a nice touch (especially espresso saved me). You cannot leave the centre at any time. It took me around 6 minutes to use the toilet and get espresso and water, eat my snack and come back to the room.

When I arrived they firstly asked if I want a coffee and if I need anything which was also nice, I could feel there is no rush even if I was only 10 minutes before the time. The attitude of the staff was to make that experience as good as possible so I can pass the exam perfectly.

Wow. Sounds like a "business class" GMAT Experience. That sounds great. Hope you got a great score!
Thank you for posting a review!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 02:06
Guys, any review for the lucknow centre?? would greatly appreciate it!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 03:19
dudiona That is definitely a wow-ish experience! Just curious to know. What part of the world do you come from?

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 79

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2017, 08:19
Guys, any review for the lucknow centre?? would greatly appreciate it

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2017, 08:28
Hi Guys,

Any review of the GMAT center in Lucknow ? Would appreciate any information regarding it since I intend to give my GMAT exam from Lucknow so want to assure that everything is in place.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 24

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2017, 23:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

Did anyone take exam at Myra School of Business, Mysore, India? I am not seeing a single slot in Pearson Center, Bangalore until Sept. 26th. That is too far. So I am planning to book GMAT slot at Myra, Mysore. Please review if any one has taken exam there. Please let us how is the noise level at the test center, how is the atmosphere at the test center, how far it is from the city, can you get a taxi there conveniently to get back to the city?

Thanks,
Ramya

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 24

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 00:03
ramyanag wrote:
Hi,

Did anyone take exam at Myra School of Business, Mysore, India? I am not seeing a single slot in Pearson Center, Bangalore until Sept. 26th. That is too far. So I am planning to book GMAT slot at Myra, Mysore. Please review if any one has taken exam there. Please let us how is the noise level at the test center, how is the atmosphere at the test center, how far it is from the city, can you get a taxi there conveniently to get back to the city?

FYI - If you check it daily/few times a day, you will be able to find slots as people cancel/move exams. Usually test centers cover many tests, so chances of people shifting/postponing and opening up slots are quite good.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Director
Director
S

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 859

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 00:14
Dear BB, now I can see why interpreting all options and the passage has always been struggling to me. The problem is not I am bad at reading English. Rather, it is because now I can see the argument in a much different way. The passage is not just consisted of logic words that build a strong argument, gmat actually....

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 859

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 62

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2017, 04:25
Hi brs1cob, Can you let me know how your experience was at the Coimbatore GMAT test center (Indra Institute of Education). I visited the center but I am not convinced of the facilities or the staff's response there. Your review would help me to decide a center soon!

Thanks in Advance!

Abbhilash

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 62

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 22:25
Has anyone given the test at UNISOFT TECHNOLOGIES, KUNDALAHALLI, BANGALORE? Please help me with these queries.

1. How many test takers give the test at a time?
2. How are invigilators, Is there any disturbance?
3. Should one wait and give the test at a later date in Pearson venue?
4. Any other advice one should follow while selecting test centre?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 15

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2017, 23:38
+1 on a review for the unisoft one in kundanahalli. Manipal was booked up all the way till Sep 27th so i was forced to schedule on the 4th of sep at unisoft. Have no idea where it is. Hell, it doesn't even show up on google maps.

On that note, is it rare for spots to open up due to other people re-scheduling?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 15

VP
VP
D

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2017, 05:20
calappa1234 wrote:
+1 on a review for the unisoft one in kundanahalli. Manipal was booked up all the way till Sep 27th so i was forced to schedule on the 4th of sep at unisoft. Have no idea where it is. Hell, it doesn't even show up on google maps.

On that note, is it rare for spots to open up due to other people re-scheduling?
Not really. Even with the main Pearson center (a few) slots opened up in August as the month went on. But as a test taker, you really can't rely on that (you might not get the day or time that you want).

I think a lot of people would appreciate your posting a review after you take the exam on the 4th. All the best!

Profile and Official GMAT score report

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 4

Re: Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test   [#permalink] 14 Aug 2017, 05:20

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 134 posts ] 

Test Center Reviews for GMAT Test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HiLine

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap