Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 12:02 It is currently 09 May 2024, 12:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Do you guys think that I should force her to write to GMAC for a re-take?

You may select 1 option
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [2]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4667 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GRE 1: Q166 V155
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Send PM
Re: Test Center Review - Unisoft Technologies - Nagpur Maharashtra India [#permalink]
Kudos
There is a new center in Bangalore and I think it could be from the same Unisoft in Nagpur. I also received an email asking for photo copies and had a pretty bad experience with the center. When I was about to finish my AWA, the center lost internet connectivity. Can't imagine a testing center that would have these kinds of issues. That completely wrecked the IR, and some bits of AWA of too (lost around 60 to 90 seconds), with the outage itself for approximately 20 minutes.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4667 [0]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Test Center Review - Unisoft Technologies - Nagpur Maharashtra India [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rdeivana wrote:
I also received an email asking for photo copies and had a pretty bad experience with the center.
I wonder why they are doing this. When I took the GMAT, they just scanned my passport. They did ask for another ID, but no photocopies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Test Center Review - Unisoft Technologies - Nagpur Maharashtra India [#permalink]
I gave my gmat today here at unisoft nagpur
Its the worst centre
Please do not give your gmat here.
During my gmat, i selected the v-q-ir awa sequence
It was all okay till the mid quant section when the questions were getting tougher n tougher ( which meant i was doing good)and then BOOMMMM the exam window froze and suddenly disappeared.
I was shocked
I called for help and they took around 9-10 mins fixing it
Scared as hell , I resumed my exam nd saw that 6 mins were gone
So i just hurried, took guesses on the difficult ones so that i can complete the exam . But wait theres still more ....
Then after some 7- 8mins the centre guy comes and asks me if i want to regain my lost time and
i obviously said yes ! ( and i got the extra time )
Had i known that such a thing is possible i would have solved properly the questions i hurried through and it woulg have made a lot of difference to the score
When i asked about problem they had no idea why such a thing happened
Then done with my exam
when i was ready to go home, they stopped me and said that i had to sign a form which clearly stated that
“Due to technical glitches my exam interrupted and that-
I was given the option of cancelling my exam and giving it at another time place of my choice
I rejected the offer and instead went ahead with the exam”

In fact , i was not made any such offer ,how was i supposed to sign that
When i objected the owner threatened me saying that we gave extra mins for your exam , we will raise your case with the gmac!!!! And somthing of the sorts
The fattu that i am i signed it.
So this was my gmat
All the hard work for all these months gone to the dust just because some ******** cannot get their **** together

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 31
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi.
I am planning to give my GMAT at the nagpur centre... should I go for nagpur or choose some other centre. Is that centre still the same.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Test Center Review - Unisoft Technologies - Nagpur Maharashtra India [#permalink]
Hello, anyone reading this who is considering this center to give one of the most expensive and important exams to score that solid master's degree. My experience with this center wasn't great, and I wish to share it with y'all so that you can think twice before giving your exam here.

After reading several bad reviews wrt this test center, I was a bit paranoid about giving my GMAT here. However a friend who gave it recently had a decent experience.

But guess what - the test center decided to cancel my appointment date 3 days before my scheduled exam day!
Yes. You read that right.

I called the center the week before my appointment date (T-7 days) to confirm and to inquire whether I could visit the center before my scheduled appointment just to get a feel of the place. They seemed hesitant to let me visit that day for no solid reason, and told me to check back with them on a day I knew they'd be shut on account of a public holiday. It seemed suspect to me that they were acting weird about me wanting to visit, but I brushed it off.

Come T-3 days before test day, I receive a mail from Pearson VUE stating that I will have to reschedule/cancel my appointment since the center is unable to deliver my test on the date I picked.

I made haste and called GMAC's customer care IMMEDIATELY who helped reschedule my exam since the nagpur test center was facing issues to conduct the exam. I was told by the exec on call that this was due to 'website maintenance' work they were undertaking, which didn't really make sense to me. The next available date at the same center was a month from then and naturally, I didn't want to wait that long to give the test when I was fully prepared in every way possible to give it immediately. So I made use of my rescheduling opportunity to change my test center and opted for the next available slot at a Pearson official center outside the city. I was in no mood to trust Unisoft to be prepared a month from then to deliver my exam.

To summarise, do give a good thought before scheduling your exam at this center. Pre-exam nerves are hard enough to deal with and the last thing you want is your appointment being cancelled on you! I wouldn't want anyone to go through what I did.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Has anyone completed their GMAT exam at this center recently? Any recent reviews would help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
abannore wrote:
Has anyone completed their GMAT exam at this center recently? Any recent reviews would help.

YesPlease, I have an appointment coming up with this Center and I will be traveling all the way to take GMAT at tjis center.
Please share your latest experience at this center
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I am planning to give exam here during october?
Any recent experiens?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Send PM
Can anyone confirm the same? Any recent real reviews? I am/was planning to take GMAT in this test centre in a couple of months.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
GJ2020 wrote:
Any recent experiens?

How was your test? I will be writing mine here. Was it as bad as others described?
Current Student
Send PM
k24Moriarty wrote:
abannore wrote:

YesPlease, I have an appointment coming up with this Center and I will be traveling all the way to take GMAT at tjis center.

Hey!how was your experience with this center? Would you recommend this to someone else?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
tanveer7d wrote:
GJ2020 wrote:
Any recent experiens?

How was your test? I will be writing mine here. Was it as bad as others described?

I gave my test on 30th September here and according to me, nobody should give their exam over here. Choose any centre but not this one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
tanveer7d wrote:
k24Moriarty wrote:
abannore wrote:

Hey!how was your experience with this center? Would you recommend this to someone else?

Hi, I would not recommend anyone to take the test over here. It is a claustrophobic space with zero noise cancellation. The earplugs they give are of no use, plus at all times there is an uncertainty of the electricity going off.
There is no space and only 2 people can give at a time. the place is so so small that one person has to move right past the other test taker to move. I staked my money and my efforts at this center. I will never want someone else to go through the same.
During my exam I had people coming and going right past me, electricity went off twice while I was giving my verbal, and took a good 10 minutes to resolve the issue. Th test centre manager at that day was aa good lady but one cannot give their exam here for this one sole reason.

I was in the middle of a long RC passage when the electricity went off and I lost all my flow and consequently, things went downhill for me. The addition to the agony is that I traveled 300 km to take the exam here.
I wish someone told me this before I took my exam here, "Do not go here you'll lose your efforts, money, and motivation to take up GMAT again."
I knew I deserved more than the score I received, Please avoid this center at all cost guys.
Current Student
Send PM
k24Moriarty wrote:
tanveer7d wrote:
GJ2020 wrote:
Any recent experiens?

I gave my test on 30th September here and according to me, nobody should give their exam over here. Choose any centre but not this one.

Thanks! I am going to take the online GMAT then.
Current Student
Send PM
[/quote]
Please share your latest experience at this center[/quote]

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Hi, I would not recommend anyone to take the test over here. It is a claustrophobic space with zero noise cancellation. The earplugs they give are of no use, plus at all times there is an uncertainty of the electricity going off.
There is no space and only 2 people can give at a time. the place is so so small that one person has to move right past the other test taker to move. I staked my money and my efforts at this center. I will never want someone else to go through the same.
During my exam I had people coming and going right past me, electricity went off twice while I was giving my verbal, and took a good 10 minutes to resolve the issue. Th test centre manager at that day was aa good lady but one cannot give their exam here for this one sole reason.

I was in the middle of a long RC passage when the electricity went off and I lost all my flow and consequently, things went downhill for me. The addition to the agony is that I traveled 300 km to take the exam here.
I wish someone told me this before I took my exam here, "Do not go here you'll lose your efforts, money, and motivation to take up GMAT again."
I knew I deserved more than the score I received, Please avoid this center at all cost guys.[/quote]

That's just terrible. Thanks for the heads-up. I am not going to write my test here. Might as well take it online and try my luck with it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 580 Q47 V24
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Anyone given their test in this centre recently? I have my test coming in 2 weeks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Unfortunately, I had to take my GMAT in this centre and that too twice. I too had a horrible experience both times. During my first attempt, almost nothing was working well. The keyboard keys were not working well but I had already started my AWA session and did not want to waste my time so I did not accept their offer to replace the keyboard. The scratchpad and markers were not working and I had to change them every 10 minutes.

Before my second attempt, I called them a day in advance asked them to ensure everything is working well. The second time I did not face any technical issues as such but the overall experience was the worst. Though the Unisoft centre is large, the Pearson Vue office/room is a very small room and only two persons can take an exam at a time.

The room is suffocated and at times unnecessarily crowded by the staff. During my second attempt, 5 minutes after I started my exam, the staff started making the system next to me ready for another exam, A boy was already waiting outside. But the staff lady was not able to switch on the system, so she called another staff member, he too was not able to switch on, then they called another person and within next 10 minutes there were 5 staff members in the room and they started blaming each other for not checking the systems in advance. They were already making so much noise and panic at the same time as the boy was waiting for his appointment. I was not able to concentrate due to the noise and was frustrated, after some time I lost my patience I asked them to stop. Though I was able to take the exam, the other person was not able to take the exam at the scheduled time. He had to wait 4 hours because there was just one system which I was using. What scared me the most was that I was literally stuck with so many people in a small space during Covid period. Moreover, The proctor asked me to keep my water bottle on her desk and before I take my first break the bottle was already finished by the staff members.

So before booking the test in this centre, think twice, go visit the centre and see if you can sit there for 4 hours because the room is really small and suffocated.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37406 posts