New group
New private
Archived groups
go back
Cornell/ Johnson 7 members online out of 1345
dots
Chat members
MBAjourney7 wrote:
It seems some folks in this thread got the status change email. Unfortunately, I did not receive any email. I had to log in and check the portal last week to notice the status change from "submitted" to "under review".

You submitted on?
Mine status still "submitted"
Submitted on 8 Jan for R2
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine is also "submitted" and I submitted on the deadline (10-Jan)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Moaz1996 wrote:
Mine is also "submitted" and I submitted on the deadline (10-Jan)

Same here

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think they are rolling probably by this week or lately by next week we might get some updates.
*predicted from previous chats
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sujeet007 wrote:
MBAjourney7 wrote:
It seems some folks in this thread got the status change email. Unfortunately, I did not receive any email. I had to log in and check the portal last week to notice the status change from "submitted" to "under review".

You submitted on?
Mine status still "submitted"
Submitted on 8 Jan for R2

I submitted on 1/3/23. It changed to "under review" mid-last week. Patiently waiting for the "schedule interview" update (hopefully :fingers_crossed: )
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sujeet007 wrote:
I think they are rolling probably by this week or lately by next week we might get some updates.
*predicted from previous chats

Very likely. There is a mandatory event for US-based Cornell MBA (2-yr FT program) applicants that are US citizens taking place next Feb 2/3. It is an invite only, for those wanting to be considered for the Park Fellowship. At least for that group of applicants that are going to be considered for the Park Fellowship, they should be getting an invite to attend/interview before Feb 2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAjourney7 wrote:
I submitted on 1/3/23. It changed to "under review" mid-last week. Patiently waiting for the "schedule interview" update (hopefully :fingers_crossed: )

You Indian?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sujeet007 wrote:
MBAjourney7 wrote:

You Indian?

No. US based. Midwest. Submitted R2. Patiently waiting :fingers_crossed:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do anyone have any pdf about MBA in canada?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, admissions team informed me that i need to have at least 25 points in each category of TOEFL, 100 in total. I have 106, but 22 in speaking and this guy tells me my speaking score "misses their minimum requirement by 3 points". But they would still let me continue with this score if I want to. But no information about how this affects my chances. Can someone suggest how serious this is? Would you suggest retaking the test?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAjourney7 wrote:
kafka1288 wrote:
Did you guys get an email when the status changed from "Submitted" to "Under Review"?

Gotcha. Thanks pal
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Paagrio wrote:
Hi, admissions team informed me that i need to have at least 25 points in each category of TOEFL, 100 in total. I have 106, but 22 in speaking and this guy tells me my speaking score "misses their minimum requirement by 3 points". But they would still let me continue with this score if I want to. But no information about how this affects my chances. Can someone suggest how serious this is? Would you suggest retaking the test?

Hi! I have the same issue with my IELTS. But I see this on the website: "Applicants who meet or exceed the minimum TOEFL score requirement but have scores of 25 or less in one or more sections may submit their score for admissions consideration; candidates offered admission may be required to complete the English for International Students and Scholars (EISS) summer program prior to enrolling in the MBA program"

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
marinap1 wrote:
Hi! I have the same issue with my IELTS. But I see this on the website: "Applicants who meet or exceed the minimum TOEFL score requirement but have scores of 25 or less in one or more sections may submit their score for admissions consideration; candidates offered admission may be required to complete the English for International Students and Scholars (EISS) summer program prior to enrolling in the MBA program" Posted from my mobile device

Thanks for replying. Other opinions would also be appreciated.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have applied for an English waiver since my undergrads medium of instruction was English. I have reviewed waivers from other unis like HEC Paris. Should work for Johnson as well I’m hoping.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any one with new invites??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
samrasur@gmail.com wrote:
Any one with new invites??

nope, waiting for invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
If an application still shows just "submitted" does that mean the applicant has been more or less reject for an interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
123aspirant123 wrote:
If an application still shows just "submitted" does that mean the applicant has been more or less reject for an interview?

How is that possible..means those guys might not have opened it by now and you are claiming that they might have rejected ๐Ÿ˜… Gosh ๐Ÿ˜‚
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lalaland1234545 wrote:
123aspirant123 wrote:

How is that possible..means those guys might not have opened it by now and you are claiming that they might have rejected ๐Ÿ˜… Gosh ๐Ÿ˜‚

Guys don’t be paranoiaโ€ฆ if it has to happen it will happen or else we land somewhere else.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
samrasur@gmail.com wrote:
Guys don’t be paranoiaโ€ฆ if it has to happen it will happen or else we land somewhere else. Posted from my mobile device

Yes exactly..if we will start thinking what adcoms think then what adcoms will actually think if we are thinking on behalf of them ๐Ÿ˜‚
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lalaland1234545 wrote:
Yes exactly..if we will start thinking what adcoms think then what adcoms will actually think if we are thinking on behalf of them ๐Ÿ˜‚

hahahaa :lol: :lol:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
any update on R2 invites
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Still showing submitted.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sb1992 wrote:
Still showing submitted.

same!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine is under review
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
DinoPen wrote:
Mine is under review

from when?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just checked. So as of 1/26
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any invites today
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any invites yet?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It seems Johnson is running a bit slow on sending out invites for R2 this cycle. If MBAlivewire is any indication of a general pattern (even a minimal pattern), compared to prior cycles, the tempo of invites since the Jan. deadline passed has been a bit slow. (Link to MBAlivewire here: https://www.clearadmit.com/livewire/?or ... d=&status= )

At least there is still hope, as long as the rejections haven’t been issued!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
johnson is slow in everything so
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
u can expect that from them
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
waterlilyy wrote:
johnson is slow in everything so

lol
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
they r the slowest in my experience
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Better than the higher ranked schools that accept you quickly and only give a one week deposit deadline.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Si any new invites ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So*
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
StarlordArkansas wrote:
Better than the higher ranked schools that accept you quickly and only give a one week deposit deadline.

hahaa
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
One friend sent an email like two days back, and they haven’t answered back yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My app is still submitted...it hasn’t changed to under review, anyone under the same scenario????
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
marinap1 wrote:
My app is still submitted...it hasn’t changed to under review, anyone under the same scenario????

Many..i guess Cornell doesn’t give as much tension as this group gives ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lalaland1234545 wrote:
Many..i guess Cornell doesn’t give as much tension as this group gives ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Salt on wound!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
In R1 it took 6 weeks from submitting my application to getting my interview. 4-5 more to get accepted.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Wow. So let’s just wait ... ๐Ÿ˜”
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
StarlordArkansas wrote:
In R1 it took 6 weeks from submitting my application to getting my interview. 4-5 more to get accepted.

6 weeks already
No update yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Cornell said the majority of their applicants are in R2 so I’m sure that’s making things drag on.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any change for anyone else from India? Still shows "Submitted" for me.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine shows submitted
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same here.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m tired of typing "same" and "submitted"
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there a moderator for this group who can shed some light on this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
simblyjoseph, to what extent do you want us to clarify or shed light on this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Had my interview yesterday. I thought it went really well. All the questions you would expect to be asked, but very conversational. Unfortunately he told me he they weren’t expecting to release decisions until between March 17 through April 6th. So it’s gonna be a long wait.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
SustainableCFA wrote:
Had my interview yesterday. I thought it went really well. All the questions you would expect to be asked, but very conversational. Unfortunately he told me he they weren’t expecting to release decisions until between March 17 through April 6th. So it’s gonna be a long wait.

Means their interviews are rolling , great

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Cornell started sending r2 invites ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got the invite !

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Priyanka411 - seems like applicants from other countries have started to receive invites. Haven’t come across anyone from India who has received.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nightblade354 wrote:
simblyjoseph, to what extent do you want us to clarify or shed light on this?

I was hoping to hear what the timelines for interview call would be like. But someone here has posted that’s it’s rolling. Is this true?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
it’s rolling
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Was there any question related to a case study?

This user wants to stay Private wrote:
Interview was very casual with AdCom

Tell me about your background?
Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
How will you contribute to Johnson?
Conflict at work?
What is your biggest weakness?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Not in my interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
No updates from cornell huh
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nothing ... :/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nothing here as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone. Will Cornel email us in 2 cases of getting an interview and being on the wait list? Or will they send the interview invite first?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello, it’s been more than 3 weeks since I submitted my application. Should I consider it as a ding?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Cornell started sending r2 invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Not yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
khanhmeoxx wrote:
Hi everyone. Will Cornel email us in 2 cases of getting an interview and being on the wait list? Or will they send the interview invite first?

Same here. I think many of us are under the same situation
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Priyanka411 wrote:

It seems like the first admission to Cornell reported over The ClearAdmit livewire just hit today. A few minutes ago, the international (from Toronto, Canada) applicant reported to have received an admission offer via phone this morning.

The interview took place on Jan 25, 2022.

So not only interview invites are rolling, but also the admission decisions seem to be on a rolling basis.....
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
:shock:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just got an invite to interview for the Cornell lead program does someone know what the difference is with this and the regular interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ari777 wrote:
I just got an invite to interview for the Cornell lead program does someone know what the difference is with this and the regular interview?

when did you apply?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Round 2
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
date?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The date you Apple has nothing to do with the date you get an invitation.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAjourney7 wrote:
Priyanka411 wrote:

It seems like the first admission for a R2 applicant to Cornell reported over at ClearAdmit livewire just hit today. A few minutes ago, the international (from Toronto, Canada) applicant reported to have received an admission offer via phone this morning.

The interview took place on Jan 25, 2022.

So not only are interview invites rolling, but also the admission decisions seem to be on a rolling basis.....

Yes check their website under FTMBA -> Admissions -> Important Dates

Interviews, final decisions, and even invitations to join waitlists are on a rolling basis. Everything is rolling until 3/17. Good luck everyone! FYI I took a quick look at the 2022 Johnson intake thread and many applicants received invites well into late Feb / early March for R2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abdur1905 wrote:
Priyanka411 - seems like applicants from other countries have started to receive invites. Haven’t come across anyone from India who has received. Posted from my mobile device

I am starting to believe the recent story related to GRE scam in Hyderabad may be a reason for this delay. What do you guys think?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iamkuberan I am too sure about this. As a trend, especially with Cornell, I have seen that Indian applicants get invites/rejections at a later point. Even in Round 1, some interviews took place in November even though the deadline was in September.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abdur1905 wrote:
iamkuberan I am too sure about this. As a trend, especially with Cornell, I have seen that Indian applicants get invites/rejections at a later point. Even in Round 1, some interviews took place in November even though the deadline was in September.

Thank you for sharing your view

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abdur1905 wrote:

There is no such thing as interview deadline - everything’s rolling and interview deadline was certainly not sept for r1 candidates. It was in November. At least get your facts straight and stop creating a panic situation when times are difficult already
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Received invite to interview. Submitted application first week of January (Round 2). Don’t give up hope, everyone! As long as you don’t receive a rejection, there’s always a chance :please:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
also just received an interview invite. R2 applicant (US based).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
danielsh405 wrote:
also just received an interview invite. R2 applicant (US based).

Congrats on the invite! Are you planning to do it on-campus or virtual? Cheers!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAjourney7 wrote:

thanks and same to you! I’m planning on virtual. flights were pretty expensive
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
danielsh405 wrote:
MBAjourney7 wrote:

thanks and same to you! I’m planning on virtual. flights were pretty expensive

Thank you! Yes, I agree, everything seems to cost too much $$$ with flights. Rooting for a successful outcome for all of us in the MBA journey!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAjourney7 wrote:
Received invite to interview. Submitted application first week of January (Round 2). Don’t give up hope, everyone! As long as you don’t receive a rejection, there’s always a chance :please:

After how many days you got an invite after your โ€˜under review’ status?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ari777 wrote:

When is the lead event?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Priyanka411 wrote:
MBAjourney7 wrote:

After how many days you got an invite after your โ€˜under review’ status?

It went under review around 1/13ish...Received invite today. So almost 21 calendar days.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
A new Johnson (Cornell) Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/johnson-198/interview_debrief.html#debrief-2534
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations on the interview invites. You can check some of the latest Cornell interview experiences at the following link https://gmatclub.com/forum/johnson-198/ ... brief.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anybody from India received an interview invite yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have not
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have also not received
chevron down
Private