GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Cornell/ Johnson 0 members online out of 2940
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: Please update your decisions in the tracker https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ister.html
Pin
shashishekar7 wrote:
What’s your stats? Are you domestic?

International . Based in ksa . PE/VC background. 710 gmat classic
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ShahbazKhan123 wrote:
International . Based in ksa . PE/VC background. 710 gmat classic

You have good stats. Did you get into other schools?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shashishekar7 wrote:
You have good stats. Did you get into other schools?

McCombs and McDonough
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
US schools are wailtlisting and rejected international candidates
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
it’s not fun
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ShahbazKhan123 wrote:
McCombs and McDonough

Congrats! Did you get scholarship?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shashishekar7 wrote:
Congrats! Did you get scholarship?

Yes but not very significant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ShahbazKhan123 wrote:
Yes but not very significant

Ok, which other school you applied?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have also been waitlisted after interview (international candidate - Indian)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
i have also been waitlisted after interview (international - SEA)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do we need to accept the waitlist or send in a confirmation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Internation applicant. Got waitlisted after the interview. Whats the waitlist strategy for Cornell like?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They seem to be quiet today…last round they were pretty much active in the last 3 days :s
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
They seem to be quiet today…last round they were pretty much active in the last 3 days :s

Yeah any idea why? They’re pulling on my emotional strings… you gotta think they know all of the decision outcomes by now. Just let me know already so I can move on

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any idea of the likelihood on conversion for a waitlisted domestic candidate that used a GMAT waiver?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Maybe they now the admitted/rejected decisions but are finishing the scholarship ones…don’t really know, just a hypothesis
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Waitlisted !!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Till when is the Waitlist status valid? Is it enough time to retake the gmat?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ShahbazKhan123 wrote:
Till when is the Waitlist status valid? Is it enough time to retake the gmat?

It goes all the way till June~
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So yes definitely enough time assuming you are taking GMAT in the next 4-6 weeks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Even for international students?that might create visa issues
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes it’s fine - 2 months are plenty for most internationals to get I-20, files DS160 etc - some country might be tricky
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone. Super bummed to find out I was waitlisted after a wonderful interview. Looks like a majority of waitlisted are international?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Today is the day right
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just received a call! International. was waiting for my ding email. So happy
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Received admit email. International.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They seem to be more slow today than they were in the last day of round I
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congrats!!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, does anyone have any advise on how to convert a waitlist at Cornell ?
Anything specific to Cornell apart from the standard steps
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did you receive an email of waitlist today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I still haven’t received a single communication
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just wondering if “bad news” were already shared as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
Did you receive an email of waitlist today?

no, received it on 3rd april
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone still waiting for their return?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone else who interviewed still waiting for their answer?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Waitlisted after what I thought was a smooth interview. Also an international Ross admit -- not sure how I should move forward since I didn’t apply to many schools this cycle... :?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Though I understand that international candidates have more intense competition, especially this year
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Emerald195 wrote:
Waitlisted after what I thought was a smooth interview. Also an international Ross admit -- not sure how I should move forward since I didn’t apply to many schools this cycle... :?

Are you thinking about applying again next cycle?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dreamcometrue2024 wrote:
Are you thinking about applying again next cycle?

Debating myself haha, but will discuss further with my circle & rec contacts
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Okay good luck!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
maverick31 wrote:
Hi, does anyone have any advise on how to convert a waitlist at Cornell ? Anything specific to Cornell apart from the standard steps

Wait list volume is probably high this year. Don’t waste time
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Emerald195 wrote:

why not take the ross offer?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone get an email with slack link?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Emerald195 wrote:

take ross
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
smal1 wrote:
Did anyone get an email with slack link?

yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How many people can you see in this slack group?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys, any recommendations on Tepper with 50k scholarship vs Cornell with 0 scholarship? My aim is to get into consulting or tech post mba.

P.S. Cornell refused my scholarship request.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
How many people can you see in this slack group?

almost600
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:
Hey guys, any recommendations on Tepper with 50k scholarship vs Cornell with 0 scholarship? My aim is to get into consulting or tech post mba. P.S. Cornell refused my scholarship request.

Take tepper
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:
Hey guys, any recommendations on Tepper with 50k scholarship vs Cornell with 0 scholarship? My aim is to get into consulting or tech post mba. P.S. Cornell refused my scholarship request.

tepper has a more strong presence in tech
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tatatatta12 wrote:
tepper has a more strong presence in tech

What about consulting?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:

Tepper even if same scholarship as Cornell because of your goals
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tatatatta12 wrote:
almost600

Do you have a sense on how many of these are fully committed to the school? I understand that usually Cornell admits ~900 students, ~300 enroll…if these 600 are all “just admitted” students that could mean that there is still about 100 spots to be filled.
Just trying to do this math to help and give an inspiration to people who are either on the waitlist or round III applicants
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
Do you have a sense on how many of these are fully committed to the school? I understand that usually Cornell admits ~900 students, ~300 enroll…if these 600 are all “just admitted” students that could mean that there is still about 100 spots to be filled. Just trying to do this math to help and give an inspiration to people who are either on the waitlist or round III applicants

I don’t think that’s tracked anywhere unfortunately tbh but yeah those numbers make sense. 764 accepted 283 enrolled 37% ish according to usnews . There is definitely hope for any waitlisters - good luck folks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:

Did Johnson know that you had a $50k offer from Tepper when you requested a scholarship review?

As far as which is stronger, the answer is the opposite for each of your two potential paths. For tech, Tepper is obviously stronger. Tepper has probably the 3rd best tech/business branding (behind MIT and Berkley) whereas Johnson is actually known as being a bit weak on Tech and not having as much Tech recruitment as other T15 schools. The exception might be if you look at 1 year tech mba programs, since Johnson actually has put a lot into their Tech MBA in New York.

On the other hand, Johnson has the upper hand in consulting. For example McKinsey considers Johnson a target school, they do not consider Tepper a target school. This list changes year-to-year, and some MBB firms consider Johnson more of a "half target" (where they still send recruiters, but not as many). But there are consulting firms that will recruit from Johnson that won’t recruit at Tepper, I don’t believe there are any where the reverse is true. Additionally, Tepper had 15 people go to MBB firms last year, Johnson had 23. That might seem like a small difference, but it’s almost a 50% increase.

https://poetsandquants.com/2021/04/07/t ... -recruits/
https://www.businessbecause.com/news/mb ... ulting-mba
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
Do you have a sense on how many of these are fully committed to the school? I understand that usually Cornell admits ~900 students, ~300 enroll…if these 600 are all “just admitted” students that could mean that there is still about 100 spots to be filled. Just trying to do this math to help and give an inspiration to people who are either on the waitlist or round III applicants

I have no idea. but don’t lose hope
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CakeBoss17 wrote:
Did Johnson know that you had a $50k offer from Tepper when you requested a scholarship review? As far as which is stronger, the answer is the opposite for each of your two potential paths. For tech, Tepper is obviously stronger. Tepper has probably the 3rd best tech/business branding (behind MIT and Berkley) whereas Johnson is actually known as being a bit weak on Tech and not having as much Tech recruitment as other T15 schools. The exception might be if you look at 1 year tech mba programs, since Johnson actually has put a lot into their Tech MBA in New York. On the other hand, Johnson has the upper hand in consulting. For example McKinsey considers Johnson a target school, they do not consider Tepper a target school. This list changes year-to-year, and some MBB firms consider Johnson more of a "half target" (where they still send recruiters, but not as many). But there are consulting firms that will recruit from Johnson that won’t recruit at Tepper, I don’t believe there are any where the reverse is true. Additionally, Tepper had 15 people go to MBB firms last year, Johnson had 23. That might seem like a small difference, but it’s almost a 50% increase. https://poetsandquants.com/2021/04/07/t ... -recruits/ https://www.businessbecause.com/news/mb ... ulting-mba

So I did tell Cornell about Tepper scholarship. Just one point regarding MBB. Tepper has a batch size of 200 and Cornell has 300. So 15 out of 200 and 23 out of 300 is pretty much the same ratio overall.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
And this year, both Cornell and Tepper are in McK’s list
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
And both Tepper/Johnson only has 1 recruiter assigned to the campus (can look this up on Mckinsey site) - 4 recruiters are the max they assign on their top target schools (re: Darden/Tuck/Booth/Kellogg/Wharton etc) so strictly speaking, Mckinsey places Johnson/Tepper on a same tier this year although Johnson might have an upper leg because undergrad has a stronger relationship w McK.

The three firms that might give a slight edge due to the past relationship at Johnson are Bain, Deloitte, and EYP but the differences are marginal that I don’t think it’s worth over-indexed on.

Is Johnson > Tepper in consulting - sure but the differences are much more marginal.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I suggest picking based on: money, cultural fit + location if you are picking between these two schools in consulting. If it’s banking or tech then the answer is pretty clear.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
And both Tepper/Johnson only has 1 recruiter assigned to the campus (can look this up on Mckinsey site) - 4 recruiters are the max they assign on their top target schools (re: Darden/Tuck/Booth/Kellogg/Wharton etc) so strictly speaking, Mckinsey places Johnson/Tepper on a same tier this year although Johnson might have an upper leg because undergrad has a stronger relationship w McK. The three firms that might give a slight edge due to the past relationship at Johnson are Bain, Deloitte, and EYP but the differences are marginal that I don’t think it’s worth over-indexed on. Is Johnson > Tepper in consulting - sure but the differences are much more marginal.

Wow this is a really through answer.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thorough*
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
has any waitlisted candidate been invited to interview? If positive, do you have any expectation of final decision outcomes?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ma_BellaCiao wrote:
has any waitlisted candidate been invited to interview? If positive, do you have any expectation of final decision outcomes?

given how many wl after interview candidates are out here, personally i dont think wl without interviews have too much chance

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For first time applicants, did you write an optional essay for your application?

The prompt stated "You may use this space to explain gaps in your resume, call attention to items needing clarification, or provide additional details about any aspects of your application that do not accurately reflect your potential for success at Johnson."

If I feel like I do not have any aspects of my application that do not accurately reflect my potential for success, should I still fill the optional essay? If so, what should I write?­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congrats to all the admits! Feel free to reach out if you need help in making your decision.

To all the waitlisted candidates: It’s not over! Many people are admitted from the waitlist each year. My recommendation is retaking the GMAT/GRE (or taking it if you initially applied with a waiver), taking MBA Math and continuing to express interest in Johnson by attending virtual events.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone applied to Stern@NYUAD JAN 2025 MBA program?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone knows when interview invites are gonna go out for R3 folks?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Pengui wrote:
Congrats to all the admits! Feel free to reach out if you need help in making your decision. To all the waitlisted candidates: It’s not over! Many people are admitted from the waitlist each year. My recommendation is retaking the GMAT/GRE (or taking it if you initially applied with a waiver), taking MBA Math and continuing to express interest in Johnson by attending virtual events.

My gmat score is the right on the Cornell average, however the quant score is below 70%. Isn’t it better to just take mba math, as if I retake the gmat there is a risk of getting a lower score?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Scholarships & Financing Strategies for top MBA programs

Are you dreaming of pursuing an MBA but worried about the financial aspects?
Join our FREE Coffee Webinar for insider tips from scholarship-winning successful applicants.

During the session, we will explore scholarships and financing strategies to help you turn your MBA dreams into reality.

Speakers for the session:
1. Taylor Fucci: Got admits from Cornell, UNC & Emory with 620 GMAT & Scholarships
2. Prerna Nathani: Got into IESE & Cambridge Judge Business School with 700 GMAT and Scholarships

📅 May 02, 2024
🕘 11.30 AM ET | 9.00 PM IST

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did Cornell start sending out interview invite?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys. Anyone who applied in Round 3, what’s your application status showing when you login to the portal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s showing under review
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks. Still showing as submitted for me. Can you tell me when you submitted your application?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I submitted it on Apr 6.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Adcom came back and said they were missing my GMAT report on Apr 10. I resent it that they and they confirmed receipt on Apr 11
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I see. I submitted mine mid March but my recommender only submitted on 5th April to complete the application, so not sure why mine isn’t even in review yet.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’ll probably drop admissions an email
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Maybe they are doing alphabetical? My last name starts with J
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
May be never know. You wouldn’t know when your status changed to under review from submitted?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I checked last Friday and it was already under review
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Could have changed before then
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Gotcha. I think I’ll reach out to them then
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine hasnt changed from "submitted" either
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anira wrote:
Mine hasnt changed from "submitted" either

when did you apply?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nust2017 wrote:
when did you apply?

Maybe around April 8th
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey Guys, any idea about when we could expect a feedback for the WL?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has Cornell commenced sending out invitations for Round 3?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Abhivas wrote:
Has Cornell commenced sending out invitations for Round 3?

­
I believe they are waiting to see the yield from Round 2 (Deadline Friday) before looking into Round 3.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Pengui wrote:
­ I believe they are waiting to see the yield from Round 2 (Deadline Friday) before looking into Round 3.

I think the deadline is Thursday
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mandy001 wrote:
I think the deadline is Thursday

It’s 4/26 Friday
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do we know typically how long the wait is between yield deadline and the next round interview invites? This wait is killing me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My status just changed to under review. Fingers crossed now
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine says ’under review’ as well. What did it say before? I don’t remember
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Was showing submitted for me for over 4 weeks. I submitted 24th March
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
must have automatically changed after today’s R2 acceptance deadline. There’s hope!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mines been under review for like 2weeks now haha
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Not sure whether they are really reviewing mine anymore..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received a email on April 25 to decide to continue with my current IELTS score or inform the date of retake exam. I decided to continue with my current score and my status changed to under review.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can you guys thumbs up if you applied using your GRE score and got an acceptance?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin