Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:29 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GRE 1: Q166 V165
Send PM
Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hello,
It would be great if you could shed some light on how you went about understanding school fit and choosing which course offering was best for you.
Thanks!

Originally posted by EnthuCutlet99 on 13 Jun 2023, 09:20.
Last edited by EnthuCutlet99 on 25 Oct 2023, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Hello everyone! I’ll be joining Cornell’s full-time 2-year MBA program this fall (2023). I come from a non-traditional background - My education is in design, while my professional experience lies in marketing and communications. Feel free to ask me about admissions, essays, being an international student, requirements, and more!

viksam94 wrote:
Hey I’d just like to know how important career trajectory is, as a metric, considering some jobs may not offer a very quick career path? Thanks!

Great question! I believe this is a very individual thing. It can vary based on your circumstances, industries, and personal goals. While some jobs may offer a quicker career path in terms of promotions and salary increases, they might not be something you see yourself in. It’s also important to recognize that a slow career trajectory doesn’t necessarily imply a lack of growth or success. I would suggest take as much time as you need, see what you like and go for it. But again, this varies from person to person.

Originally posted by thewhitefury on 13 Jun 2023, 09:25.
Last edited by thewhitefury on 13 Jun 2023, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
thewhitefury wrote:
Hello everyone! I’ll be joining Cornell’s full-time 2-year MBA program this fall (2023). I come from a non-traditional background - My education is in design, while my professional experience lies in marketing and communications. Feel free to ask me about admissions, essays, being an international student, requirements, and more!

Hi. How are you doing? I have a few questions:

1. What was your GMAT / GRE score?
2. How many years of work experience did you have?
3. What tips can you give us for our application process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
evannco wrote:
What do we need to consider when applying for GMAT waiver?

Hi! please refer to the following page for GMAT waiver requirements - https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/program ... uirements/

DeySan wrote:
Hello, It would be great of you could shed some light on how you went about understanding school fit and choosing which course offering was best for you. Thanks!

Hello! great question. Understanding school fit and choosing the best course offering for your MBA is the first step I took towards my MBA journey. Here are some steps I took to make an informed decision:

Research and exploration: I began by researching various MBA programs and their offerings. I explored the curriculum, course structure, electives, concentrations, and any specialized programs or opportunities that interested me. For e.g. I really liked the option of taking Tech-related courses at Cornell Tech NYC campus

Personal goals and interests: I took a lot of time reflecting on my personal and professional goals.

Fit with my background and experience: Since I have a background in architecture and marketing, I sought programs that offered a strong business foundation and opportunities to build upon my existing skills.

Networking and alumni connections: I researched the school’s alumni network and the opportunities available for networking and mentorship. I found an alumnus who’s also an architect and on a similar trajectory and discussed my candidacy with her.

Visiting the campus and attending events: If possible, visit the campuses of the schools you are considering. Attending information sessions, MBA fairs, and other events allowed me to interact with current students, faculty, and admissions representatives.

Also, it’s essential to consider both the academic and non-academic aspects of a program to ensure a well-rounded fit. Hope this helps!

Hi! I’m good, hope you’re well too.

1. GMAT - 750
2. Three years upon matriculation
3. Will send in the next message :)

3. These are some steps that I took and believe help navigate the MBA application process:

Research the program thoroughly: This comes in very handy not just for deciding schools but when you’re writing your essays and going through the interview process. I linked my personal/ professional goals with what Cornell was offering.

Showcase your strengths: Highlight your accomplishments, skills, and experiences that make you stand out as a candidate. Don’t self-censor, all accomplishments are just as important, use them at the right time.

Be authentic: Present your true self in your application. Don’t lie, don’t make things up. AdCom reads thousands of applications, they can tell.

Craft compelling essays: Take time to craft well-written, thoughtful essays. Writers block is a thing. Don’t try to get the perfect essay in your first draft. Aim for 10 drafts. Pay attention to detail and carefully proofread your application materials.

Strong recommendation letters: Choose recommenders who know you well and can speak to your strengths and potential. They don’t have to be Directors/CEO. I got my recommendation from my manager who’s also very young but they wrote a very personal recommendation.

Be proactive and engaged: Throughout the application process, demonstrate your enthusiasm and engagement with the program. Attend information sessions, connect with current students or alumni.

Originally posted by thewhitefury on 13 Jun 2023, 09:36.
Last edited by thewhitefury on 13 Jun 2023, 09:54, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
This is very helpful. Thank you :)

Will it be possible to connect with you offline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GRE 1: Q166 V165
Send PM
Very helpful indeed, thank you! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Thank you, glad you found it helpful :)
Here’s my LinkedIn profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/swarnnima/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi guys, I had a query regarding Cornell’s STEM mba and eligibility to get that extended OPT. Would someone who gets placed in say MBB firms get that OPT extended if they did the STEM MBA?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.27
Send PM
Request someone to paste the interview briefs link here
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admits link anyone?

Watsapp group for admits??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Shivamrr19 wrote:
Watsapp group for admits??

+1
Would really like to have a quick chat with some admitted students.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 386
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi , whether a 650+ score of you makes you eligible to apply for the program of 1 year MBA, with an experience of 12 years in Banking industry
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
harish555 wrote:
Hi , whether a 650+ score of you makes you eligible to apply for the program of 1 year MBA, with an experience of 12 years in Banking industry

Please check if Cornell is still offering their 1Y MBA program. The class profile would give you an indication wrt to your score and experience
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 386
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.03
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Hi , Cornell is offering 1 year Tech MBA . The website provides the information on the range of the score . However , the detailed score perspectives were not mentioned .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Hi, Can anyone please add me to the watsApp group for admits.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can I apply for Tech MBA when I do not have any background in science and engineering? I majored in Finance only.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
Send PM
MariahLT wrote:
Can I apply for Tech MBA when I do not have any background in science and engineering? I majored in Finance only.

Absolutely not. It’s illegal.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  72   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts