[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "198_school_count"
Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Johnson - Page 3
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 00:58 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 00:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 267
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Here’s something I was talking about- https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/for-rec ... -profiles/

Look at the %ge of international students in the two year vs one year program. Observe the GMAT score, students enrolled and the years of experience. It points in a certain direction. If you’re taking GMAT, you should be able to make sense of these numbers and turn them into reason

iampancham21 wrote:
What should be the Target GRE SCORE?

I usually suggest using the ETS conversion tool to convert the respective GMAT Scores to GRE . Usually 2-3 points less still works but if you’re trying to maximize the odds, always on the upper spectrum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
What are consortium applications for cornell and Tepper? Can I apply via this route?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
palkin904 wrote:
What are consortium applications for cornell and Tepper? Can I apply via this route?

I have a client who was a consortium member. While the GMAT requirements and statistical requirements in general are not as hard as they are for overrepresented candidates, I would not jump the gun on saying what the odds would be. We do have a free consultation available and can talk over about it- https://www.mbaconquerors.com/booking-calendar

palkin904 wrote:

CGSM is reserved for underrepresented US Minorities - selected minorities, not all minorities who are US nationals. If you qualify and are a member, certainly applying through that route would be better than the traditional route.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
This is something, I believe most schools should start reporting. International students sub-demographic data because then it will help understand what scores to target much better. (screenshot from NYU Stern section on GMATClub).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V39
Send PM
TargetttGMAT720 wrote:
for indians atleast 750 i guess

Based on the above chart, this seems valid now
SVP
SVP
Send PM
HrithuOlickel wrote:
Based on the above chart, this seems valid now

750 includes the following countries- China, India, Countries in Africa, Countries in EU, UK, Countries in south America. Except the first two the other countries are not "generally" over represented. I’d add 10 points to that. Making the 760 argument logical and true. ;)

So it is 760 afterall

Excluded a few countries- no offense. :please:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT Focus 1:
675 Q86 V85 DI80
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
This is something, I believe most schools should start reporting. International students sub-demographic data because then it will help understand what scores to target much better. (screenshot from NYU Stern section on GMATClub).

Is similar data available for other B schools as well?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V39
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
750 includes the following countries- China, India, Countries in Africa, Countries in EU, UK, Countries in south America. Except the first two the other countries are not "generally" over represented. I’d add 10 points to that. Making the 760 argument logical and true. ;)

Wow. A punch in the gut to me ( with a lowly 720 ) :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 364
Send PM
GMAT presents a “portion” of the total weightage in an application. Different BS have different weightage ranging from, I guess, 15 % to 30 %. My question is that by improving your score 20 - 30 points how much probability can you increase for your success ? Any rough quantitative measure ? Let’s say if they give you 13 points out of 15, what are the odds of improving your admission chances by improving your score just by 20 - 30 points ? Doesn’t it matters to have a great essay and focus on building a narrative / story around your brand instead of running for improving just 20 - 30 points on your GMAT, which may increase your odds of success by only 1 percent. ( I am assuming so). And what qualitative impact it can have on your overall application ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
yugamjethi wrote:
Is similar data available for other B schools as well?

Consultants who’ve been in this industry as long as I have can tell you that.

tayyab2022 wrote:
GMAT presents a “portion” of the total weightage in an application. Different BS have different weightage ranging from, I guess, 15 % to 30 %. My question is that by improving your score 20 - 30 points how much probability can you increase for your success ? Any rough quantitative measure ? Let’s say if they give you 13 points out of 15, what are the odds of improving your admission chances by improving your score just by 20 - 30 points ? Doesn’t it matters to have a great essay and focus on building a narrative / story around your brand instead of running for improving just 20 - 30 points on your GMAT, which may increase your odds of success by only 1 percent. ( I am assuming so). And what qualitative impact it can have on your overall application ?

Approach it differently.

True, the GMAT is only a portion of your overall application. But schools like Cornell get a lot of quality applications. By lot I mean a lot lot. That said, evidence is already pointing in other Direction that means - GMAT is probably being used as a cut off or GMAT is probably being weighted more heavily over other factors.

If you try to make sense of the process, it seems like a sequential process which has the following order -
Statistics (Analytics)
Resume (Diversity, Experience and Strength)
Essays (Motive and Opportunities - I know what it sounds like)
LOR (Confirming the said words)
Networking & interviews (Communication skills, being memorable)
Of course other minor components of application judges you on other minor things but I’ve to save Something for the clients haha.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
It may not come off as a simultaneous process. It seems kind of as if they are using the prior to move forward with the next one. But of course if schools don’t have as many applicants, process can become mixed or even simultaneous. In short, the truth still remains that you’ve to have a higher score coz despite what’s being said, the holistic process evidently wants people to have a higher score.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Not to aggravate people even further because last time we proved school’s international population has to have a higher score. But here is something that will make you talk about pay equity gap (BUT BETWEEN INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC- salaries-at-top-20-business-schools-class-of-299368.html)

Pay gap*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
anyone still on the waitlist for this upcoming class?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
anonivylover wrote:
anyone still on the waitlist for this upcoming class?

Just out of curiosity, which round did you apply and when did you get on the waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied in round 2, interviewed in late February, and waitlisted in late March. Cornell has been my first choice, so I am still not giving up hope.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
anonivylover wrote:
Applied in round 2, interviewed in late February, and waitlisted in late March. Cornell has been my first choice, so I am still not giving up hope.

Can you still access your decision letter on the portal? Is your application from the 2025 cycle still opened or closed?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so after their maintenance I wasn’t able to access my application anymore it was showing as "closed" but now I can see my waitlist decisions and it Is open again.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5  ...  80   
Moderator:
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
3 posts