GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Cornell/ Johnson 1 members online out of 2784
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: Please update your decisions in the tracker https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ister.html
Pin
Looking at ClearAdmit, it seems that several people have already received notifications of their acceptance.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from R2 accepted / invited to interview from SEA (Indonesia?)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
asurada wrote:
Looking at ClearAdmit, it seems that several people have already received notifications of their acceptance.

Yeah looks like a ding/WL now
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
asurada wrote:

Yeah looks like a ding/WL now

­If you go to page 20-22 or so of this discussion, you could see that r1 applicants got invites up to a day before the "initial notification" date. 
Some stayed "Under review" for a month.
So I don’t think its over yet !!!

But as an r2 applicant that was under review for 3 weeks now,  I can’t deny the fact chances are getting more slim :(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mnbkjh897 wrote:
­If you go to page 20-22 or so of this discussion, you could see that r1 applicants got invites up to a day before the "initial notification" date.  Some stayed "Under review" for a month. So I don’t think its over yet !!! But as an r2 applicant that was under review for 3 weeks now,  I can’t deny the fact chances are getting more slim :(

Thanks for the Information.

Was the number of invites coming in at later dates high or only a few guys got later invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
mnbkjh897 wrote:
:(

Thanks for the Information.

Was the number of invites coming in at later dates high or only a few guys got later invites?

­I can’t really say only by looking at the posts on this discussion, but there are quite a few invites!! 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I can say that interview invites will still go out throughout March. If you haven’t heard back yet, it’s not an indication of WL/rejection!

I know many of my classmates received invites for R2 in March. Don’t lose hope just yet :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The status on my portal changed to Schedule interview , but can’t find how to do it… any help on that … thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
what is your profile?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ORM , 13 YoE in tech (trying to make a shift) , 730 Gmat
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
but someone knows who to schedule the interview ? Or i should wait to receive the notification email??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes about 2 days for the official email
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
It was two classes around teaming and leadership during orientation and before the official first half of the semester

Is it mandatory that every student should attend it? or only for non quantz background students
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Benbadi wrote:
ORM , 13 YoE in tech (trying to make a shift) , 730 Gmat

What’s your geographic location
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mitulbgd wrote:
What’s your geographic location

North Africa
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mnbkjh897 wrote:
­If you go to page 20-22 or so of this discussion, you could see that r1 applicants got invites up to a day before the "initial notification" date.  Some stayed "Under review" for a month. So I don’t think its over yet !!! But as an r2 applicant that was under review for 3 weeks now,  I can’t deny the fact chances are getting more slim :(

I have posted this a couple of times, but it still applies. I know someone who qualified for a guaranteed interview by attending Jdiv weekend who has not received their interview invite yet, so that means there are definitely still invites going out.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mavrick0102 wrote:
techsalesgal219 wrote:
Anyone who applied R2 receive an invite to LEAD? 

what is LEAD?

­
LEAD is the invite-only event to be considered for the Park Leadership Fellowship (full tuiton).

"Following the admissions interview, applicants will be invited to complete a Park Leadership Fellows essay prompt and attend a virtual Johnson Leadership Exploration and Assessment Day (L.E.A.D.) event"
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sanj1998 wrote:
ChristopherZheng wrote:
It was two classes around teaming and leadership during orientation and before the official first half of the semester

Is it mandatory that every student should attend it? or only for non quantz background students

­
It’s mandatory for all matriculating students. You’ll be working with your core team for the first case competition and the Johnson Outdoor Expedition. 

Honestly pre-term was a great time to relax and meet people before recruiting kicked off -- I would make the most of it!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Another day gone 🥲 Still under review
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
jaylu1217 wrote:
Another day gone 🥲 Still under review

probably coz it was a long weekend. Should probably hear back from the adcoms this week.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone share if invites have come in since last 3 days on livewire
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, I’ve applied
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Everyone, I have applied in round 2 for Tech MBA for Cornell. I haven’t heard back yet from the admissions team. Can someone please confirm if they got a call or status update on their application already or if there’s a possible delay?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s been 6 weeks since I applied and nothing got changed in my application status.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also I’m not sure of my chances as my grades are not great and the GPA is around 3 with a GMAT score of 690. I have 15 years of experience in Investment Banking and currently working as VP for a finance function. What are my chances? Anyone got admitted with these kinds of creds in the past? Your response or a story would be helpful for me. Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Been "Under Review" for almost 4 weeks now and already finished my interview with Ross -- looks like not many invites so far from Asia/SEA on Livewire..?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Emerald195 wrote:
Been "Under Review" for almost 4 weeks now and already finished my interview with Ross -- looks like not many invites so far from Asia/SEA on Livewire..?

same here... no change in status for 6 weeks and just waiting for an update.... anyways good luck!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ditto, used the gmat FE for my app as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Me too...now I am skeptical that GMAT fe was not given equal importance as we all thought
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yeah, it has been playing at the back of my mind (well...all over my mind haha)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ya coz I was clearly among top 85 percentile of people who sent scores to these unis acc to mba.com and have a unique background as a doctor but now am regretting my decision to give GMAT fe
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Too early for anything. There’s still time till the decisions
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Interview invites are still going out; I know a few people that received emails today.

You’re certainly not penalized for submitting a GMAT Focus score instead of an old GMAT score - do not worry about this! The GMAC provides a chart to convert the scores. The same goes for the GRE - you’re not penalized for taking the GRE instead of the GMAT.

I know the wait is nerve-racking, but don’t get discouraged if you haven’t received any news yet. Most people apply in R2 and each application takes considerable time to go through. Don’t lose hope yet!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am from SEA and have just received my interview invite yesterday.. keep your hope up :) and good luck
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nutchphol wrote:
I am from SEA and have just received my interview invite yesterday.. keep your hope up :) and good luck

Congrats Nutchpol.

Are you able to schedule an interview ?

I’m from SEA as well and while I can see on the portal that my app status has changed to ’Schedule interview’, I have not actually received any invite via email. My best guess is that there’s just some delay and it should arrive soon.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
OscarD wrote:
Congrats Nutchpol. Are you able to schedule an interview ? I’m from SEA as well and while I can see on the portal that my app status has changed to ’Schedule interview’, I have not actually received any invite via email. My best guess is that there’s just some delay and it should arrive soon.

An email with instructions will be sent to you soon.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nutchphol wrote:

Good luck and congratsss!!!!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any more great news or interview invites lately from other candidates?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Emerald195 wrote:

­Same here. I fnished my interviews with Tuck (non-guaranteed) and Kellogg and still nothing from Cornell.

During the Q&A session last week everyone was inquiring about this, and the adcom said they will be sending out invites all till mid-March. I guess all we can do is wait.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
miserableapp wrote:
­Same here. I fnished my interviews with Tuck (non-guaranteed) and Kellogg and still nothing from Cornell. During the Q&A session last week everyone was inquiring about this, and the adcom said they will be sending out invites all till mid-March. I guess all we can do is wait.

Its great that they were able to shed some light on this. Wondering though, would it essentially mean that those coming in at later batches are more likely to be WL at this point even if received an interview invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
There’s no correlation between getting interviews at later bat he’s mean more likely to be WL at Cornell
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It just mean your apps were reviewed at a later time
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
got an invite today. app went under review on Monday last week. Do we not get to know who will interview us?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Due to missing documents in the application materials I submitted, after several rounds of communication with the admissions office, my application status changed from "Incomplete" to "Under Review" only on February 16th. In this situation, I do not expect to receive any notifications before March 15th.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
diablo47 wrote:
got an invite today. app went under review on Monday last week. Do we not get to know who will interview us?

Congratulations :D
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sartaj1995 wrote:
Congratulations :D

Click on the invite and open the link. It should display whos room you will enter on the given date so you can look said person up
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
It just mean your apps were reviewed at a later time

Thats great to hear, but my app was under review for about a month already🥲 still hanging in thre
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
jaylu1217 wrote:
Thats great to hear, but my app was under review for about a month already🥲 still hanging in thre

Did u have some items missing in ur app?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How is Admit Experts as consultancy for MBA applications? Any experience/review?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mentis678 wrote:
How is Admit Experts as consultancy for MBA applications? Any experience/review?

Check here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/admit-expe ... -345346005

PS. You can try messaging the people who left reviews for additional feedback or posting comments on the reviews…
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:

I don’t, its been complete from the very beginning
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yep my app is also under review since month...since 28 Jan....am inclining towards ding
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KathanPatel82 wrote:
Yep my app is also under review since month...since 28 Jan....am inclining towards ding

I did just hear that a previous student was interviewed at around early March last year round 2. Lets hang in together
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
jaylu1217 wrote:

I had sth missing from my app, but it has been under review ever since I completed it. Jan 23rd or so :(

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I havent received anything yet. The application has been under review since weeks now. Should i just consider game over then?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I applied to 10 universities this Round 2. Used applicant lab for all the applications. I havent got an invite from any of the schools in the USA (8 universities). I can’t help but think that my GMAT score (680) was the reason as I am an Indian candidate. I know it’s not the only deciding factor, but I still think it’s a major one. I was really hopeful of Cornell as I had networked a lot in this school and got a couple of Letter of supports from the current students. Really anxious and depressed actually. This application cycle is my only chance as my company is a sinking ship and I will be turning 31 in a few months.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dwall wrote:
I applied to 10 universities this Round 2. Used applicant lab for all the applications. I havent got an invite from any of the schools in the USA (8 universities). I can’t help but think that my GMAT score (680) was the reason as I am an Indian candidate. I know it’s not the only deciding factor, but I still think it’s a major one. I was really hopeful of Cornell as I had networked a lot in this school and got a couple of Letter of supports from the current students. Really anxious and depressed actually. This application cycle is my only chance as my company is a sinking ship and I will be turning 31 in a few months.

I’m coming in at a relatively early age at 26 and I have to say as an applicant we’ll have to hang in there till the end. Even if chances are low, it isn’t a hard decline yet. I think you’ve also applied to safer schools as well?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dwall wrote:
I havent received anything yet. The application has been under review since weeks now. Should i just consider game over then?

­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey,
I’m also waiting for the call from Cornell. My application got denied last week in SLOAN for SFMBA. My score is 690 and my work-ex is 15 years plus. I’m 37 and still hopeful... Let’s hand around!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dwall wrote:

Yes, hang it. It may also be that they waitlist you, and you get an interview in R3, or even later. Some schools are active with the Waitlist in May.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Lets hope for the best :D
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ARINGO wrote:
*IMPORTANT REMINDER*

If any international candidates are applying to Cornell Tech MBA program, pay attention to this requirement:

"Cornell Tech requires that transcripts from colleges and universities outside the U.S. and Canada undergo a course-by-course analysis by an expert academic credential evaluator in the United States. Students are responsible for paying all fees for such evaluations and making arrangements with the credential evaluation company to send and receive their documents. Cornell Tech will accept evaluations from Scholaro, World Education Services (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), SpanTran, or any NACES organization member. If you are using the service of a credential evaluator that has the capability to send the credentials evaluation electronically, please instruct them to send it to admissions@tech.cornell.edu. Note: The admissions committee requires this evaluation prior to reviewing your application for an admissions decision."

­Hello
thanks!
Q please-
Has anyone with a UK degree gotten away without this requirement?
Which evaluator is the cheapest?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sartaj1995 wrote:
Yes, hang it. It may also be that they waitlist you, and you get an interview in R3, or even later. Some schools are active with the Waitlist in May.

Keep hoping, there would be vacancies in the future as not all admitted candidates will enroll, so just keep your hope alive.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I know stats aren’t everything, but not hearing from Cornell is making me nervous with a good deal higher stats than their median, and I’ve attended several of their admissions events and connected with multiple students. I wonder if there’s something wrong with my application 🤔

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hang in there guys 💪🏼
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Cornell is very slow as a school. I get that some of you are worried but I wouldn’t stress’s until another week’s and a half
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Order of receiving interview doesn’t matter for international student
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For domestic, it might since there’s Roy Park lead day. For international, you can still get in with scholarship or not even if you get interview later
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Cornell also has a much higher interview to offer conversion compared to school like Kellogg, tuck or Fuqua so they takes time reviewing as if they interview you, you are basically half way in
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So don’t worried and relax!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ChristopherZheng wrote:
Cornell is very slow as a school. I get that some of you are worried but I wouldn’t stress’s until another week’s and a half

Thats super relieving, thanks so much for this comment.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Good day guys, can someone who got interviewed by Cornell share the questions they were asked.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Zain2018 wrote:
Good day guys, can someone who got interviewed by Cornell share the questions they were asked.

+ 1
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guess who emailed me at MIDNIGHT last night... my interview invite finally came. Ya’ll heads up! They are just taking their time. It says that the final date *complete* your interview is 3/29 so there is still plenty of time.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When did ur application status go "under review"?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
techsalesgal219 wrote:
Guess who emailed me at MIDNIGHT last night... my interview invite finally came. Ya’ll heads up! They are just taking their time. It says that the final date *complete* your interview is 3/29 so there is still plenty of time.

­Congrats!

Yes - invites will go out through mid-March. Not receiving any notification yet does not indicate anything :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KathanPatel82 wrote:
When did ur application status go "under review"?

­It was under review for over a month 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations 🎉👏
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Zain2018 wrote:

­
I think the two most important things are demonstrating interest in Johnson and understanding what you want to accomplish with your MBA.

If you can answer those questions well then I think you’re in a good spot.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Reading all these worried anxious messages is like deja-vu for me.

Hi - from a current Cornell 1st Year (from India). Please have patience as the school does infact interview people very late in the process. I remember last year someone got an invite 2 days before the March deadline.

For me, I was waitlisted in March end last year and was interviewed in June end (sic). I had barely a month to pack up and come to Ithaca.

Anyone who receives an invite (whether you are from India or not), feel free to DM me. I will be happy to take mock sessions for you.

I wish you all the best in this journey. Dont lose hope! Cornell was the only admit I converted and so far its been a great experience.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
headofthetable wrote:
Reading all these worried anxious messages is like deja-vu for me. Hi - from a current Cornell 1st Year (from India). Please have patience as the school does infact interview people very late in the process. I remember last year someone got an invite 2 days before the March deadline. For me, I was waitlisted in March end last year and was interviewed in June end (sic). I had barely a month to pack up and come to Ithaca. Anyone who receives an invite (whether you are from India or not), feel free to DM me. I will be happy to take mock sessions for you. I wish you all the best in this journey. Dont lose hope! Cornell was the only admit I converted and so far its been a great experience. Posted from my mobile device

This is soo encouraging
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi all, I got an interview invite and I’m about to schedule my interview, and it would be great to get some advice on whether I should schedule it for next week vs. two weeks later. I’m leaning more towards two weeks later, but I’m wondering if it’s generally better to do it earlier if possible..? I know it’s probably a miniscule difference, but I really want this to go well!!!
Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
wasabii wrote:
Hi all, I got an interview invite and I’m about to schedule my interview, and it would be great to get some advice on whether I should schedule it for next week vs. two weeks later. I’m leaning more towards two weeks later, but I’m wondering if it’s generally better to do it earlier if possible..? I know it’s probably a miniscule difference, but I really want this to go well!!! Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone.

I
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
’d advise to do it now
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
In all honesty you’re going to be totally focused on it for I’d say 3-5 days tops
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
else you’ll just be stressing about it for the future week
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Guys,
How do I check my interviewer after scheduling the interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
wasabii wrote:
Hi all, I got an interview invite and I’m about to schedule my interview, and it would be great to get some advice on whether I should schedule it for next week vs. two weeks later. I’m leaning more towards two weeks later, but I’m wondering if it’s generally better to do it earlier if possible..? I know it’s probably a miniscule difference, but I really want this to go well!!!

Earlier the better

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
wasabii wrote:

­The best time to schedule the interview is when you are most comfortable. I have calendar holds for admission interviews in March that candidates scheduled back in early Febraury. You are not at a disadvantage if you schedule your interview later.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
for those who got interview invite, what is the last day to schedule interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Pengui wrote:
wasabii wrote:

­The best time to schedule the interview is when you are most comfortable. I have calendar holds for admission interviews in March that candidates scheduled back in early Febraury. You are not at a disadvantage if you schedule your interview later.

­­Thanks for the reply! Opted for a date that falls somewhat in between :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

mavrick0102 wrote:
for those who got interview invite, what is the last day to schedule interview?

­The email said to complete interviews by March 29 to get a guaranteed decision by April 5!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Starting that 2 week countdown for all my other under review folks 🥲
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Guys,
How do I check my interviewer after scheduling the interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
jaylu1217 wrote:
Starting that 2 week countdown for all my other under review folks 🥲

I’ve been under review for 4 weeks I think it’s over lol🥲

Nvr hear back from any T15 this application round ....

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s not over yet!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
First notification date is march 15 so plenty of chances until then for Johnson
chevron down